Dolphins keep James with 9.3 million option | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins keep James with 9.3 million option

I have to wonder about Tbums personal finances. He spends money like a shopoholic woman (no offense to women). Constantly changing his mind, buying high and selling low.
I'm getting to the point I only want this team built with our own draft picks. No trading picks away.
It's simple, draft well and you can afford good players or replace them with players on their rookie contract.

Venting over for now until we use the draft to fill holes we just created instead of getting better

IMHO, this is stupid. If you want to sign him to a long term deal, make the offer. If you are gifting him 9.3M for a year, don't expect his number to go down! Whatever they were looking at before, let's just say 7M per year, well the total number just climbed 2M+ with this option exercise. Blech. Say goodbye to our run game.

Supposedly they offered James a long term contract. I guess it was less than James wants. So they decided to keep him on the 5th year option. It is really going to limit who else they can sign. Really hope they are still negotiating and will come to terms soon lowering that 2018 #.

We are almost always UNDER the market when dealing with existing players. Ergo, they walk.Then, we have to OVERPAY to fill the hole created.

Why would it not be better to to slightly overpay what we have?

because THEN, everyone in here complains that they are not "worth that".

James had a 9.5 milper market. He knew that. We are paying the going rate for this player.

That sheer amount of bone headed moves we are making right now is unbelievable, it's like it's intentional.

Back
Top Bottom