Dolphins may select Edwards at 2 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins may select Edwards at 2

finjim said:
one question, when teams played the Vikings for the last few years who were they more worried about, the RBs or Randy Moss ? Edwards will do that to teams.

Thanks.

So you're in favor of taking Edwards in the area of the draft Moss went in, right? I mean, you are making an analogy so it's only appropriate to think that part holds...

Again I'll state......IF WE DRAFT EDWARDS OVER MIKE WILLIAMS I WILL BEAT MY FACE IN WITH A T-BALL BAT.

KB21 said:
So, you think it is easier to find a LaDainian Tomlinson than it is to find a Terrell Owens? Tomlinson was drafted in the top 5. Owens was a third round pick.

That's just one example backing up what you're trying to prove. I could go on about how Denver rolls out 1000 yd rusher year after year which are all taken after the 2nd round or the fact that Priest Holmes was what? a 6th round pick? So yes, it's easier to find a LT than a TO.

Martel said:
Again I'll state......IF WE DRAFT EDWARDS OVER MIKE WILLIAMS I WILL BEAT MY FACE IN WITH A T-BALL BAT.

Would you record the event so you can post it after it happens?

KyPhinfan13 said:
That's just one example backing up what you're trying to prove. I could go on about how Denver rolls out 1000 yd rusher year after year which are all taken after the 2nd round or the fact that Priest Holmes was what? a 6th round pick? So yes, it's easier to find a LT than a TO.

Did I miss something, or are we now Denver? :rolleyes2

I guess CBs are worthless because we do well there...

Jimmy James said:
So you're in favor of taking Edwards in the area of the draft Moss went in, right? I mean, you are making an analogy so it's only appropriate to think that part holds...

There aren't any questions about Braylon's character like there were with Moss. Do you think Moss was worthy of being the 2nd overall pick in his draft?

No, I don't think Moss was worthy of being #2 in 1998. I think it is a truly rare situation where a WR is a good top 5 pick. This may be such a circumstance, but I rather doubt it was in 1998, particularly given the character concerns that followed Moss.

What you're not mentioning that Edwards *does* have is the trail of failed Michigan WRs (may physical standouts like he is) who came before him. That scares me, and nobody has explained to my satisfaction why it's impossible that he'll continue that trend (and I doubt anybody can).

Jimmy James said:
No, I don't think Moss was worthy of being #2 in 1998. I think it is a truly rare situation where a WR is a good top 5 pick. This may be such a circumstance, but I rather doubt it was in 1998, particularly given the character concerns that followed Moss.

What you're not mentioning that Edwards *does* have is the trail of failed Michigan WRs (may physical standouts like he is) who came before him. That scares me, and nobody has explained to my satisfaction why it's impossible that he'll continue that trend (and I doubt anybody can).

You doubting his ability to succeed in the NFL on the sheer fact that he's a Michigan WR is absurd. WTF does that have to do with anything? If he can play he can play. It's not like he faced horrible talent or somethin where the school thing comes into play a la Cedric Benson. He showed up to big games, played at a high level, has all the tools, and wants to be the best. I guess from now on, any receiver to come out of Marshall should be regarded as a surefire deep threat. :confused:

DoLpHiNz34 said:
You doubting his ability to succeed in the NFL on the sheer fact that he's a Michigan WR is absurd. WTF does that have to do with anything? If he can play he can play. It's not like he faced horrible talent or somethin where the school thing comes into play a la Cedric Benson. He showed up to big games, played at a high level, has all the tools, and wants to be the best. I guess from now on, any receiver to come out of Marshall should be regarded as a surefire deep threat. :confused:

If Marshall put out 5 guys like Moss, you're absolutely right that I'm going to be looking to Marshall. Michigan has put out a bunch of crap at WR (on the level of Florida bad), and it influences my perception of the program. When you COMBINE that with the FACT that top 5 WRs are very rarely the breakout WR stars (look where Harrison, Moss, Owens, Rice, and on and on and ON were drafted), and you're darned right I'm wary.

I see the logic and I would really like it if we select a WR. But why settle for the second best available reciever just because minny wants him.

Just lobbing for MW

Jimmy James said:
If Marshall put out 5 guys like Moss, you're absolutely right that I'm going to be looking to Marshall. Michigan has put out a bunch of crap at WR (on the level of Florida bad), and it influences my perception of the program. When you COMBINE that with the FACT that top 5 WRs are very rarely the breakout WR stars (look where Harrison, Moss, Owens, Rice, and on and on and ON were drafted), and you're darned right I'm wary.

How many guys have bombed that are from Michigan?

David Terrell had questions over his work ethic leading up to the draft. Character issues, in other words.

This is not the case with Braylon. He's one of the most competitive guys to come out of that program in a long time and works his *** off.

Braylon does not equal Terrell.

I think he'll be very good with the potential to be elite.

All of these guys are top 2 round Wolverines:

David Terrell
Tai Streets
Amani Toomer (the success story in the bunch, which is friggin scary)
Derrick Alexander
Desmond Howard
Ralph "don't call me Mark OR good" Clayton
Glenn Doughty

Do you guys think we might draft Edwards in hopes of trading him to Minnesota? I would think if we actually went out and drafted him then the vikings would be more apt to making a deal. I can see us drafting him at #2 and then dealing him for the Vikes two #1's and a 3 or 4.

Jimmy James said:
All of these guys are top 2 round Wolverines:

David Terrell
Tai Streets
Amani Toomer (the success story in the bunch, which is friggin scary)
Derrick Alexander
Desmond Howard
Ralph "don't call me Mark OR good" Clayton
Glenn Doughty

I can see why the list scares you but that really shouldn't play into your judgement of Braylon. How far back did you go?

Back
Top Bottom