Dolphins Players the Jets Fans Hate/Would Love to Have. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Players the Jets Fans Hate/Would Love to Have.

I wouldn't mind seeing Revis or Edwards in a Fin uni... That's about it though. Noone else would be much of an upgrade to what we already have. Hell, give Davis another couple of years and Revis probably (hopefully?) wouldn't improve our secondary that much either.

After Cromartie's racked up some 15 or so missed tackles and given up some 10 TD's trying for a pick, you'll be back here to explain why he's better than our promising rookies, right? right?... rrriiiiiiiight... :rolleyes2:

How can you actually try and say that Smith or Davis is better than Cromartie? And I am pretty sure that Sean Smith rated lower than Cromartie as a tackler last season.
And I don't see how Cro will allow 10 TDs, he hasn't allowed nearly that many any year in his career. He allowed 2 TDs this year and the year he had a injured hip he allowed 4.

QB had a 116 rating against Smith last year, 104 against Davis. QB had a 70 rating against Cromartie.

Like I said before Dwight Lowery and Davis had similar rookie seasons by the numbers and the Jets didn't feel like Lowery was a starter by getting Sheppard last year and Cromartie this year. I will admit that Davis has a better shot at being a good player than Lowery as he has more physical skills to do so.

Cromartie has more physical skills than any of those CBs and playing for Rex will allow him to take his game to the level he played in 2007. Rex and Thurman have stated that back when Cromartie was coming into the NFL draft they saw his workout and felt it was the most impressive one they have ever saw from a DB.

I don't think there is a CB duo in the NFL with more upside than a Revis/Cromartie one and both are young at 24 and 25 years old. Revis already proven to be a legit shutdown CB.

How can you actually try and say that Smith or Davis is better than Cromartie? And I am pretty sure that Sean Smith rated lower than Cromartie as a tackler last season.
And I don't see how Cro will allow 10 TDs, he hasn't allowed nearly that many any year in his career. He allowed 2 TDs this year and the year he had a injured hip he allowed 4.

QB had a 116 rating against Smith last year, 104 against Davis. QB had a 70 rating against Cromartie.

Like I said before Dwight Lowery and Davis had similar rookie seasons by the numbers and the Jets didn't feel like Lowery was a starter by getting Sheppard last year and Cromartie this year. I will admit that Davis has a better shot at being a good player than Lowery as he has more physical skills to do so.

Cromartie has more physical skills than any of those CBs and playing for Rex will allow him to take his game to the level he played in 2007. Rex and Thurman have stated that back when Cromartie was coming into the NFL draft they saw his workout and felt it was the most impressive one they have ever saw from a DB.

I don't think there is a CB duo in the NFL with more upside than a Revis/Cromartie one and both are young at 24 and 25 years old. Revis already proven to be a legit shutdown CB.
Cromartie and Revis are an insane combination yes but we actually like our CB's. They both did pretty good for rookies and we expect them to get better. So the Phin's fans are not actually jealous of the Jets CB's. We're not actually jealous of anything really on the Jets roster. Sanchez? We have Henne. Leon Washington? We have Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Jet's o-line? Dolphin's o-line is pretty damn good. The players we are missing we can get in this draft. We can get upgrades at NT,OLB, FS and WR in this draft and then the Phins are solid across the board. If the FO drafts bad then maybe you'll see us crying over some Jets players but until then I doubt it.

Hey I love Revis and Cro. but as I have said on here before....I think in a few years the Davis/Smith combo will be the one of, if not the best in the league.

Hey I love Revis and Cro. but as I have said on here before....I think in a few years the Davis/Smith combo will be the one of, if not the best in the league.

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE...............:madness:

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE...............:madness:

LOL!! Cant do it!! I've always followed the Phins close though. My roommate through 3 years of college loved the Fish and I spend a few weeks a year at my wifes fams house in Surfside so I really cant escape it.

The once-a-year Jet killer. :hi5:

I guess if you put it that way, he is worth keeping.

Ginn is the Miami version of Ken O'Brian.

That man played lights out, TWICE a year.

Ginn is the Miami version of Ken O'Brian.

That man played lights out, TWICE a year.

O'Brien was a multiple PB QB and until he hurt his shoulder in 1986 he was one of the top QBs in the league. Sure he elevated his game against Miami but he was good against others too.

Cromartie and Revis are an insane combination yes but we actually like our CB's. They both did pretty good for rookies and we expect them to get better. So the Phin's fans are not actually jealous of the Jets CB's. We're not actually jealous of anything really on the Jets roster. Sanchez? We have Henne. Leon Washington? We have Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Jet's o-line? Dolphin's o-line is pretty damn good. The players we are missing we can get in this draft. We can get upgrades at NT,OLB, FS and WR in this draft and then the Phins are solid across the board. If the FO drafts bad then maybe you'll see us crying over some Jets players but until then I doubt it.
Never said you were jealous.... The guy I was quoting was saying that Jets fans would want Sean Smith or Vontae Davis over Cromartie unless the Jets fan is a homer, and that is simply not true and that is all I was saying. Be excited about your CBs, that is fine and I wouldn't knock you for being excited about them. But right now you can not sell me that Davis or Smith are upgrades over Cromartie and I would not trade him to get one of them on our team as I am happy with Cromartie being here.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting a player on a rivals team to be on your team.

