Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
Can't be too upset. He wanted to trade down from 11 they didn't, he wanted to trade down again in later rounds they didn't.

No one fired for not listening to their owner?

This is a very bizarre story. Supposedly Ross doesn't know squat about football and how much money do you really save by trading down in the 1st round? Seems like chump change to him. His interference at this point, of all times, is very odd to me.

Maybe Minkah just wasn't splashy enough for him?

This is a very bizarre story. Supposedly Ross doesn't know squat about football and how much money do you really save by trading down in the 1st round? Seems like chump change to him. His interference at this point, of all times, is very odd to me.

Maybe Minkah just wasn't splashy enough for him?
I think this smells like Lamar Jackson to me. I think Ross wanted to trade back and take Jackson. There is your flashy. It had nothing to do with money.

Sounds like the Big Eared One wanted to trade down and take Lamar Jackson.

Well since Ross doesn’t know about football scouting and was smiling ear to ear when we spent $100M on a DT, I would say this is good news.

He wanted splash players, as said above. He bought in on Miami’s QB smokescreens, since he was probably in NYC the whole time, lol.

I think this smells like Lamar Jackson to me. I think Ross wanted to trade back and take Jackson. There is your flashy. It had nothing to do with money.

That sounds about right. Collect a few picks while you're at it, too...can address the FS position with Reid or someone like it further down too.

Personally I was disappointed that we passed on James and Goedert so I don't blame him for not being 100% sold. Though its a good thing in the end he didn't overrule the football people like some owners would. Whilst they have shown incompetence on many occasions, while they are in the role they shouldn't be overruled.

On the other hand... if this shows he is starting to lose faith in the front office and we could get a new one? well... the future may be bright afterall

Ross has always loved the splash signings, it's what owning the team is about for him. Yes he wants to win but loves those signings. A safety and te are not splashy.

large.jpg

Personally I was disappointed that we passed on James and Goedert so I don't blame him for not being 100% sold. Though its a good thing in the end he didn't overrule the football people like some owners would. Whilst they have shown incompetence on many occasions, while they are in the role they shouldn't be overruled.

On the other hand... if this shows he is starting to lose faith in the front office and we could get a new one? well... the future may be bright afterall

Losing faith in the FO because he wanted a qb? No.

I think once Ross sees Minkah on the field and Mike G he’s going to be happy. They were the 2 best at their positions in the entire draft.

Miami hit a homerun.

Brian Xanders...that's who I'd bring in.

Keep Gase though.

Brian Xanders...that's who I'd bring in.

Keep Gase though.

Im extremely interested to see how Gaine does with the Texans. He should have been given the Dolphins job years ago instead of Hickey. Tough first year with no first or second round pick though

Back
Top Bottom