*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Mar 19, 2013.

?

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

1. Like It

204 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Dislike It

236 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Indifferent

105 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

If you saw it you'd understand. It doesn't look as good. It's not just coral trim, it's actually the number surrounded by a small navy (or black) trim and then the (also small) coraltrim, not just the classic wide coral trim. It looks just kind of bizarre, honestly, like pinstriping. The "actual" version holds less to history, I suppose, but it looks better in and of itself.

2. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Thoughts and prayers to your and your family. Hope everything goes well for you. Good luck, bro. :brewskis:

3. dolphans1

dolphans1 Banned Hammered

I hate to interrupt this thread, but who are these girls...?

d-1

4. chrisjp

chrisjp FINS

Dark Shadow Logo ?

My favorite Dolphins logo is the logo by dark shadow. I would love the new logo made like the old logo. Can anyone get this done.

Or dark shadow are you out here ? View attachment 10404 View attachment 10404

5. Finman1022

Finman1022 Well-Known Member

Please stop...the new logo sucks balls. Nothing anyone can do do to improve that SH*T!!!!

6. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Dark Shadow Logo ?

This games over. Move on or move out.

7. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

i think the logo is an upgrade from the last.. but can still be better. the direction they took the dolphins is definitely a positive, and the color enhancement too. i think they just positioned the dolphin awkwardly

8. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Yes, I feel the same way. Hotel caliber logo was one of my first thoughts upon the initial leak many months ago.

There's no reason to care about that dolphin. That's what I keep going back to. It's swimming away and doesn't acknowledge us at all. Nothing striking about it. The people who support it primarily do so in comparison to their opinion of the old logo, not on the merits of this one. Notice there hasn't been any suggestion of a nickname for the new dolphin. That would have been automatic and immediate if they had given us a distinct popular new dolphin. I can almost guarantee the Ellerbe logo, or something along those lines, would have inspired a nickname.

BTW, I saw an article today suggesting that Sea World may have played a role in the logo, and softening the image. The Dolphins quietly entered a marketing agreement with Sea World last year. So the idea of a fierce logo apparently was a non starter.

More than anything, best wishes and outcome to PASQUALE, one of the most impressive posters on this site.

9. MexDolfan

MexDolfan Seasoned Veteran

I would suggest calling it "Air-Dolphin" as it arrives in times team added a bunch of receivers in order to implement a powerful air-attack.

10. PASQUALE

PASQUALE Seasoned Veteran

First all I want to thank all of you for support that's family even though I may never know who you are or ever see you, I if feel it in my heart and soul because we are all MIAMI DOLPHINS fan who bleed AQUA, ORANGE, DARK NAVE BLUE AND WHITE. Now, I am going to post my version of the uniform which I think we will see on the 25th. I am working on them now. Give me a good hour I want to be prefect. Arrivederci. See you in few.

11. RebelFin

RebelFin Active Member

Shamu-ee!!! The Whaley Dolphin!
    Good grief. Time to start petitioning for a new new logo for five years from now.
    Maybe they can do like Ole Miss does with their black bear mascot. You hear about it but rarely see it!

12. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

TheWalrus just contacted me and we decided something. Check your messages, Pasquale. Youve got some pictures to look at.

13. rkr8619

rkr8619 Well-Known Member

i saw much better deisgns by fans than the one they chose

14. Semedi

Semedi Pro Bowler

They need to go back to the design with more orange in it then. It may be too late for the logo, but the actual uniform design I have to think they can still adjust. You seem to have connections to people, spread the good word... our colors are aqua and orange, the uniform should reflect that.

15. PASQUALE

PASQUALE Seasoned Veteran

[​IMG] This is the logo facing left

[​IMG] This is logo facing right

Left looks strange. The sun looks bad. Right is better. Left not so much. Just my perspective.