Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks

Well, the draft was rich in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. So, it would make some sense to find a trade down partner if the guy you wanted wasn't there any more or could be selected later.
But with M.Fitz still on the board, he was BPA and fills a need on the backend.

I think Ross wanted a QB. And if he did I think that means he isn't sold on Tannehill.

I think Steve Ross really likes Ryan Tannehill and really wants him to make a full recovery and continue on the path he was headed on.

But he absolutely should have concern with the position and absolutely should want to avoid the travesty last season where he had to pay $10 million to a guy who was already retired instead of having a young lightning rod with potential on the bench ready to be tried and tested.

It is a fair conversation to have on Ross' part.

I don’t think that’s a fair assumption at all. He’s the owner and it didn’t overrule his football people, he just played devils advocate. We should actually be happy he did this because now if it doesn’t work out he has some validation to his opposing views . As to the Michigan comment leave that for the depths.
Oh, no.... I don't have a problem with that part of it. I commend that as well. Just pointing out that I don't respect/trust his football brain at all to make any calls during the draft. It does seem like his priority was to save money.

The Clown doesnt know football...
PERIOD!!!

And with the exception of Jerry Jones, Jerry Richardson (not for much longer) and Mark Davis (?) none of the other owners know anything about football. Ross would do what we'd all do if we had the money to own an NFL team whether we knew that much about the sport or not. You get to be in the draft room, stay informed about what your team wants to do and get to give suggestions to the GM, maybe even yell in his ear if you want to. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much what every single person here does or imagines they do.

Oh, no.... I don't have a problem with that part of it. I commend that as well. Just pointing out that I don't respect/trust his football brain at all to make any calls during the draft.
well since he really didn’t make any calls I’d say they gave him good reasons for wanting the players they drafted.if anything I’d commend Ross for double checking that we aren’t drafting Jordan 2.0

Fake news.

I wish it were true though, gives a better chance we made the right pick since Ross is a football illiterate.

What a stupid article. First of all like someone else said we aren't getting the full story here and at the end of it them questioning why fans should be fired up about the picks is just idiotic. First of all we have our own opinions, and I don't think many of us actually believe that Ross knows more about football, or player evaluation, or hell even what's good for the team than any other casual fan. He certainly hasn't shown that he does.

As I posted in VIP:

He may have thought since he is writing the checks that have more draft picks might increase the chances of success. I am not mad at him but I can definitely understand his concern of not getting the best return on his investment. This is one the reasons I thought this draft had a lot of internal pressure with it to have a very successful one.

After all this, I have no idea exactly what Ross said or what he wanted the team to do. What I do get is that this is just another negative article about the team written by the same guy who has been writing negative articles all off-season. I know the team has been bad for a long time. I don't need someone to try to slant everything the team does into something negative. Armando Salguero is no better than any of the posters here who constantly post negative comments. Only difference is sadly some idiots pay him to write his garbage. While not everything with this team is sunshine and rainbows, I don't believe the team is the complete disaster Armando and most of the other media want to make them out to be. Hopefully most of the moves the Dolphins have made this off-season work out and they have a successful season. Would be great for them to make Armando look like a fool and shove all the negative nonsense he has been vomiting out there right back down his throat.

I am strongly of the opinion that Ross will be much happier with the results once Minkah Fitzpatrick starts playing center field and directing traffic. Having a top notch Free Safety just allows so much versatility to a defense.

Considering 50% of the article was instantly dis-proven about the money aspect, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. So he preferred to trade down and we didn't. I'm glad about 2 aspects of that:

1) Our football minds didn't listen to the owner and stuck to their guns
2) Sounds like some doubt about Tannenbum's ability or lack there of has creeped into Ross, and maybe hes on a shorter leash than i thought

Back
Top Bottom