Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks

I don't buy it. Too many people take any random bundle of words as fact and assume it's valid. Save money? When has Ross ever worried about doing that? Has he ever once? nope
Yes, I am not buying it either. Ross usually doesn't get involved in personnel decisions. Why would he all of a sudden step in and ask the front office to trade down? Do we really believe that he wanted to save a little money and miss out on a potential elite player? Do we really believe that Ross had such a conviction about the team acquiring a few more draft picks or about one player? I don't trust the word of Ben Volin and Armando Salguero was too lazy to write something of his own so he just copied what Volin wrote. Sounds like click bait on the part of Volin and lazy journalism on the part of Salguero.

Well since Ross doesn’t know about football scouting and was smiling ear to ear when we spent $100M on a DT, I would say this is good news.

He wanted splash players, as said above. He bought in on Miami’s QB smokescreens, since he was probably in NYC the whole time, lol.
Losing Suh is going to be the demise of the defense this season. Absolutely no reason to get rid of him this year.

Good thing no one gives a **** what Ross thinks and didn't control the draft. In Gase I will trust.

This is a very bizarre story. Supposedly Ross doesn't know squat about football and how much money do you really save by trading down in the 1st round? Seems like chump change to him. His interference at this point, of all times, is very odd to me.

Maybe Minkah just wasn't splashy enough for him?

Maybe its less about the money coming out of his pocket and more about freeing up cap space. In other words it could signal he's transitioning from being just a passive bystander type owner to actively making football related decisions.

Bizarre. Almost has the makings of some kind of weird win-win PR stunt. If Ross ends up being right he looks like a football-knowledgeable owner. And if he’s wrong he makes his football people (who get a lot of flack esp Tbum) look good.

It seems like weird timing given it feels like we’re turning the corner...

Or maybe he’s just bitter about losing his splash players.

Maybe Gase said my way or the highway, I can find another HC job hoss. Can you find another HC?...Call Harbaugh while I'm conducting training camp...oh wait.

I posted in vip that Ross has literally paid for the right to be skeptical and to reserve his judgement until these picks actually play some meaningful snaps. I’m with Ross on this one and all of you should be too.

I posted in vip that Ross has literally paid for the right to be skeptical and to reserve his judgement until these picks actually play some meaningful snaps. I’m with Ross on this one and all of you should be too.
Logical but is this the time to do it when your pick is on the board. Was this expressed to his football guys prior to the draft?

Timing just seems odd.

Still don't have the full story. Still not 100% sure that Ross wanted them to trade down. Did he want them to keep making calls to try to get a trade down deal or did they have one on the table and Ross told them that they should take it. Why exactly did Ross want them to trade down? He supposedly said that money would never get in the way when it comes to making the team better. So I doubt it was to save a small amount of money. Did he just want the team to have more picks? Did he want them to take a specific player? Did he not like the players they were going to take? This whole thing brings up more questions and pretty much no real answer. Has Ross become as jaded as the fans. I guess he has the right since he has is the owner and has a lot of money invested in the team. Has Ross been buying into the media hype that the Dolphins are this dumpster fire and the worst team in the league? If the team is successful in 2018 and Ross still has issues we will see if this has more to do with winning or more to do with Ross trying to save money.

Doesn't mean anything to me. Just an owner who knows nothing about football making a cheapo decision at the risk of top end talent. He doesn't even know what top end talent looks like.

No top Michigan prospects in the draft this year, so probably no one he really wanted.

Doesn't mean anything to me. Just an owner who knows nothing about football making a cheapo decision at the risk of top end talent. He doesn't even know what top end talent looks like.

No top Michigan prospects in the draft this year, so probably no one he really wanted.
I don’t think that’s a fair assumption at all. He’s the owner and it didn’t overrule his football people, he just played devils advocate. We should actually be happy he did this because now if it doesn’t work out he has some validation to his opposing views . As to the Michigan comment leave that for the depths.

ANY time Ross gets involved in football decisions it is bad for the Dolphins.

This is exactly why T-bomb was able to worm his way into this organization.

Not just the fact that this happened, but the fact that ANYONE who gets paid by Ross would dare squeal this to the press basically says it all.

Ross now will pressure the staff because they didn't follow his suggestion.

He is ruining the season before it even begins.

ANY time Ross gets involved in football decisions it is bad for the Dolphins.

This is exactly why T-bomb was able to worm his way into this organization.

Not just the fact that this happened, but the fact that ANYONE who gets paid by Ross would dare squeal this to the press basically says it all.

Ross now will pressure the staff because they didn't follow his suggestion.

He is ruining the season before it even begins.

So what are the decisions that Ross are not involved with called?

Back
Top Bottom