Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today

Fangio would be an excellent addition to this coaching staff. We need a veteran coach around to balance our HC. Time management was ignored in some very important instances. I was yelling run the ball to eat clock but McD called a flanker screen and it was incomplete stopping the clock and doing the other team a huge favor. This was late in the 2nd quarter against the Bills. We gave Buffalo the ball back with a minute on the clock. There was no earthly reason not to use all the clock and end the half with us scoring for a change. When we gave them a minute I was thinking that Don Shula would be losing it!! I was also thinking no way we hold the Bills to no points here!
Even if Fangio is hired as the DC, his responsibility would be to run the defense. I don’t see McDaniel changing the way he runs the offense.
While clock management was an issue in some games during the season. I suspect McDaniel realizes this is an area he needs to work on, no matter who the next DC is.

Fangio if he is hired will by hired by McDaniel because he believes Fangio will come in and improve the play of the defense. Not because he wants to hire Fangio to tell him how to run the offensive side of the game.

This guy's like a 100. Let's go younger.

You bring in Fangio it will help develop your lower level assistants. Guy has a lot of football knowledge and wisdom to share. When he moves/retires, you have a successor ready to go. As already stated, he would be a great mentor for our HC too.

Hopefully Ross will make him the highest paid DC. Which is fine with me 😁🐬❤️
Ross has zero issues spending money on his staff. I wouldn't be surprised if he offers to make him the highest-paid DC. Maybe even approaching HC money if McDaniel wants him that badly. Desai wouldn't be a bad consolation prize either...

I hate to say it, but with the current situation as it stands, I’d have to think it’s pretty unlikely Miami sways Fangio to the point where he agrees to terms with us before knowing if the Philly DC spot could be his.

Best case scenario for Miami is Philly losing this week and their current DC stays put. Coming to Miami is the 2nd most appealing job for him and I don’t think anyone could blame him for sticking with Philly if that’s how it plays out.

With that said, I do think it’s HUGE news that we seem to be the first team to interview him this offseason (as far as I know at least), and I like that we were able to get the interview relatively quick.

If Fangio ends up agreeing to terms before leaving the building, I hope some of the fans that have already turned on McD can see just how amazing that is for McD to pull off. It wouldn’t be easy and it would signal that one of the best DC’s if the last 10 years believes in this HC.

The BIGGEST reason I think McD will grow from his mistakes of the first year on the job is that this guy doesn’t need to surround himself with yes men in order to creat an echo chamber in which he’s never questioned. In fact, early on it seems like he thrives on bringing in great football minds regardless of their philosophies lining up or not.
I believe Atlanta already interviewed him...

Didn’t we interview Richard for the HC opening when he was with Dallas? Interesting. Comes from the Pete Carroll coaching tree and was DB coach during the Legion of Boom era.

Why would any respectable coach want to work with Ross and Grier? They’ll have to settle for their third or 4th choice.

Don’t think that’s reality he has lots of interest including Philly if they lose their DC. All these teams probably going to be in holding pattern until another week or two.

Fangio is from East PA too, i think he would prefer the Philly job over anything else.

That's just speculation on my part though

This has been my biggest coordinator want for years.

Please, God, let this happen.
Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Back
Top Bottom