Dolphins lose Preston Williams -- Torn ACL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins lose Preston Williams -- Torn ACL

Really sucks, feel for the kid. Still at least he (and we) now know he's Def good enough to have a career in the NFL. Tough few months for him but hopefully he comes back stronger

He's not going to lose his size, agility and body control. It's 2019, it's just not the injury it used to be. It will be a blip.

Let's give it up for Doctors, Scientists and Nurses etc for all that they do, which I never could.

He's not going to lose his size, agility and body control. It's 2019, it's just not the injury it used to be. It will be a blip.

Let's give it up for Doctors, Scientists and Nurses etc for all that they do, which I never could.

Lets not rush him back either.

Parker needs to keep it up and finish the season strong. He's still young enough to be a part of whats going to happen in the future around these parts.

Williams and Parker are the prototypes for outside WR's. We just need to find a better vertical threat than Grant. I think we could find that in the 4th or 5th round this year. I don't envision a day 1 or day 2 pick going to WR.

Grant has been disappointing.. I was in favor of signing him..I don’t understand what’s going on..

Grant has been disappointing.. I was in favor of signing him..I don’t understand what’s going on..

His catch radius is brutal so unless he's wide open it's hard to get the ball in his hands. At times even when wide open, he's dropped them so there is that...

I like the kid, as a 5th WR he offers a great dimension with his speed. Most backups are just JAGs. Grant has at least 1 elite trait.

You just can't rely on him to be a steady part of the offense. He needs to be forgotten, to be effective. A creative play caller can find uses for his talents and not make it obvious he's going to run a bubble screen.

That said, we need an absolute vertical threat. 5'11-6'1"ish. I'm thinking after the 3rd though.

His catch radius is brutal so unless he's wide open it's hard to get the ball in his hands. At times even when wide open, he's dropped them so there is that...

I like the kid, as a 5th WR he offers a great dimension with his speed. Most backups are just JAGs. Grant has at least 1 elite trait.

You just can't rely on him to be a steady part of the offense. He needs to be forgotten, to be effective. A creative play caller can find uses for his talents and not make it obvious he's going to run a bubble screen.

That said, we need an absolute vertical threat. 5'11-6'1"ish. I'm thinking after the 3rd though.
I know about the average hands, But I saw improvement over his first couple years, I think to mitigate his weakness O’Shea should take a page from the bears offense and how they use Tarik Cohen, use him out of the backfield, and as the outlet check down for the qb.. and then get him back into the offense as his confidence grows again.

Pretty bizarre stuff! Looks kinda brutal and no clue how they can do this so precisely!

I know about the average hands, But I saw improvement over his first couple years, I think to mitigate his weakness O’Shea should take a page from the bears offense and how they use Tarik Cohen, use him out of the backfield, and as the outlet check down for the qb.. and then get him back into the offense as his confidence grows again.

I hear ya and while I was typing my previous I was thinking along those same lines.

However.

It got me thinking that it would make some sense if we kept the offense really vanilla for the entire season and waited until 2020 to unveil the creative touches.

When your OL is an obvious weak point, it changes the whole dynamic of play calling.

We've come along way since the first two weeks of the season where you cringed on basically every snap.

Not sure how they plan to attack moving forward.

I hear ya and while I was typing my previous I was thinking along those same lines.

However.

It got me thinking that it would make some sense if we kept the offense really vanilla for the entire season and waited until 2020 to unveil the creative touches.

When your OL is an obvious weak point, it changes the whole dynamic of play calling.

We've come along way since the first two weeks of the season where you cringed on basically every snap.

Not sure how they plan to attack moving forward.

Let’s see, jakeem actually had a pulse in the last game, I just don’t know why he can’t run all the crossers and come off picks like the pats do..

Ofcourse we did.

I swear to Christ we are cursed. That's not hyperbole IMO.

The brightest light, the biggest up-commence- gone.

WTF man. Who do I have to blow to get some decent karma around here?

Last edited:
Let’s see, jakeem actually had a pulse in the last game, I just don’t know why he can’t run all the crossers and come off picks like the pats do..

Maybe we can run some plays where Jakeem is sitting on Gesicki's shoulders and Mike actually propels him over the DB's into a running start down the field.

The confusion will probably leave Grant open down the field and Gesicki open in the flat.

Or maybe a piggy back situation where you throw a back shoulder pass to Grant while he's on Gesicki's back.

The plays would likely work, then get called back for alignment or procedure penalties.

I love easy days at work where I can type up nonsense like this.

Back
Top Bottom