BTW I will say confidently that neither Smith or Davis ever will reach what Revis is as a player but that doesn't mean they won't have successful careers, I just think that Revis is special and if he keeps it up will be a HOFer.

Revis and Cromartie is probably the best CB duo in the NFL right now and both are young.
Like I said, I don't think Smith or Davis ever reach the level of play that Revis is capable of playing so I wouldn't take that over what we have. Cromartie has insane measurables and ball skills, if he can play at the level he played at in 2007 this CB tandem is insane though its already really good since Revis is the best in the game and you can throw any good CB next to him and say that the tandem is arguably the best.

BTW a player I would take from the Dolphins is Randy Starks, instantly be a starter on our DL. I also like Kendall Langford, think hes a good player.

O'Brien was a multiple PB QB and until he hurt his shoulder in 1986 he was one of the top QBs in the league. Sure he elevated his game against Miami but he was good against others too.

He was in the pro bowl in 1985 and 1991

Taken in the 1983 NFL Draft with the 24th pick of the first round by the New York Jets out of UC Davis, three picks before Dan Marino. O'Brien amassed over 25,000 yards in his 11-year career. In 1985, he was the highest rated quarterback in the NFL. He also led the NFL with the lowest rate of interceptions in 1985, 1987, and 1988. After an 11-5 record in 1985, O'Brien helped his team open up with a 10-1 record in 1986. After ten games he was leading the NFL with a 111.1 rating (over 12 points higher over the second ranked quarterback). However his team lost the remaining five games because of his own broken finger and injuries to other key players. He retired after spending the 1993 season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He is the only quarterback to pass for 400 or more yards (431) in a game and earn a perfect NFL 158.3 rating. O'Brien is also the holder of another NFL record, combining for 927 (884 net) yards passing with Dan Marino.

Good, not great.

• Named NFL Most Valuable Player (1984).
  • Played 242 games, starting 240 of them.
  • First QB in NFL history to have six 4,000-yard seasons (1984–86, 1988, 1992, 1994).
  • First QB in NFL history to pass for 5,000 or more yards in a single season (5,084 in 1984).
  • Only QB in NFL history to throw 40+ TD passes in a season twice (48 in 1984, 44 in 1986)…only 3 other QB's have done it once.
  • Led 36 fourth-quarter comeback victories, second most all-time.
  • Holds Dolphins team record for most seasons played (17).
  • Had 116 wins under Don Shula – the most by a head coach/quarterback combination in NFL history.
  • Won the AFC Offensive Player of the Week honor 18 times in the regular season (and 20 times overall, including playoffs).
  • Compiled a 147-93 regular-season record as a starter, third best all-time.
  • Of his 63 career games with 300+ yards passing, 11 came against the Jets(including his final 300-yd game); he had 8 against the Colts and 7 apiece against the Patriots and Bills…meaning Marino picked up 33 of his 63 career 300-yd performances against division foes. Incredibly, of Marino's 13 career games with 400+ passing yards, 4 came against the Jets…the other 9 came against 9 different teams.
  • For perspective, his 61,361 career passing yards is the equivalent of having passed his way across the state of Rhode Island.
THAT'S GREATNESS-:up:

He was in the pro bowl in 1985 and 1991

Taken in the 1983 NFL Draft with the 24th pick of the first round by the New York Jets out of UC Davis, three picks before Dan Marino. O'Brien amassed over 25,000 yards in his 11-year career. In 1985, he was the highest rated quarterback in the NFL. He also led the NFL with the lowest rate of interceptions in 1985, 1987, and 1988. After an 11-5 record in 1985, O'Brien helped his team open up with a 10-1 record in 1986. After ten games he was leading the NFL with a 111.1 rating (over 12 points higher over the second ranked quarterback). However his team lost the remaining five games because of his own broken finger and injuries to other key players. He retired after spending the 1993 season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He is the only quarterback to pass for 400 or more yards (431) in a game and earn a perfect NFL 158.3 rating. O'Brien is also the holder of another NFL record, combining for 927 (884 net) yards passing with Dan Marino.

Good, not great.

His career overall as good, he was great for a year and a half prior to hurting his shoulder in 1986. In '85 he led the NFL in passing and was well on his way until he hurt his shoulder in 1986 and he never really recovered.

Who compared him to Marino?

Back
Top Bottom