Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

At some point you have to draft. It’s nice having picks. BUT players win the game and not picks.
We drafted 10 guys last year, including 5 in the top 2 rds, did we not?

We are going to have at least 2 rd1, and 2 rd2 picks this year.

In that context, I really don't understand comments such as these.

We drafted 10 guys last year, including 5 in the top 2 rds, did we not?

We are going to have at least 2 rd1, and 2 rd2 picks this year.

In that context, I really don't understand comments such as these.

But it IS Nice to have more picks and it also is nice to draft in the Top 10 with a pretty strong draft at the Top..with many wanting a QB and us being set there..so yeah..I get it that many don't want to move down much, if at all! But if the "Price is Right."...I'm all for it! Depending who is available at the time! But damn, wait until draft night and see how it plays out, this time! :lol:

That would not be enough imo.

Basically your getting a Additional 2nd round pick, but, losing three spots in the top 10, not enough imo..
The trade value chart would suggest that we’d be lucky to even get that. Pick 40 and pick 114 are worth 516 points while the gap from 6 to 9 is only 250 points. Teams follow the chart, roughly, much closer than you’d think (whether intentional or not). It’s quite rare to see a team over pay by that much and in this case I only have them doing that because they are scared someone else takes their guy.

If they truly are interested in trading down, any scenario works.

QB, QB. QB Atlanta. Takes Pitts, Cindy takes Chase.

Let's say 49ers take Mac Jones. This leaves Fields and Lance. Denver would be worth trading down.

Guaranteed Sewell/Smith/waddle or Parsons

Let's say QB/QB, QB, QB. CINCY takes Chase or Sewell.

If Dallas really wants pitts cool. We could still have Waddle/Smith/Parsons or Chase/sewell.

In both scenarios Miami gets an extra 1st and still gets a top playmaker or best defensive guy in the draft.

In both these scenarios we would wind up with better compensation than had we stayed at 12.

Denver would be preferred.

Washington and Chicago? We could get a huge haul. Plus have ammo to move back up to get whichever WR falls Smith or Waddle.

Many on here assume we are after Pitts/chase or whoever.

Maybe they are after Parsons. If the feel JOK and or Bateman are just as good as the top guys a trade down makes sense.

Pitts or Smith and an extra 1st
Chase or Waddle and an extra 1st
Sewell or Slater and an extra 1st

All depends on what they feel benefits our team more.

By all interviews, Grier has said he would rather have multiple good players than 1 great. Or something like that.

I would call Washington and simply say. Your 1st and Chase Young. That's what it would take. Nothing else. See what happens lol

It all depends on what's offered...

If Denver wants to come up from 9 and offers and extra #1, I'm in.
If Chicago wants to come up from 20 and offers two extra #1s, I'm in.

It's all about how much we get.
that would be great if denver wants to move up (at 9 we still get Chase, Smith, Waddle, Parsons, Sewell, or Pitts). at least i think one of them will be there... lol

Future picks are BETTER than now picks if you are building an empire.

Rev. Feverdream
(somewhere in Eire)
You nailed it.

The fact of the matter is that fans get caught up in what player is the next can't miss NFL HOF'er and forget (or ignore) the idea that if we don't have a constant flow of top picks we can't build a lasting dynasty because....SALARY. At some point Elite players want elite paychecks, you may be able to afford one or two (QB and one other) but you need to have high draft picks that give you 4-5 yrs of great players without huge salaries.

Keep the trades going, draft great players a little bit lower and let someone else pay for the elites....

Every year we are all hyped and the indoctrination reaches a rabid hysteria, Why?
none of these players have been in a NFL Game yet.
who know what will happen with each one.
I wish we would have Never selected Dion Jordan at three.
I wish we had extra picks and would have in the 6th round taken. QB named Tom Brady.
Hey look at these top picks
Steve Emtman
Quinten Coryatt
David Klingler
Joey Harrington
the list goes on. do you get the point
as far as trading Back , yes if we get capitol. Look where Marino got picked.
only 10 more days of insanity

If they truly are interested in trading down, any scenario works.

QB, QB. QB Atlanta. Takes Pitts, Cindy takes Chase.

Let's say 49ers take Mac Jones. This leaves Fields and Lance. Denver would be worth trading down.

Guaranteed Sewell/Smith/waddle or Parsons

Let's say QB/QB, QB, QB. CINCY takes Chase or Sewell.

If Dallas really wants pitts cool. We could still have Waddle/Smith/Parsons or Chase/sewell.

In both scenarios Miami gets an extra 1st and still gets a top playmaker or best defensive guy in the draft.

In both these scenarios we would wind up with better compensation than had we stayed at 12.

Denver would be preferred.

Washington and Chicago? We could get a huge haul. Plus have ammo to move back up to get whichever WR falls Smith or Waddle.

Many on here assume we are after Pitts/chase or whoever.

Maybe they are after Parsons. If the feel JOK and or Bateman are just as good as the top guys a trade down makes sense.

Pitts or Smith and an extra 1st
Chase or Waddle and an extra 1st
Sewell or Slater and an extra 1st

All depends on what they feel benefits our team more.

By all interviews, Grier has said he would rather have multiple good players than 1 great. Or something like that.

I would call Washington and simply say. Your 1st and Chase Young. That's what it would take. Nothing else. See what happens lol
I'll never understand why people think Washington is trading Chase Young. He had a monster rookie season. In fact, the only scenario I see them ever doing that is to Jacksonville for their #1 pick.

I'll never understand why people think Washington is trading Chase Young. He had a monster rookie season. In fact, the only scenario I see them ever doing that is to Jacksonville for their #1 pick.
Just because it was mentioned doesn't mean they think Washington would do it.

Its simple. If Washington is interested. Thats what it would take.

There's a difference between saying what iy would take and what I believe they would do.

Nowhere have I ever stated Washington would be willing to trade Young

Every player and pick in the NFL has a price. I definitely think we'd listen to offers. But, no, I do not think we're really looking to trade the pick. We have a small group of players targeted and if one of our top 2 prospects is there, we'll draft him. If some team wants to give us 3 future 1st rounders ... sure, we'll probably do it. But that's not realistic.

I agree.

I also believe that some teams take "unrealistic" actions as the draft approaches to target players early in the draft.

If we can get " a Texan" type of "unrealistic" trade with some team, I say take it.

I also think Grier did the right thing when he made a second trade from #12 to #6; and other teams calling in to ask about a trade confirms the wisdom of his actions.

I feel when we are getting calls to make a trade as opposed to calling around to make a trade, we have a distinct advantage.

The trade value chart would suggest that we’d be lucky to even get that. Pick 40 and pick 114 are worth 516 points while the gap from 6 to 9 is only 250 points. Teams follow the chart, roughly, much closer than you’d think (whether intentional or not). It’s quite rare to see a team over pay by that much and in this case I only have them doing that because they are scared someone else takes their guy.

That chart is a guideline based on one mans estimation.

It must not be as reliable as Kelly's "blue book" because the people making the trades seem to disregard it at will.

The fact remains, Grier has potentially put Miami into another situation of multiple first round picks in the future. MAXIMIZE VALUE.

90% of this board was screaming in January how we have to draft D Smith or P Sewell and now we have a real chance to do that... and add *two* future firsts again

if pitts and chase are gone. Then i wouldn't mind trade down to 9 if we got another second. The second round has a lot of value this year. I would like a running back, edge, center, and maybe samual jr in second. But last draft and this draft are huge for us. trade or keep the picks but we must hit on them.

Back
Top Bottom