Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

Just have to be weary of Lions and Panthers back to back. Key to this might be the Bengals. If they pick Sewell, and our pick goes to a QB team, we have our WR at 9. Bengals go Sewell, we are set. But if it's Pitts, Chase at 4,5 and we trade to a team looking at the 4th QB, it's possible Waddle and Smith are gone at 7,8. Then what? Trade back again with a team for the 5th QB?
Real crazy stuff. If Atlanta takes Pitts, it make our 6 more valuable for QB 4. But it also increases the risk of missing on the 4 WR/TE studs. Cincy needs to take Sewell and we are golden.
Assuming that we want a WR.

Ahem...

Some of us... don't.

This is it to me. You trade down from 3 to 12 to make sure you get something. Don't want to end up like Detroit last year. You trade back up to 6, because you can be in a position on draft night to flip that pick for more than you gave up to get back up there, while still picking earlier than 12. If that doesn't materialize, at least you got an extra 1st and 3rd for moving back, and you likely have Pitts on the board.

If Pitts goes to Atlanta, Denver should be desperate for a QB. And, unlike 12, at 9, you're pretty much guaranteed one of Smith or Waddle.
Brilliant

To me, nothing should be done till we see how the draft unfolds:
1. Jags-Lawrence
2. Jets-Wilson
3. 49ers-If they take Jones or Lance here, then it gets interesting
4. Atl-Let's say they take Pitts
5. Cinci-Sewell
6. Now we have Fields and Lance/Jones that QB hungry teams may want. Say we trade to 9 and Denver takes one of them here
7. Det-Chase or Smith
8. Car-A wild card. Maybe they take the other QB or they take the other WR, Chase or Smith or maybe Parsons
9-Us. We can have one of Waddle or Parsons out of those top 10ish players.
I would go for it.

Just have to be weary of Lions and Panthers back to back. Key to this might be the Bengals. If they pick Sewell, and our pick goes to a QB team, we have our WR at 9. Bengals go Sewell, we are set. But if it's Pitts, Chase at 4,5 and we trade to a team looking at the 4th QB, it's possible Waddle and Smith are gone at 7,8. Then what? Trade back again with a team for the 5th QB?
Real crazy stuff. If Atlanta takes Pitts, it make our 6 more valuable for QB 4. But it also increases the risk of missing on the 4 WR/TE studs. Cincy needs to take Sewell and we are golden.
Then you take Parsons or Sewell, it's not that difficult. Your better no matter what.

They will wait and see how the draft unfolds.
1. TL 2. Wilson 3. Jones 4. Pitts 5. Sewell 6. Denver trade -Fields 7. Chase 8. Slater or Parsons
9. Fins Smith or Waddle.
To get Denver's 2nd round pick is a win in this scenario.
This is why I just said that the Bengals determine if we can trade down. If they go Chase instead of Sewell, it gets sticky.

Then you take Parsons or Sewell, it's not that difficult. Your better no matter what.
I'm going on the assumption that we want a playmaker. Otherwise why jump from 3 to 12 to 6? If Sewell was our pick, we stay at 3. If it was Parsons - he could be there at 12. Odds are it's an offensive skill position.

Trade pick 6 to Denver for pick 9 and an additional 2rd and 4 th pick this year. Trade pick 18, 36 and Denver 4 round pick to Dallas for pick ten . With pick 9 draft Sewell or slater and pick Micah parsons at # 10
Yea because everyone willing to trade with us.

For me, there’s a very significant gap from Pitts-Chase-Parsons to Waddle. And then an even a bigger gap to Smith – who I wouldn’t even look at in R1 with all the crap he’s pulled refusing to weigh, test and run. We’re guaranteed one of the Pitts, Chase Parsons pack at 6. That’s definitely not certain at 9 or 10 etc. Considering what Grier forked over to move back up from 12 to 6 --- he better get his fillet knife razor sharp before he trades down from 6!

I'm convinced... CONVINCED that the fourth pick will be a QB. It may not be Atlanta selecting that QB, but a QB will go in that slot.

Why?

There are just too many teams dying to get Fields or Lance in that spot. Atlanta would be nuts... just nuts to select a Tight End that they don't need, for an older QB playing on a bad team, instead of taking advantage of a really HOT QB market to fatten up their coffers. At worst, they look in the mirror and say, there is a first round QB and we'll need one very soon and may not be in the position to take one next year... and then take a QB.

I've had it going QB 1-4 for weeks now, and I just don't see it changing. There is a cost analysis thing going on here and everyone is overpaying for QBs.

That means that it comes down to Sewell or Chase for the Bengals. Burrow wants Chase... Burrow has publicly asked for Chase... they won't take Pitts. If they pass on Sewell, it will be for Chase.

So... now we are up and the phone is ringing. Teams are offering multiple picks, maybe multiple #1s for our spot... or do we take Pitts?

THAT is going to be the question.

Not sure why so many folks are writing this off. Its pretty clearly Grier being a good GM and having backup plans should they miss their target at 6.

Great move. GREAT move. Dont draft D Smith 6th when he's likely falling to 10.

Not sure why so many folks are writing this off. Its pretty clearly Grier being a good GM and having backup plans should they miss their target at 6.

Great move. GREAT move. Dont draft D Smith 6th when he's likely falling to 10.
Even if we don't miss our target(s) at #6.

It's malpractice not to listen to all offers.

I dont think Dolphins really want to trade down again, I think they are making other QB needy teams nervous like the Broncos so they will trade up before the Dolphins pick (Maybe with ATL at #4), in fear that some other team will trade with Dolphins and steal their QB.

I'm getting nervous we should have just stayed at #3. But moving down 3 spots and gaining an extra 1st and 3rd is good value.

Back
Top Bottom