Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

Apparently it will, as its happened before.

Some wouldve said no way a 2021 1st would get you from 12 to 6 but as usual, depends on the circumstnaces.

I think people focus way too hard on the trades like its a set currency. It's not. It's relative. If Miami gets Pitts + a 2023 1st + 2022 3rd, then Im just not sure what more you could've wanted. The guy who many many many have slated as the best non-QB in the draft. How's that anything but a win?

Our backup plan feels like trading down with a Denver, getting a 2022 1st, and then drafting Smith or Waddle. Ultimately a weapon in our offense, and we're still walking with the clock reset - we have back to back years of multiple 1sts coming up.
Well you're just wrong if you don't see picks as NFL currency -- and just like money -- they are time-valued.

Impossible to understand how folks don't understand that!

The fact we gave up our #1 in '21 + mid round value to move to 6 tells all. The Eagles weren't stupid enough

to take an R1 in '23. So we forked over the PRIME VALUE we got in the initial trade down to move back up.

Point is ------ a lot of us realize we should have got a LOT MORE for the net trade down from 3 to 6 and

we'd be in better (more dominant position) if we hadn't made those trades and waited for the "market

to mature." Of course -- if you're "argument" is that Grier was able to squeeze something out of

that golden nugget #3 --- have fun. Selling your car for 40% below market isn't "great value."

How wonderfully condescending, how could I not want to reply!?

You either don't understand how currency is actually valued or you've gotten so excited to put words into quotation marks as if that makes your talking point or more or less valid.

You have absolutely no idea if the trade down is a good move or not at this current moment. To act like you do is silly and honestly a bit delusional.

By the way - possessive is "your". Not you're. I am not the argument itself. I own it. Much like Miami owns the 2023 1st round pick from the San Francisco 49ers when they didnt before!

Before the Darnold trade I always said we might be in the catbird seat with Carolina and Denver if a QB falls.

Even after the trade, if I'm Carolina and I love Fields or Lance (for example), Darnold sure as hell isn't stopping me from selecting my QB of the future (I hardly gave the Jests jack-all for him anyway).

The rookie can sit behind Darnold and learn. Lance is super raw.

And Denver may come knocking too.

As another poster said, if Smith/Waddle/Parsons/Sewell are all still there at #6, we may end up in the catbird seat after all.

Or our #1 player in the entire draft is sitting there at #6, and we have some tough decisions to make.

It's good to be the king.
mel brooks horror GIF

Grier is going to end up trading 2 top 10 picks in one draft to two separate teams looking for QBs. All while still landing his original player. Can't do that on draft day alone. Grier = The Master Power Broker.

As much as some want to hate Griers moves...position 6 is one of power. That's why he traded back up. Moreso than wanting any particular player.
Shoot if we can trade down to a point where one of these guys would guaranteed be there..I will poop my pants.

Parsons..Sewell.Chase..Smith..Waddle..Pitts.

So if let’s say four qbs go that means picking ten is the sweet spot For us.

so that means we pick ten, we got one of those dudes, we pick up more capital on top of what we’ve already accumulated, man..

What I don't get is I'm sure there are only a select few who actually know what the Phins plans are, and NONE of them are leaking it to any employee who would not normally be in the know. Who would jeopardize their position on an NFL team by leaking something to the press? They have nothing to gain by doing so. This is all SMOKE, the only thing that gets out is what they intentionally put out there for the media to spread.
I agree with this. I think the Dolphins want QB needy teams to think that they are open to trading the pick. Making one of those teams trade all the way up to 4 with the Falcons so they get their guy. If that happens, it guarantees that the Falcons don't pick Pitts.

I agree with this. I think the Dolphins want QB needy teams to think that they are open to trading the pick. Making one of those teams trade all the way up to 4 with the Falcons so they get their guy. If that happens, it guarantees that the Falcons don't pick Pitts.
Everything is a calculated decision right on down to what info gets leaked...

If 5 QBs go in the top 10, both Smith AND Waddle may fall out of the top 10 entirely.

I wont go so far as to predict it, but it is looking more likely every day.

5 QBs, Pitts and Chase... a corner to the Cowboys. It doesn't leave much.
Parsons too if his character checks out.

The Saints can move up and get the next available quarterback, we’ll take Michael Thomas and picks, the Cowboys can trade up and we’ll take Amari Cooper and picks, same with Denver, give up Courtland Sutton. We have to get a number one wide receiver to move down. We’re trading their WR for a rookie QB and another number one at least. I’d take the proven veteran over any of the rookie class along with future picks, can’t go wrong. We have our quarterback, teams that don’t need to consider the value of the two positions.

Back
Top Bottom