Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

Denver, Washington and possibly Dallas if they feel Pitts will be there.

Either way we'd have to shaft them for it to be even worth thinking about.
Pitts won’t be there if they trade with any of those teams. Washington made the playoffs last year and they select at 19. Dallas would likely be moving up to draft Pitts because they will be able to get an excellent defensive player or offensive lineman at 10.

I think the Lions would probably draft Pitts at 8 if he was on the board because they are lacking receivers at this time.

If the Dolphins move down to 9 or 10 they would likely still have at least one of the top WR’s on the board but Pitts will be gone and If the Bengals take Chase, only Smith and Waddle might still be available.

I have no problem with them moving down and drafting Smith or Waddle but I think the Pitts backers might feel different about a trade down if it means the Dolphins have no chance of drafting him by moving down a few spots.

Last edited:
You can't operate based on fear. Grier ended up with half a loaf. Let's say we were still at 3, with all the buzz about 4-5 quarterbacks looking good. Then someone here proposed that the team picking 6 was in the power position. He would be laughed out of the room and rightfully so.
imho it wasn’t only about a 3rd pick burning a hole in the FOs front pocket like a kid in a candy store with a 100 dollar Bill

The FO didn’t get fleeced imho they shook the draft tree up and down

Not only that the FO moved the pick to clear up Tua’s mind as much as get in a position at 6 All the local and national chatter was about Miami getting a new QB whether Watson or draft A new one

The journalists rhetoric was shut down immediately weeks ago when Grier moved down and back up and everyone who says we were going Off at 3 purely speculating even at 6 there is no evidence to suggest that FO is picking Off

And I kno you and J-Off wanted a QB there but that was never going to happen no matter how much the positional value of a QB is worth - Ross liked Tua and Tua gets his chance and why shouldn’t he? That was hardly a set up to succeed situation in 2020

This is the FO playing with both Houston’s and the 9ers money and with more darts to throw at the dart board - cheap labour those picks - even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again maybe it is our turn

Fewer darts, fewer chances to hit and cover all misses

edit : to sum it up yes the FO could have waited to sell higher but IMO felt it was very important to settle Tua’s mind as he prepares for 2021 without speculation

Now at 6 they can dangle the carrot again and still get one of their delights

Last edited:
Trading down is almost always the best play. Smart GMs with big salaries on the line, know this. Impatient fans can’t see past the next pick.
Not so fast my friend, tell me when it has worked for us? Of course no one can claim we have had smart GM's but from Jimmy Johnson to Grier we have not fared well in ANY trade down.

If we trade out of the top 10 then I'll turn on this FO in a heartbeat. I don't care what the offer is. Tired of putting off to the future constantly.

I'm fine with moving down to 9 (Denver) if and only if Pitts AND Chase are off the board. Target Smith/Waddle there.
Exactly this **** is getting old.

I’ve been thinking this too all day. Makes most sense to me at 9 and grab a 2nd and 4th this year. I don’t know if this is the main plan or the backup plan but I’m very impressed with how hard our staff is working to create opportunities.
It’s a GREAT time to be a DOLFAN
This, and move up from #18 for Parsons. We get Smith (how we wanted all along) Parsons and extra draft capital
crazy to even think this is actually possible, not probable but possible. It would be our Hersell Walker deal

Denver, Washington and possibly Dallas if they feel Pitts will be there.

Either way we'd have to shaft them for it to be even worth thinking about.

".... shaft them for it …. " sounds good to me.

We should coin this type of trade " A Texan", because it's too big to be any good (for our trading partner).

Just keep in mind, history has a habit of repeating itself - LOL

I don't know about taking a DE early none of the top prospects stand out one. Probably should look to use a 3rd or a 4th pick so edge rushing could be a weakness this year because we didn't get one in free agency either.
I heard payton turner could be a talented edge rusher that may go in the 3rd rd and maybe miami gets him. What do you think of him?

Every player and pick in the NFL has a price. I definitely think we'd listen to offers. But, no, I do not think we're really looking to trade the pick. We have a small group of players targeted and if one of our top 2 prospects is there, we'll draft him. If some team wants to give us 3 future 1st rounders ... sure, we'll probably do it. But that's not realistic.

Every player and pick in the NFL has a price. I definitely think we'd listen to offers. But, no, I do not think we're really looking to trade the pick. We have a small group of players targeted and if one of our top 2 prospects is there, we'll draft him. If some team wants to give us 3 future 1st rounders ... sure, we'll probably do it. But that's not realistic.
Agreed. Even giving us two first rounders we might listen.

This has Devonta smith written all over it whom I believe has been their guy all along.
I think this is it. I just feel like he has been there guy right along and they have a good feel for where they can get him at the latest possible, while picking up extra capital.

Actually their getting calls to see what it may cost to move up just in case. It means teams are doing their due diligence to be prepared for any draft day scenario. These same teams probably have talked to multiple teams about the potential to move up. Prep work more then knowing who is picking who.
I understand...I just have a very strong feeling that Pitts and Chase are going 4 & 5...and if it falls that way I expect them to look to trade down.

This has Devonta smith written all over it whom I believe has been their guy all along.
They better hit if that’s the case...because if he can’t hold up physically being so slight of build to NFL punishment...and they gave Kyle Pitts? It’s another black eye on the organization.

I actually don’t think they saw it going down this way when they made the trade...My gut feeling in this scenario is Waddle has more attraction for the NFL than Smith.

They better hit if that’s the case...because if he can’t hold up physically being so slight of build to NFL punishment...and they gave Kyle Pitts? It’s another black eye on the organization.

I actually don’t think they saw it going down this way when they made the trade...My gut feeling in this scenario is Waddle has more attraction for the NFL than Smith.
Agreed. 👏

Pitts won’t be there if they trade with any of those teams. Washington made the playoffs last year and they select at 19. Dallas would likely be moving up to draft Pitts because they will be able to get an excellent defensive player or offensive lineman at 10.

I think the Lions would probably draft Pitts at 8 if he was on the board because they are lacking receivers at this time.

If the Dolphins move down to 9 or 10 they would likely still have at least one of the top WR’s on the board but Pitts will be gone and If the Bengals take Chase, only Smith and Waddle might still be available.

I have no problem with them moving down and drafting Smith or Waddle but I think the Pitts backers might feel different about a trade down if it means the Dolphins have no chance of drafting him by moving down a few spots.
I would hope it would only occur after the first five picks are made...this team already jumped the gun once and may have lost a generational player, a second time would be mind blowing!

Back
Top Bottom