Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

Is there any way to trade our #18 to Houston for their next years 1st and 2nd? As bad as Houston is going to be, I want to find a way to get their 1st again.

That 1st overall pick would turn into many 1st for years to come with a trade down from there.

That would be the ultimate draft pimp move by Grier.

Last edited:
I totally agree.

When you said "So, Grier moves around the draft board pre-draft to maneuver into positions where the draft value is lower but the player value is still high." you nailed it.

I would only add that in general, that as I see it, a GM is responsible for the long term growth of the team. This is why he is in charge of the draft on most teams. The GM should be making choices exactly the way you said when he identified tiers. Once that is done he should co-ordinate with the coach concerning the potential viability of the GM's picks.

If a GM does that and can keep the cap under control, he has done his job.
Absolutely right, great point. And certain players excel in certain systems but not in others. So, while we want to draft BPA, it's more important to get a guy who fits our scheme and represents a BPA option within that tier.

Is there any way to trade our #18 to Houston for their next years 1st and 2nd? As bad as Houston is going to be, I want to find a way to get their 1st again.

That 1st overall pick would turn into many 1st for years to come with a trade down from there.

This would be a great move

I think the Fins are already well setup in the next couple of years that they should focus on quality over quantity in this draft... Dont trade down before draft day, dont trade out of picking one of the top 10 prospects in this draft. At this point the Fins need great players alot more than they need more draft picks. "But there are great players out of the top 15 of the draft", of course, but they're harder to find and your odds of picking one exponentially go down once you get out of there.

I think the Fins are already well setup in the next couple of years that they should focus on quality over quantity in this draft... Dont trade down before draft day, dont trade out of picking one of the top 10 prospects in this draft. At this point the Fins need great players alot more than they need more draft picks. "But there are great players out of the top 15 of the draft", of course, but they're harder to find and your odds of picking one exponentially go down once you get out of there.
I agree with you about needing quaility but Houston is going to be the worst team next year and maybe the year after that too. If you get their pick, it will be quality because it's the first overall pick. And the top pick in the second round. With the top overall pick you can trade that back a couple spots for a kings ransom and still be picking in the top 5. It could be like the Tunsil trade all over again with a plethora of top picks for years to come.

I'd hate to lose that pick this year but the quality of players we would get from it would be huge for us. You could trade 1 quality player for many quality players.

Houston will likely never trade with Grier again and Grier is gonna be walked out of the stadium for years to come

I would have no problem moving down a few spots to 9 to move up from 18 ahead of NE

Costs us nothing in retrospect

Absolutely right, great point. And certain players excel in certain systems but not in others. So, while we want to draft BPA, it's more important to get a guy who fits our scheme and represents a BPA option within that tier.
I would think that things like scheme fit and team holes should factor in what each team considers “BPA”. The fact that we need a WR more than CB should be a part of the formula

Houston will likely never trade with Grier again and Grier is gonna be walked out of the stadium for years to come
I think you are right about Grier. I would love love loveto have Houstons next years first.

I am addicted to having multiple 1st s. Love rooting against the team week in week out,if Pitts is gone at 6 and Denver is offering 2 1st for 6. I am trading. Denver could easily be a 4 -6 win team next week. Tunsil would keep on giving. For Denver, they get a qb to develop.

The trade value chart would suggest that we’d be lucky to even get that. Pick 40 and pick 114 are worth 516 points while the gap from 6 to 9 is only 250 points. Teams follow the chart, roughly, much closer than you’d think (whether intentional or not). It’s quite rare to see a team over pay by that much and in this case I only have them doing that because they are scared someone else takes their guy.
I disagree with the chart on many levels, picking up a 2nd and losing 3 spots in the top 10 is a loss imo..

I am addicted to having multiple 1st s. Love rooting against the team week in week out,if Pitts is gone at 6 and Denver is offering 2 1st for 6. I am trading. Denver could easily be a 4 -6 win team next week. Tunsil would keep on giving. For Denver, they get a qb to develop.
I am too, not only 1st round pick but high first round pick. Trade with a Shi++y team. That's why we need to trade with Houston somehow to get their 1st again next year.

At 9 we get either Smith or Waddle . At 18 we get either Parsons or Collins. Add an edge guy as long as he is not a reach day 2 and a center. Smith , Parker, Williams, and Fuller at w/o. Geiski and company at t/e . We draft a rb in the 3rd or grab one of the top 3 rbs if one falls. I think the trade with the Eagles showed that Grier likes a lot of our depth and is looking to target certain players. I think we will be moving all around draft day. I can not wait

I like your ideas, but I think its highly likely the Falcons are the ones trading down for a team needing a QB. Assuming that happens we can pick our receiver between Pitts and Chase and be content with that. Hopefully we can trade down to 9. Youll still get your playmaker and another second rounder to get another starter on the OL.
Imo I think Atalanta shot their load, their busted, so maybe the NFL feels the same, if they do ain’t no way their trading up to Atlanta because they know cincy Is not taking a qb.

I know I can be pessimistic but Dolphins Drafts are comparable to Vietnam Flashbacks, haunting. I get so jacked up every year for the draft and more times than not I am left with a pain where it feels like I have been punched in the gut. I look up from my empty beer bottles, leftover nachos and see despair.

Every year I say it is going to be different, this year I had visions of special players, the kind we never touch with our mediocrity, the best OT in a decade? He can be yours! The best TE prospect in a decade? Maybe, looking good! Teased to the point of exhaustion just to know somehow the football, ala Charlie Brown will be pulled from you,:bang:
I too have always felt that way, until last year bud.

Back
Top Bottom