Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

We drafted 10 guys last year, including 5 in the top 2 rds, did we not?

We are going to have at least 2 rd1, and 2 rd2 picks this year.

In that context, I really don't understand comments such as these.
What I think he is saying and what myself and others are saying is what good are the picks if your just accumulating JAGs? I guarantee we didn’t draft one Pro Bowl talent with all that capital last year.

We need some real talent, not roster filler. We need some Chase, Pitts, Parsons types. I personally am tired of passing on the Randy Moss, Earl Thomas of the World for the John Averys and Jared OdrIcks. But maybe that is me.

If they truly are interested in trading down, any scenario works.

QB, QB. QB Atlanta. Takes Pitts, Cindy takes Chase.

Let's say 49ers take Mac Jones. This leaves Fields and Lance. Denver would be worth trading down.

Guaranteed Sewell/Smith/waddle or Parsons

Let's say QB/QB, QB, QB. CINCY takes Chase or Sewell.

If Dallas really wants pitts cool. We could still have Waddle/Smith/Parsons or Chase/sewell.

In both scenarios Miami gets an extra 1st and still gets a top playmaker or best defensive guy in the draft.

In both these scenarios we would wind up with better compensation than had we stayed at 12.

Denver would be preferred.

Washington and Chicago? We could get a huge haul. Plus have ammo to move back up to get whichever WR falls Smith or Waddle.

Many on here assume we are after Pitts/chase or whoever.

Maybe they are after Parsons. If the feel JOK and or Bateman are just as good as the top guys a trade down makes sense.

Pitts or Smith and an extra 1st
Chase or Waddle and an extra 1st
Sewell or Slater and an extra 1st

All depends on what they feel benefits our team more.

By all interviews, Grier has said he would rather have multiple good players than 1 great. Or something like that.

I would call Washington and simply say. Your 1st and Chase Young. That's what it would take. Nothing else. See what happens lol
I like your ideas, but I think its highly likely the Falcons are the ones trading down for a team needing a QB. Assuming that happens we can pick our receiver between Pitts and Chase and be content with that. Hopefully we can trade down to 9. Youll still get your playmaker and another second rounder to get another starter on the OL.

What I think he is saying and what myself and others are saying is what good are the picks if your just accumulating JAGs? I guarantee we didn’t draft one Pro Bowl talent with all that capital last year.

We need some real talent, not roster filler. We need some Chase, Pitts, Parsons types. I personally am tired of passing on the Randy Moss, Earl Thomas of the World for the John Averys and Jared OdrIcks. But maybe that is me.
I hear you on the trade downs for average players, but i think this years draft is the one to trade back. Considering were playing with a free pick in the top 3, parlaying that into multiple picks is a good idea. Stay in top 10 and still get a great prospect. There are more top 10 busts than hits so getting more picks with a GM who has shown poor picks in rd 1 but great finds in day 2-3 seems smart.

Ill trade with Denver and get at least 9 and 40 which means Waddle and a second rounder (j.williams) instead of Chase/Pitts/Sewell. Lets not get caught up in top 5 picks being guaranteed to be great. Nobody knows how well they will do at the next level so it makes sense to get more early picks and increase your chases of one of them being a great contributor. So many posts here freaking about trading down since they dont believe you will get playmaker unless youre picking top 6. Thats insanity.
In theory I don’t disagree. But your not taking account of our drafting history. We have a long history of not drafting good. Last yr was about building a foundation. It is time to actually draft a cornerstone, difference making player. Now if Pitts or Chase are gone, a few spots is no big deal. Honestly what does it matter as Pitts could be sitting there and Grier would take Smith.

I would like some extra picks in this draft though as it is loaded. We will see I am just not a fan of Grier the drafter. Up until the draft he is good.

In theory I don’t disagree. But your not taking account of our drafting history. We have a long history of not drafting good. Last yr was about building a foundation. It is time to actually draft a cornerstone, difference making player. Now if Pitts or Chase are gone, a few spots is no big deal. Honestly what does it matter as Pitts could be sitting there and Grier would take Smith.
If Pitts is there and we take Smith, I am going to go postal. I know Griers track record in round 1 isnt great. He does well in day 2-3. My point is that just because they are a top 6 pick doesnt mean they will be a cornerstone. So many great WR drafted in rd 2 or later. All these picks are just prospects, so many sure thing picks in recent years in the NFL draft turned out disappointing.

My boss and my best friend are both Bears fans, I've been telling them both that I believe Chicago is going to something "crazy" next week and there is a good chance Miami will help facilitate that crazy move.

If Pitts is there and we take Smith, I am going to go postal. I know Griers track record in round 1 isnt great. He does well in day 2-3. My point is that just because they are a top 6 pick doesnt mean they will be a cornerstone. So many great WR drafted in rd 2 or later. All these picks are just prospects, so many sure thing picks in recent years in the NFL draft turned out disappointing.
If Grier takes Pitts at 6 will you then second guess the pick because Grier doesn't do well on day 1? Haha

You are right. It is you.

That's what makes forums interesting, and occasionally very good.

We can never tell where words of real wisdom will appear - we hope it will be us, but sometimes we get a surprise where we expect it the least. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom