Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

Personally, I only trade back if Pitts and Chase are gone. And unless the haul is stupid good I would look at only going back to 8/9 and for a 2nd.....and yes that is a lot to move back 3 picks.

I grab Smith or Waddle and then N.Harris at 18. In the 2nd I draft Centre, Edge and OT. In the 3rd I grab BPA on defense. The offense is set and hope to all hell that we hit on an Edge player that outplays his draft position.

Yes, I think Payton Turner would be a good pick late in the 3rd but he won't be there. The problem is he's more of a 3-4 scheme DE and we play a 4-3 base. He's also missed some college games due to some minor injuries. Overall he's not a bad prospect in a weak field of DE's this year.

I heard payton turner could be a talented edge rusher that may go in the 3rd rd and maybe miami gets him. What do you think of him?

I’d say any trade down will wait until we are on the clock. It depends on who’s there when we pick. No sense in Denver trading up to 6 now for a QB if Atlanta takes the 4th QB and NE gives the farm to Cincy to take the 5th QB at 5.

If Atlanta takes a QB, Pitts, Smith, Chase, or Waddle... and Cincy takes Sewell at 5... then when we are on the clock, that means at least 3, if not all 4, of the top 4 receivers are on the board. I’m on the phone with Denver, and only Denver, because then at 9, you’re guaranteed at least one of them still being there

I’d say any trade down will wait until we are on the clock. It depends on who’s there when we pick. No sense in Denver trading up to 6 now for a QB if Atlanta takes the 4th QB and NE gives the farm to Cincy to take the 5th QB at 5.

If Atlanta takes a QB, Pitts, Smith, Chase, or Waddle... and Cincy takes Sewell at 5... then when we are on the clock, that means at least 3, if not all 4, of the top 4 receivers are on the board. I’m on the phone with Denver, and only Denver, because then at 9, you’re guaranteed at least one of them still being there
Teams seem a bit desperate this draft. Im pretty sure some people are getting fired. John lynch being one of them.

I dont think there is any way we trade back unless both of their targets are gone. I'll be beyond shocked. They are staying at 6 and taking Pitts or Chase.

Not drafting at 6 doesn't mean we can't get him weapons. He already has 3 players who've had success in the league that weren't here last year in Fuller, Wilson, and Hurns. If we moved to 20, we could probably get Elijah Moore...

That said, I hope we stay put...but we don't have to draft at 6 to get Tua playmakers...we got him some already.
I don't take Wilson or Hurns into account as they don't improve the WR situation greatly.
Also Fuller is on a one year loan effectively until we decide whether to pay serious $$$$ to retain him or her is a bust.
Imo we must get a WR on a rookie contract who will be here for 5 years and contribute seriously. I know the draft is a crap shoot at times but we seriously increase the chance of hitting if we take Chase if there at 6 imo. I personally am not quite as high on Waddle/Smith and outside that it's a serious risk.

The various sports shows I’ve listened to over the past 5-6 weeks keep talking about how desperate Da Bears are to find a QB. They offered the world for Wilson. I can’t help but wonder what they’d offer us to land whichever QB’s are around at 6
And that's a good thing for Miami. If the Bears offered 1st round picks in 2021, 2022 and 2023, plus a mid round pick or two to move up, 14 spots for a QB, I'd do that in a heart beat.

would you take the bears #20 overall pick, khalil mack, and next year's first for the 6th pick?

Ill trade with Denver and get at least 9 and 40 which means Waddle and a second rounder (j.williams) instead of Chase/Pitts/Sewell. Lets not get caught up in top 5 picks being guaranteed to be great. Nobody knows how well they will do at the next level so it makes sense to get more early picks and increase your chases of one of them being a great contributor. So many posts here freaking about trading down since they dont believe you will get playmaker unless youre picking top 6. Thats insanity.

Back
Top Bottom