Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

I'll admit it... I'm all over articles like this for a couple of reasons. One: I think we should have stayed at 12. and Two: I believe that it is ALWAYS better to trade down if you can get the right deal.

So...

Is this speculation real?

No clue.

But I hope so.

Trading down is almost always the best play. Smart GMs with big salaries on the line, know this. Impatient fans can’t see past the next pick.

Of course, if the 2 #1's were in 2022 and 2023. But even so, that's alot of draft spots to come up. I'd think Chicago would need to add more, to make it happen.

I personally think its going to be Denver and Miami will select a CB at #9. JMO.
Not unless we plan on trading X. We already have the 2 highest paid corners and drafted one in the first last yr. talk about an overkill.

If we trade out of the top 10 then I'll turn on this FO in a heartbeat. I don't care what the offer is. Tired of putting off to the future constantly.

I'm fine with moving down to 9 (Denver) if and only if Pitts AND Chase are off the board. Target Smith/Waddle there.

In a vacuum this makes plenty of sense. Gaining more 1's or perhaps 1 and 2's could allow you get a next tier player while being in perpetual player asset mode. As much as I want Pitts/Chase...if you gain Waddle and more picks...I think it's just as good to have a home run hitter and threat to score everytime as it is to have the aforementioned Chase/Pitts.

I'm waffling though..one day..it's this..then it's that. Draft please hurry.

If we trade out of the top 10 then I'll turn on this FO in a heartbeat. I don't care what the offer is. Tired of putting off to the future constantly.

I'm fine with moving down to 9 (Denver) if and only if Pitts AND Chase are off the board. Target Smith/Waddle there.
But if your intel was saying Smith or Waddle would be there at 11 you would rather trade to 9 to get them than to 11 just to avoid trading out of the top 10?

Trading down is almost always the best play. Smart GMs with big salaries on the line, know this. Impatient fans can’t see past the next pick.
The other day, someone posted an article that said just that... I wished I had saved the link.

Before the Darnold trade I always said we might be in the catbird seat with Carolina and Denver if a QB falls.

Even after the trade, if I'm Carolina and I love Fields or Lance (for example), Darnold sure as hell isn't stopping me from selecting my QB of the future (I hardly gave the Jests jack-all for him anyway).

The rookie can sit behind Darnold and learn. Lance is super raw.

And Denver may come knocking too.

As another poster said, if Smith/Waddle/Parsons/Sewell are all still there at #6, we may end up in the catbird seat after all.

Or our #1 player in the entire draft is sitting there at #6, and we have some tough decisions to make.

It's good to be the king.

Back
Top Bottom