Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

Big fan of some of the group of players projected to be available at the top of the 2nd. Hypothetically with Denver’s 2nd we could have a second round of J.Williams/etienne, tryon/p.turner/basham, and Humphrey/dickerson (or maybe a DB and/or Elijah Moore). Add waddle/smith and parsons/Collins and WOW, that looks like a grand slam draft to me

According to Ian, Dolphins are receiving calls about the 6th pick and might be interested. Which team do you think they will trade with?
Grier taking heat for getting fleeced by Phila -- warming up the yo-yo again.

Word has it they did a '21 pick inventory over the weekend and realized they didn't add crap

in the upcoming draft and Ross is pissed! The old man could "care less about two-thousand

freaking twenty-three!" He's in this for the immediate payoff! It's like "Yo!"

Yo-yo!

:bobdole:

Funny thing is that a lot of folks on here loved 3 to 12 and hated 12 to 6. But here we are and teams are calling for the 6. I wonder how many of those QB hungry teams are now calling the Eagles.

As much as some want to hate Griers moves...position 6 is one of power. That's why he traded back up. Moreso than wanting any particular player.

This is it to me. You trade down from 3 to 12 to make sure you get something. Don't want to end up like Detroit last year. You trade back up to 6, because you can be in a position on draft night to flip that pick for more than you gave up to get back up there, while still picking earlier than 12. If that doesn't materialize, at least you got an extra 1st and 3rd for moving back, and you likely have Pitts on the board.

If Pitts goes to Atlanta, Denver should be desperate for a QB. And, unlike 12, at 9, you're pretty much guaranteed one of Smith or Waddle.

Really funny thing is -- imagine Grier trying to trade back up to #3 with the

crumbs he accumulated trading down to #6! He'd be laughed out of the league!

True Story!

BNF

Would be kind of crazy to go from 3 to 12 to 6 and then back down. If they trade back to around 12 or lower it definitely would need to be for more than what they traded with the Eagles otherwise that trade up makes no sense. My guess, if Chase and Pitts are gone, that they trade back with Denver and pick up maybe a second round pick. Then take Smith or Waddle at 9.

This is it to me. You trade down from 3 to 12 to make sure you get something. Don't want to end up like Detroit last year. You trade back up to 6, because you can be in a position on draft night to flip that pick for more than you gave up to get back up there, while still picking earlier than 12. If that doesn't materialize, at least you got an extra 1st and 3rd for moving back, and you likely have Pitts on the board.

If Pitts goes to Atlanta, Denver should be desperate for a QB. And, unlike 12, at 9, you're pretty much guaranteed one of Smith or Waddle.
If 5 QBs go in the top 10, both Smith AND Waddle may fall out of the top 10 entirely.

I wont go so far as to predict it, but it is looking more likely every day.

5 QBs, Pitts and Chase... a corner to the Cowboys. It doesn't leave much.

BRIAN FLORES
HC, MIAMI DOLPHINS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are "considering" trading the No. 6 overall pick.​

It's not news that the Dolphins have "received calls from teams looking to trade up to No. 6" — one of the 'Big Five' quarterbacks were always expected to fall there since the Bengals filled that need last year. But Miami weighing whether to move back (again) for multiple picks would obviously shake up the draft in a variety of ways. The Broncos, Patriots, and Bears are all teams that could try and jostle their positions to secure a first-round talent under center at No. 6.

Just have to be weary of Lions and Panthers back to back. Key to this might be the Bengals. If they pick Sewell, and our pick goes to a QB team, we have our WR at 9. Bengals go Sewell, we are set. But if it's Pitts, Chase at 4,5 and we trade to a team looking at the 4th QB, it's possible Waddle and Smith are gone at 7,8. Then what? Trade back again with a team for the 5th QB?
Real crazy stuff. If Atlanta takes Pitts, it make our 6 more valuable for QB 4. But it also increases the risk of missing on the 4 WR/TE studs. Cincy needs to take Sewell and we are golden.

I don't know about taking a DE early none of the top prospects stand out one. Probably should look to use a 3rd or a 4th pick so edge rushing could be a weakness this year because we didn't get one in free agency either.

They will wait and see how the draft unfolds.
1. TL 2. Wilson 3. Jones 4. Pitts 5. Sewell 6. Denver trade -Fields 7. Chase 8. Slater or Parsons
9. Fins Smith or Waddle.
To get Denver's 2nd round pick is a win in this scenario.

Back
Top Bottom