Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

You are right. It is you.

That's what makes forums interesting, and occasionally very good.

We can never tell where words of real wisdom will appear - we hope it will be us, but sometimes we get a surprise where we expect it the least. - LOL
I know I can be pessimistic but Dolphins Drafts are comparable to Vietnam Flashbacks, haunting. I get so jacked up every year for the draft and more times than not I am left with a pain where it feels like I have been punched in the gut. I look up from my empty beer bottles, leftover nachos and see despair.

Every year I say it is going to be different, this year I had visions of special players, the kind we never touch with our mediocrity, the best OT in a decade? He can be yours! The best TE prospect in a decade? Maybe, looking good! Teased to the point of exhaustion just to know somehow the football, ala Charlie Brown will be pulled from you,:bang:

In theory I don’t disagree. But your not taking account of our drafting history. We have a long history of not drafting good. Last yr was about building a foundation. It is time to actually draft a cornerstone, difference making player. Now if Pitts or Chase are gone, a few spots is no big deal. Honestly what does it matter as Pitts could be sitting there and Grier would take Smith.

I would like some extra picks in this draft though as it is loaded. We will see I am just not a fan of Grier the drafter. Up until the draft he is good.

I disagree; but this year and next year will tell the tale of the Miami Dolphins.

In my opinion it will either be a climb to respectability or a climb beyond respectability, to superiority. I don't know which one it will be, but based on what I've seen the last two seasons I'm pretty sure that respectability is the lower probability.

This is seldom done and maintained in less than 3 seasons after a significant change in the FO and coaching, 4 seasons if you consider the initial year where teams are stuck with their cap level, players on the team and whatever draft positions based on previous management & coaching.

Last edited:
I disagree; but this year and next year will tell the tale of the Miami Dolphins.

In my opinion it will either be a climb to respectability or a limb beyond respectability, to superiority. I don't know which one it will be, but based on what I've seen the last two seasons I'm pretty sure that respectability is the lower probability.

This is seldom done and maintained in less than 3 seasons after a significant change in the FO and coaching, 4 seasons if you consider the initial year where teams are stuck with their cap level, players on the team and whatever draft positions based on previous management & coaching.
I agree with your premise but don't know about the results.
1. Is Tua going to take that next step? Fitz will not be there when times get tough. This will be the single biggest factor whether we stay at or take a step up.
2. Buffalo still has more talent, this draft needs to nail studs not jags to get closer to them.
3. Even if Tua is better will a two headed OC be the answer?
4. Will the D be up to the challenge this year? A lot of scheming last yr but with the losses of Van Noy, Lawson can we maintain?
5. Like it or not NE got better, Buffalo is already a tier above and the Jets? Jury is out but the division overall will be better.

It should be interesting. We are also in decent cap shape after this year I believe so that is not a bad thing.

I agree with your premise but don't know about the results.
1. Is Tua going to take that next step? Fitz will not be there when times get tough. This will be the single biggest factor whether we stay at or take a step up.
2. Buffalo still has more talent, this draft needs to nail studs not jags to get closer to them.
3. Even if Tua is better will a two headed OC be the answer?
4. Will the D be up to the challenge this year? A lot of scheming last yr but with the losses of Van Noy, Lawson can we maintain?
5. Like it or not NE got better, Buffalo is already a tier above and the Jets? Jury is out but the division overall will be better.

It should be interesting. We are also in decent cap shape after this year I believe so that is not a bad thing.
He shouldnt have started but at least the team knows what he isnt good at as a pro and what he is good at. With that said lets move forward

Really funny thing is -- imagine Grier trying to trade back up to #3 with the

crumbs he accumulated trading down to #6! He'd be laughed out of the league!

True Story!

BNF
we've got firsts in 24 and 25 that we could sweeten the deal with

Back
Top Bottom