Dolphins’ Low-profile Pass Rush, Somewhat Surprisingly, Shows Some Potential

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
"
Quietly, the Dolphins mounted a respectable pass rush against Atlanta.

It’s a significant development because after quarterback there’s no position so crucial and so doubted.

It also should be noted Miami’s pass rush had success with its starters, most notably Carradine but also defensive end Charles Harris, against the Falcons’ starters.

That’s unlike the headline-grabbing exploits of reserve quarterback Josh Rosen and reserve wide receiver Preston Williams, who did their thing against Atlanta’s reserves."

"
“I thought I was disruptive in the pass game,” Carradine said. “I thought all of us on the D-line were disruptive in the pass game.”

He’s right. Miami had 4.0 sacks and seven quarterback hits but the pass rushers got no love.

Perhaps that’s because the biggest damage was done by reserve pass rushers (3.0 sacks, six quarterback hits)."

https://theathletic.com/1132913/2019/08/12/dolphins-low-profile-pass-rush-somewhat-surprisingly-shows-some-potential/?redirected=1

Kingdom Come

Second String
Reaction score
Opening day is going to be an awful rude awakening for those who are wearing those rose colored glasses.

This defense looks extremely vulnerable to the QB run. Games against teams like the Ravens and the Bills could get ugly.

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Opening day is going to be an awful rude awakening for those who are wearing those rose colored glasses.

This defense looks extremely vulnerable to the QB run. Games against teams like the Ravens and the Bills could get ugly.
I’m a lot more worried about the O-line than the defense at this point.

fininpsl

Starter
Reaction score
Remember when Robert Quinn had a great preseason for us last year? I have a hard time getting excited about the little bit of push we got from our starters last Thursday against the Falcons. I do think Carradine will be competent if he can stay healthy though. Hopefully Harris can give us the same.

fansinceGWilson

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
"
Quietly, the Dolphins mounted a respectable pass rush against Atlanta.

It’s a significant development because after quarterback there’s no position so crucial and so doubted.

It also should be noted Miami’s pass rush had success with its starters, most notably Carradine but also defensive end Charles Harris, against the Falcons’ starters.

That’s unlike the headline-grabbing exploits of reserve quarterback Josh Rosen and reserve wide receiver Preston Williams, who did their thing against Atlanta’s reserves."

"
“I thought I was disruptive in the pass game,” Carradine said. “I thought all of us on the D-line were disruptive in the pass game.”

He’s right. Miami had 4.0 sacks and seven quarterback hits but the pass rushers got no love.

Perhaps that’s because the biggest damage was done by reserve pass rushers (3.0 sacks, six quarterback hits)."

https://theathletic.com/1132913/2019/08/12/dolphins-low-profile-pass-rush-somewhat-surprisingly-shows-some-potential/?redirected=1
The writer seems to say mutually exclusive things.
1) "Miami’s pass rush had success with its starters" but follows that with
2) "Miami had 4.0 sacks and seven quarterback hits . . . reserve pass rushers (3.0 sacks, six quarterback hits)"
So the starters had 1 sack and one QB hit. I realize the starters didn't play the entire game, but 1 sack, 1 hit?

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

So basically the coaches will not implement a "Game plan" against the Ravens and will probably have a LB or even a S spying on Jackson????

jnozag

Active Roster
Reaction score
Did we watch the same game? Pretty horrific on those first 2 defensive series...

coalesce

Dolphin Fan since 1974
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
It’s. One. Game.

If there’s no pass rush after one month of the season, then it’s time to get concerned. Right now, it’s all about figuring out what we have and how best to use it. Even Doug Betters and Bill Stanfill needed time to grow.

circumstances

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Charles Harris will have 6.5 sacks or more! (If he stays healthy)

Top Bottom