Dolphins / NFL Games on the internet? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / NFL Games on the internet?

MarinoFAN13 said:
there was talk about streaming them over the internet like MLB for a cost. I think DirectTV has to much power on the live feeds. I heard that for the NFL to stream the games over the net they would have to actually have seperate cameras becasue it woud violate the deal they have with Direct.

The tail does not wag the dog.The NFL owns the product and while there may be some temporary delays due to contractual obligations the streaming will happen sooner or later.

There is a huge international market which has not been touched yet and the best way to distribute the NFL worldwide is through the internet.

I hope it happens this year because thats the only way I could see the games other than on a delayed basis loaded from the web but the season is fast approaching and there has been no news recently so I doubt it.

CrunchTime said:
The tail does not wag the dog.The NFL owns the product and while there may be some temporary delays due to contractual obligations the streaming will happen sooner or later.

There is a huge international market which has not been touched yet and the best way to distribute the NFL worldwide is through the internet.

I hope it happens this year because thats the only way I could see the games other than on a delayed basis loaded from the web but the season is fast approaching and there has been no news recently so I doubt it.

Absolutely agree Crunch....it will happen sooner or later....and like you, I will be among the first to sign up for NFL.TV when it happens.

I'm glad someone mentioned MLB.TV..

I'm not a huge baseball fan; actually far from it, but nothing makes me more jealous than this concept:

My buddy comes over ith his laptop and sets it up on the coffee table in front of us. While we're playing Madden or watching movies, he's using my wireless Internet to watch his beloved Mets play any time anywhere for $100+US. All 29384485.92 games. Hell. They even have a split screen mode now, where you can watch multiple games at once split-screened up to three or four.

It kills me that I can not get DirectTV in my apartment complex.

It kills me that I live in central Florida and can watch so few Dolphins games on regular cable.

It kills me that NFL Network (which I cannot get) is going to "steal" some regular and preseason games.

and finally.. It kills me that I, at the very least of convenience, cannot PAY to see the games live on my computer through the Internet.

Oh god that went long.. geesh.

Thanks, and long live Nick Saban. :p

-GG

Booftard said:

I'm not a huge baseball fan; actually far from it, but nothing makes me more jealous than this concept:

My buddy comes over ith his laptop and sets it up on the coffee table in front of us. While we're playing Madden or watching movies, he's using my wireless Internet to watch his beloved Mets play any time anywhere for $100+US. All 29384485.92 games. Hell. They even have a split screen mode now, where you can watch multiple games at once split-screened up to three or four.

It kills me that I live in central Florida and can watch so few Dolphins games on regular cable.

It kills me that NFL Network (which I cannot get) is going to "steal" some regular and preseason games.

and finally.. It kills me that I, at the very least of convenience, cannot PAY to see the games live on my computer through the Internet.

-GG
I feel your pain,bro.
The day will come when we can watch the games on internet.:D

Hey! Danish goon here :)

I've been tremendously happy with a combination of Streamtvnow.tv and ordering the DVDs from Pontel. Streamtv has most of the games and continue to increase coverage, and I'd definately get that. They also have college games and sports channels regularly, so if you're into football you get a lot more than just the Fins.

touborg said:
Hey! Danish goon here :)

I've been tremendously happy with a combination of Streamtvnow.tv and ordering the DVDs from Pontel. Streamtv has most of the games and continue to increase coverage, and I'd definately get that. They also have college games and sports channels regularly, so if you're into football you get a lot more than just the Fins.

Yeah, I second the support for StreamTVnow. I think I missed 1 game all last season. You vote for the games you want to watch so the more Phins fans who sign up the better the odds of watching the games live. For me in Australia, I actually see more games then when I lived in brevard county (no more Jacksonville forced down my mouth)....go figure....

Booftard said:

-GG
you mean 162 games for 49.95 ...its a great concept and i keep griping about when the NFL will get it....they will make a KILLING...and they didnt need to make such a big contract with DTV to monopolize the industry when they can make so much money streaming through internet and cut out the middle man

DolfanGermany said:
Yeah, I buy the good games from Pontel as well, but it's much more exciting to watch them live.

Do you believe that I wait to know the score of every dolphins game so that I can watch it in dvd with more satisfaction? what a pain, but its worth the effort

Anyway I cant believe that usa sports are so badly covered by tv in the usa

Dbergan said:
Yeah, I second the support for StreamTVnow. I think I missed 1 game all last season. You vote for the games you want to watch so the more Phins fans who sign up the better the odds of watching the games live. For me in Australia, I actually see more games then when I lived in brevard county (no more Jacksonville forced down my mouth)....go figure....

hey i signed up for stream tv now how does it work and where do i get the feeds for the games or tv or what not...i see its not expensive at all and i would pay double that if i could get at least 10 of the dolphin games this year

DolfanGermany said:
Yeah, I buy the good games from Pontel as well, but it's much more exciting to watch them live.
you guys are so lucky to beable to order from that web site!!! I'd give my right arm to have a complete season on DVD. damn it, why do i have to live in North America :(

Sirius Satellite Radio

dolfan germany you should check out sirius radio. pretty sure they broadcast everywhere, they broadcast all nfl games home and away. miami has great annoucners to.

also, theres this new thing out there where you hook it up to your dvr box and you have the prgrams you record sent to you other the internet. maybe theres a way to share those videos?

does anyone know why people in the US cant buy from pontel.com. I dont know about anyone else from the states but i think pontel could make a huge profit from the US market. I would purchase a dvd every week...compile one hell of a collection.

phinfanfrommd said:
does anyone know why people in the US cant buy from pontel.com. I dont know about anyone else from the states but i think pontel could make a huge profit from the US market. I would purchase a dvd every week...compile one hell of a collection.

There are rights issues involved.Besides you would not be able to see them on American TVs because they formatted in the European PAL standard as opposed to the American NTSC standard.

MarinoFAN13 said:
there was talk about streaming them over the internet like MLB for a cost. I think DirectTV has to much power on the live feeds. I heard that for the NFL to stream the games over the net they would have to actually have seperate cameras becasue it woud violate the deal they have with Direct.
yeah they should do it like mlb.

Back
Top Bottom