Dolphins may select Edwards at 2 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins may select Edwards at 2

KB21 said:
Logic doesn't follow that view either. Picking a player with the intent of trading him is a mistake. If we can't get value for the pick in a trade, what makes you think we will get value for the player we take with that pick. It's this simple. Minnesota either gives the Dolphins both first round picks and a mid round pick, or they can watch Cleveland take Braylon Edwards with the third pick. If Washington wants Edwards, then they can give us their two first round picks, a mid round pick, and a late round pick. If not, then they can kiss Edwards good bye.

Miami will simply take the player they have their eye on anyway, and that player is Ronnie Brown.

Keep dreaming guru.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Tell TO and Randy Moss they can't affect a game the way a RB does. After that, go and tell Jerry Rice the same thing.

Tell them instead of Culpepper and McNabb throwing to them, it will be Feeley, and see what they think! Oh and Rice only had Montana and Young throwing to him!

Does anyone think that Michigan WR's might carry the same enigma that Penn State RB's have?
Penn State Backs:
Blair Thomas
Tyrone Wheatly
Ki-Jana Carter
Curtis Enis, etc.

Michigan WR:
Desmond Howard
David Terrel
Braylon Edwards?

FinzCrazy said:
Does anyone think that Michigan WR's might carry the same enigma that Penn State RB's have?
Penn State Backs:
Blair Thomas
Tyrone Wheatly
Ki-Jana Carter
Curtis Enis, etc.

Michigan WR:
Desmond Howard
David Terrel
Braylon Edwards?

The success story of recent Michigan WR is Amani Toomer. That's what scares me more than the busts do.

KB21 said:
Thank God Nick Saban is our GM, because he won't accept such a putrid trade as Patrick Surtain for a 3rd round pick -- equating Surtain to the level of Duane Starks.

So we keep him, not be able to sign any other player because we are against the cap and lose him in FA next year because he wants a big deal and we have to much money invested in other CB's. GreenMonster

GreenMonster said:
So we keep him, not be able to sign any other player because we are against the cap and lose him in FA next year because he wants a big deal and we have to much money invested in other CB's. GreenMonster

It's better than not getting value for him, and he will be franchised next year, so if we lose him, it won't be for nothing.

@@@@@ said:
Couldn't agree more
Because people this draft is DEEP with RB's. The so-called "Big three" are not that much better than the backs that will be available in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. Please people we need to do our homework here. A #2 pick is extremely valuable regardless of what the media is saying about this draft. A running back at the #2 spot is a wasted opportunity...plain and simple.

KB21 said:
Sorry, but wide receiver is the dime a dozen position in this instance. There is no way on this earth that a wide receiver has more value than a running back. Wide receivers simply do not impact the game the way running backs do.

If we are just going to sit here and take a player based on the idea that his position doesn't derserve to go that high, then we should just take whichever quarterback drops to that spot. Because in that case, there isn't a position on the field that has more value than the quarterback position.

Top-tier WR's are harder to come by than Top-tier RB's. Top-tier QB's are the hardest to find. I like Alex Smith as much as the next guy, but I don't think he's worth drafting that high.

Just so you know, we will not draft a RB at #2. I would put my paycheck on it.

We are not looking to shop Surtain because we don't like him or think he is washed up that fact of the matter is we need the cash do solve other problems on this team. If we had a good chance of the Superbowl in the next 2 years we would not be having this discussion because Wayne would have put up the cash to keep him. GreenMonster

GreenMonster said:

If we lose Surtain to FA and he signs a huge deal, that could mean a sweet compensatory pick for him. I would far rather get a third two years from now and have Surtain this year than lose him for squat.

Anyway, I think the Ricky Williams situation should stand for the premise that you can't always look ahead like you're doing. What if Sam blows out his knee so badly he has to retire? Suddenly, there is room on the boat for Patrick. We don't really need to sign anybody else other than rookies and rookie FAs, and we can get that done while keeping Pat around.

KB21 said:
It's better than not getting value for him, and he will be franchised next year, so if we lose him, it won't be for nothing.

Exactly

KB21 said:

Is the CB market gonna be better next year for a 30 year old injury prone corner? He is losing value every year. GreenMonster

I don't see much value in having an high priced corner on a team coming off a 4-12 season in a tough division, when we have other corners. GreenMonster

JJT said:
Because people this draft is DEEP with RB's. The so-called "Big three" are not that much better than the backs that will be available in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. Please people we need to do our homework here. A #2 pick is extremely valuable regardless of what the media is saying about this draft. A running back at the #2 spot is a wasted opportunity...plain and simple.

Just like Marshall Faulk was a wasted pick at the 2nd pick. And Eric Dickerson was a wasted pick.

I doubt anyone ponies up much for Surtain next year. He'll be pushing 30.

If he doesn't get traded this offseason, we should just try and find a way to keep him in a more cap friendly fashion.

We're not getting any decent draft picks for him next year in a franchise tag scenario.

Back
Top Bottom