*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

Takeaways from me are:

• Why do we have so many people wanting to jump off a bridge everytime Tua makes the slightest mistake. The Int was not really that bad a play, the line crumbles, he's scrambling for his life, tries to throw it out of play but can't get enough on it because of the pressure he is under. It then falls in Gesicki's hands who proceeds to pass it up to a Cheats player, instead of either catching it or knocking it down. "He should not have thrown it, take the sack" is what people were saying. Really, look how far he had to scramble back to avoid the pass rush, our punter was having a mare and taking a sack there leads to a net gain of probably about the same as the INT did. Outside of that Tua was extremely efficient, scored both our TDs one wioth the arm and one with his legs, and once again, like last season let down frequently by WRs dropping perfectly catchable balls. I will tlk about the OL and the duress he was under all game, in the next point.
  • The OL is a disaster in pass protection, it is so far from where it needs to be it's laughable, look at the cheats and how they were able to give Jones so much time, yet they still couldn't beat us :)
  • The running game was up and down, Brown had some important runs, Gaskin flashed (but not enough), whether we leaned on him enough is open to debate
  • Clearly we need to learn some lessons today, that slant to Parker was so effective but we threw it what 3 times. That throw was there all game.
  • We need to get the ball to Waddle more.
  • Where was Albert Wilson ?
  • The D was not ready for this game until the cheats got intot the red zone.
  • Where is the pass rush outside of Ogbah
  • Where is Phillips ?
  • Why did we pay this punter all that money, hopefully he gets better
  • It was a W on opening day at a hard place for any team to go to, we can't be unhappy about that, we are first in the division and beat a divisional rival. Keep the faith boys and girls :)

Not for nothing, but Jones didn't throw many passes more than 10 yards. I don't know if it was by design but we allowed so many short throws. Guess we can't complain because we won, but why didn't we take away that short pass and make him throw deep to beat us? That would have given our pass rush time to get there. I think we were too conservative on D.

They need to stick with the quick slants as well with all that speed. I think the offense changes once Fuller is active.
They’re going to have speed everywhere with Waddle, Fuller, and Wilson. Gesicki will have a field day.

Better to win ugly than to lose ugly.
NE is very tough team to beat, especially at home.
They were ready to play today. They will be in the mix to make the playoffs.
Hopefully they can knock off the Bills and Jets for us.
Our offensive play calling was a head scratcher
We had momentum moving the ball passing and the next series went conservative.
Frankly I turned off the game a couple times because I didnt like what I was seeing.
I think we will muddled through the first few games until we can get an identity. The Bills are next. They will blow us out if we play like today next week

I feel the same but then thinking about it, had that joke of a sack not been called back and some other odds and ends, the score may look different

Mostly, dissappointed in the offense and how out of sorts it was
We will find out if that was due to the Patriots defensive scheme or Miami's offense. The Dolphins offensive game plan seemed very conservative, so you figured it might come down to which team made the key error.

They need to stick with the quick slants as well with all that speed. I think the offense changes once Fuller is active.
They’re going to have speed everywhere with Waddle, Fuller, and Wilson. Gesicki will have a field day.
Agree. Slants, slants, slants. Some more RPO would be nice too

All I'm saying is. If the o line was better I think Tua would have looked better having time. Overall I'm okay with how he was today. My biggest concern is the oline.
The d line also needs to get a better push going forward. Was always a step to late.

Man, I don't know wtf is wrong with you people. All week it's "All I want is a win". We get it, and y'all are whining. There will be games where the D will carry us, and games where the offense will.

Today's game was a slugfest in the trenches. It takes a real douche pastry to not appreciate how this team came together in the last 3 minutes.
Did you watch the game ?

I’m surprised so many fans are moaning about the performance. We went into NE for a season opener and came out with a win. BB does not lose season openers at home- especially to division opponents, BUT HE DID TODAY.

That NE Defense is gonna end the season as a top 3 D and Miami did what they had to do to get the win. I’m extremely encouraged. I’m not even worried about Tua. O-line struggled, that Waddle drop in the 1st half would have went for A LOT of yards and the officials took away a legit shot at a TD when they blew the play dead on that NE offsides calls. I also thought he threw a beautiful pass to Wilson on that near TD. The DB made a fantastic play.

Miami won’t see many Defenses as good as that one most weeks, we got the season opening win, and while there’s A LOT to work on, this is a young team and you don’t want to be playing your best football during Week 1 of the season.

Lots of Debbie Downers and Anti-Tua’s today but we’ve already got a win vs NE with them still having to come to Miami, we’ve got Buffalo at home next week and this team is a reflection of its HC: Tough and Resilient!!

People can keep bitching, I’m happy as hell!

A large number of road teams won outright today. That is very hard to do on opening day. Just glad Miami pulled the game out. The offense can use a jolt. But was effective enough to get the win. New England ran the ball efficiently and used the short passing game, with lots of crossing patterns to move the ball. Miami needs to be more aware of that moving forward. Its obvious the team needs better LB's.

Good win on the road. Hopefully this is the beginning of something special?

Back
Top Bottom