Dolphins lose Preston Williams -- Torn ACL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins lose Preston Williams -- Torn ACL

I watched the play he got hurt and just didn't see the typical lateral bend normally associated with the injury...

Was really hopeful but... Our effing football karma is garbage!

I also tried to research if this is the same knee he blew out in HS -- but no indication of L or R.

Don't know if that will impact recovery one way or another but I was thinking 1 repaired knee is better than 2???
It was the left knee.

I put this on the coaching staff. This guy was the future at the WR spot and now we have yet another hole to fill because we had him returning kicks.

Hope we learn from this **** and stop putting unexpendable players in risky positions.

If you have Julio Jones or Saquon Barkley you dont make him return kicks. Now we may never know what we could have had in Preston Williams. Hope you guys love Devante Parker.

You just compared an UDFA in Preston Williams to Saquon Barkley and Julio Jones to make a reaching argument against our coaching staff over a freak injury.

Just let that sink in....

Hope he can recover. Absolutely enjoyed watching him develop on the field and thought he looked very good out there.

Well I hope this ends his punt returning days...never have understood the concept of putting a special receiver at punt returner....unless of course they are a special returner...which Williams wasn’t!
If I remember correct, Mark Clayton returned punts early in his Miami career.

You just compared an UDFA in Preston Williams to Saquon Barkley and Julio Jones to make a reaching argument against our coaching staff over a freak injury.

Just let that sink in....

Hope he can recover. Absolutely enjoyed watching him develop on the field and thought he looked very good out there.

Preston Williams is not Julio Jones or Saquon Barkley but he is obviously our best offensive player. His draft position no longer matters as he should be treated as one ofnour best players because he is.

If we were to follow your line of logic, if we were to find the next Russell Wilson or Tom Brady as a 7th rounder, we should leave him in games that are far out of reach and risk him getting injured because he was just drafted in the 7th round. That is called having a lack of foresight and not being able to assess what you have adequately.

I wouldn't be surprised of it's not as bad as people think and they are just shutting him down like X.

It's honestly ridiculous! P. Williams is an undrafted FA signing who played what..7 games up to that point?
Where did he get this clout that he's a great one? Some precious Jewel? The Golden Child?

When did he become more than Dion Sanders or Julian Edelman or the other players that have been starters and proven commodities for their teams for years and STILL did special teams.

It's FB like you said and players get hurt.

The team felt he was their best option and he's a FB player so guess what?

He plays and hopefully doesn't get hurt...

The notion of trying to wrap an UDFA in bubble wrap is pathetic and makes for a weak, pathetic team, and culture.
That’s a good point, and changes my perspective

Hopefully he works on his upper body in the offseason

It seems thst he and Parker have become buddies, hopefully Parker guides him that rough his rehab and works out with him.. it’s obvious Devante has been working on his body and strength.

Coaches like to challenge players who have issues with drops by making them return kicks. It makes them really focus on the act of catching a ball with a lot of pressure added.

When a guy is having a break out performance, you get the ball into his hands as much as possible.

There is no flaw in the logic, on either account.

Hopefully he works on his upper body in the offseason

It seems thst he and Parker have become buddies, hopefully Parker guides him that rough his rehab and works out with him.. it’s obvious Devante has been working on his body and strength.

Parker needs to keep it up and finish the season strong. He's still young enough to be a part of whats going to happen in the future around these parts.

Williams and Parker are the prototypes for outside WR's. We just need to find a better vertical threat than Grant. I think we could find that in the 4th or 5th round this year. I don't envision a day 1 or day 2 pick going to WR.

He’s done. Probably lost his burst and will never catch back up when the new talent comes in next year

Back
Top Bottom