Dolphins Lost #21 Pick Revisited | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Lost #21 Pick Revisited

First, we got Chubb. Who Fangio will have in the DPOTY conversation.

Second, I just don't give a **** about what anyone wants to whine about that's outside our control. That ship sailed and the pick is gone. Yeah, it sucks but if that's the top ranked stone in people's shoes in their life they need to get a toehold on Mt. Reality.

At the top of the thread there is a "edit thread" button on the right. You can delete it
Really? C'Mon Man, this forum has bitched, moaned and complained about any and every thing possible to do so with this team.

You CANNOT need for me to count the ways. lol

Really? C'Mon Man, this forum has bitched, moaned and complained about any and every thing possible to do so with this team.

You CANNOT need for me to count the ways. lol
I just don't see the point in sad sack threads where the topic of discussion is negative, has already happened, and won't change.

Righteous, one last opportunity for folks to vent here.

Op of course you will trigger some because it just reminds them of the traumatic loss while others will find this cathartic and healing. Either way, I see the value in this thread and the relevancy given today would have been the 1st pick.

Dang it would have nice to have that 21st pick... I'm not going to crucify Ross for trying to acquire the Goat but the way he went about it was clearly sloppy or he wouldn't have got caught. I thought Beal was to blame for this too?

Last edited:
The NFL stole a pick for hearsay and gossip and to appease Flores.

Darren Waller publicly stated that the Raiders told him they were going to get Tom Brady. Brady was under contract at the time and thus this would be tampering.

This is pretty much accurate. Now it might have happened but it was to appease Flores. Dolphins wanted this losing game stuff on purpose to go away so they didn't fight it. But tampering happens a lot

I get excited for the NFL draft and was getting excited again this year having two picks. Chubb became one and I love that still and the second pick being lost is still a very sour one to think about. I will say, I hadn't thought about it until reading this thread and rehashing an old wound. With that said, I chose to read this, perhaps for a cathartic effect like @AquaBlissed888 mentioned.

Now I will be a little more interested in the mid round picks but in the end I believe the Dolphins are on a course that will excite us all next season. Hopefully bringing a close to these kinds of pains that divide us.

As fans, we should hold Ross and Beal accountable for losing picks. The argument that every team violates tampering rules, so it was unfair the NFL punished the Dolphins is factually inaccurate. The NFL punished the Dolphins because Ross and Beal blatantly broke the rules numerous times and left clear evidence. The team didn’t even try to appeal the decision because they had no chance of winning.

That being said, I don’t think it is unfair to debate what could have been. It would have been huge for the team to have the 21st pick. At the very least we could have added a starting Lineman on either side of the ball or potentially Robinson or Mayer.

Back
Top Bottom