Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

I dont think Dolphins really want to trade down again, I think they are making other QB needy teams nervous like the Broncos so they will trade up before the Dolphins pick (Maybe with ATL at #4), in fear that some other team will trade with Dolphins and steal their QB.

I'm getting nervous we should have just stayed at #3. But moving down 3 spots and gaining an extra 1st and 3rd is good value.
No. It's not. The R3 is in '22 and the R1 in '23. That's CHEAP for that move.

Don't think so? Just try and trade an R3 in '22 and an R1 in '23 to move BACK UP from 6 to 3.

Ain't no way in hell that will get 'er done!

Last edited:
Denver, Washington and possibly Dallas if they feel Pitts will be there.

Either way we'd have to shaft them for it to be even worth thinking about.
If they drop out of the 6th, there's no way they'll get Pits, he may not even be there at 6...

I was a big fan of the trade from 3 to 12....trading from 12 to 6 I thought we gave up too much.

If Grier can trade 6 to let’s say Denver at 9 and pick up their 1st rounder next year and their 2nd rounder this year he will officially go down as a trade master.

I would think Denver at #9 could be a target if quarterbacks go 1,2,3, 4. New England would probably want to trade up, but that's not going to happen with Miami.

No. It's not. The R3 is in '22 and the R1 in '23. That's CHEAP for that move.

Don't think so? Just try and trade an R3 in '22 and an R1 in '23 to move BACK UP from 3 to 6.

Ain't no way in hell that will get 'er done!
Apparently it will, as its happened before.

Some wouldve said no way a 2021 1st would get you from 12 to 6 but as usual, depends on the circumstnaces.

I think people focus way too hard on the trades like its a set currency. It's not. It's relative. If Miami gets Pitts + a 2023 1st + 2022 3rd, then Im just not sure what more you could've wanted. The guy who many many many have slated as the best non-QB in the draft. How's that anything but a win?

Our backup plan feels like trading down with a Denver, getting a 2022 1st, and then drafting Smith or Waddle. Ultimately a weapon in our offense, and we're still walking with the clock reset - we have back to back years of multiple 1sts coming up.

Oh, I cannot wait to read the mock drafts in 1-2 days with this new trade scenario. I hope, being the armchair GM, we do not pull the trigger on the trade until Cincinnati picks. If Pitts is on the board, I hope that we stay put. I am just not as sold on Chase and methinks Cincy will be taking a tackle or Chase.

Denver, Washington and possibly Dallas if they feel Pitts will be there.

Either way we'd have to shaft them for it to be even worth thinking about.
Right. Would have to get more than Miami gave up to get back from 12 to 6.

If Chicago offered us #20, and their first round picks in the next two drafts ... (and they'll be bad, so early picks)... for our #6, you take that. You take that all day and you hit it twice on 4/20.

add that to the #1 and #3 that we got from the first trade down... and you've gotten 4 (four) extra starters.

Someone please trade with Atlanta soon so we can stay at 6 and get a play maker.
That's the most likely move IMO. I don't know if a team will trade up for quarterback #5, which I believe is Jones.

If Denver offers me #9 and a one (or this year's two), I say 'yes' to that one too.

That gets you Smith or Waddle.

plus whatever they've gave up to get to #6.

this is very unusual, perplexing

What I don't get is I'm sure there are only a select few who actually know what the Phins plans are, and NONE of them are leaking it to any employee who would not normally be in the know. Who would jeopardize their position on an NFL team by leaking something to the press? They have nothing to gain by doing so. This is all SMOKE, the only thing that gets out is what they intentionally put out there for the media to spread.

What I don't get is I'm sure there are only a select few who actually know what the Phins plans are, and NONE of them are leaking it to any employee who would not normally be in the know. Who would jeopardize their position on an NFL team by leaking something to the press? They have nothing to gain by doing so. This is all SMOKE, the only thing that gets out is what they intentionally put out there for the media to spread.
Youd be surprised how many leaks there are in every single organization as a result of business being business and there being multiple folks surrounding each of these moves. I agree with you in theory but it's hardly out of the realm of possibility.

We'll see!

Back
Top Bottom