Dolphins / NFL Games on the internet? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / NFL Games on the internet?

CrunchTime said:
There are rights issues involved.Besides you would not be able to see them on American TVs because they formatted in the European PAL standard as opposed to the American NTSC standard.
Not if you buy a dvd player that is both PAL and NTSC region compatible. I download DVDs in PAL format and burn and watch them all the time

HottNiXx said:
Not if you buy a dvd player that is both PAL and NTSC region compatible. I download DVDs in PAL format and burn and watch them all the time

They are very unusual in the US Market.Not so in the European market.

PAL formatted DVDs can be watched on PCs however or can be converted with special programs.

I was told the xbox 360 could play both formats, but have yet to try myself

HottNiXx said:
you guys are so lucky to beable to order from that web site!!! I'd give my right arm to have a complete season on DVD. damn it, why do i have to live in North America :(

Don't be too worried about that, at least you can watch the games live on TV!:wink:
There's no Love for US Sports over here:boohoo:

CrunchTime said:
There are rights issues involved.Besides you would not be able to see them on American TVs because they formatted in the European PAL standard as opposed to the American NTSC standard.

couldn't you just download the codec and play it on your pc/laptop?

well i mean, what i did last year was have a chat room.

I live in CT so i get maybe a few games ayear.

Just make sure one person in the chat room has the game on tv.

Mr772 said:
couldn't you just download the codec and play it on your pc/laptop?

Its not that simple I am afraid.Codecs are necessary to make certain video players installed on your PC work correctly.

The PAL standard is built into European TVs and VCRs DVD players and electronic equipment.Its not compatible with American electronic equipment and vice versa although many European brands have both systems built in .

Without getting too technical there is a difference on how many lines there are and the frame rate that those lines are displayed.Also the color process is completely different.If you play a european PAL DVD on your american DVD player you will get a picture that will flick vertically and display no color.

PhinSoldia said:
hey i signed up for stream tv now how does it work and where do i get the feeds for the games or tv or what not...i see its not expensive at all and i would pay double that if i could get at least 10 of the dolphin games this year

Make sure that you have a valid username and password and can access the site. You will notice that there are several channels (like forum threads) with different broadcasts on it. You will need to download Winamp and ensure it's configured properly for the stream. There are several great help threads on the site so configuration should be a breeze. You can see what is be planned for each channel by goinbg to the schedule. Just make sure that everything works OK...BEFORE football season (G).

During the season, streamtv will broadcast those games which the memenbers want to see. So....you are competing w/ every other fan out there. If they get enough requests for Fins games they will stream them. Last year was just great....

Hope this helps. Play around on the site and watch ESPN and other streams....practice now before the season starts.

@ DolfanGermany

Since NASN Europe is airing on Sat and Cable this season, there should be no problems to get at least these games. As far as I know they are showing 4 live games + 2 reruns on Monday which makes a total of 6 games per week. They are also broadcasting MLB, NHL, College Football and other stuff.

As mentioned before, you could also use streamtv. It costs 3€ per month and they show almost every game. But you need a good I-Net connection to use it. I'm surfing on DSL-Light and I can't watch most of it.

Hope I could help another german FinFan :tongue:

bye
Eliot

Eliot said:
@ DolfanGermany

Since NASN Europe is airing on Sat and Cable this season, there should be no problems to get at least these games. As far as I know they are showing 4 live games + 2 reruns on Monday which makes a total of 6 games per week. They are also broadcasting MLB, NHL, College Football and other stuff.

As mentioned before, you could also use streamtv. It costs 3€ per month and they show almost every game. But you need a good I-Net connection to use it. I'm surfing on DSL-Light and I can't watch most of it.

Hope I could help another german FinFan :tongue:

bye
Eliot

The problem with NASN is I don't have cabel TV. But thanks for the help.

Eliot said:
@ DolfanGermany

Eliot

Good point. You need a fast connection if you want to use streamTV. I have an aDSL connection (1.5M down) and it plays OK...but my wife is hooked up wirelessly and I cant keep the stream up on her computer. If you have cable (and are located in the states..even better) you should have no problem.

DolfanGermany said:
The problem with NASN is I don't have cabel TV. But thanks for the help.
They will be broadcasting over Sat (Astra 19.2) starting next month. Go to www.arena.tv. Just klick on "Satellit" and fill out the requested fields. You can get Information and order right there.

bye
Eliot

[mod] Your first post was deleted. Don't make another one. If you have a complaint, use the proper forum. [/mod]

Help from European Fin Fans

First off sorry if this is the wrong place, but I am not sure which forum this request belongs in. I haven't posted in a long time but I read here all the time and am impressed by the size of the European following. Anyways, on to my request. I am moving to Paris for an internship in the middle of August and am concerned about missing out on the Fins. I thought I read something on here awhile back about someone who paid to have the games taped and mailed to them. Is that still possible, and if not, is there any other way to get games over there. If anyone is from Paris, is it possible to find a sports bar that plays NFL games? Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated, and again, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Matt

EDIT: Looks like I have never posted, oops!!

Back
Top Bottom