Dolphins/ QB backup may come from draft

elite14eva

Yashu Mane!!!
Club Member
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

Dolphins | Culpepper backup may come from draft
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:11:02 -0700
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/17">Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Miami Dolphins may use the upcoming 2006 NFL Draft to find a backup for QB Daunte Culpepper, especially if the team cannot pull off a trade for Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington

Yeah, just read that now but why look into it? It is common sense and just coming from speculation. I can make a story right now and say Culpeper backup MAY came from free agency too.

The two are not mutually exclusive. If we get Jacobs or even Vince Young they will not be ready for a year or two. We would need someone in the number two slot especially for the first couple of weeks of this year. That's why Harrington would be attractive. If he gets a two year contract and is either able to rehab his rep (or crashes and burns) he will be gone at the same time a 2006 draftee is ready to step up.

A Rookie as a backup? or Lemon as a backup? Neither taken a snap in a regular NFL game and Dauntes playing condition come the first game unknown? hmmmm....Hope we get Harrington, thats all im saying.

A QB taken this year will not be an effective backup and will do nothing to fill our need for someone to start the season in place of Daunte. With the limited number of picks we have this year, there's no way in hell I draft Omar Jacobs or any other QB in the 3rd. I'd just as soon go into the season with Cleo Lemon as the starter while Daunte recovers.

MiamiMan147 said:
A QB taken this year will not be an effective backup and will do nothing to fill our need for someone to start the season in place of Daunte. With the limited number of picks we have this year, there's no way in hell I draft Omar Jacobs or any other QB in the 3rd. I'd just as soon go into the season with Cleo Lemon as the starter while Daunte recovers.
Be careful with your last statement. There are a lot of members that don't like Lemon at all.:wink: I think Lemon will do okay with our supporting cast and coaches.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Be careful with your last statement. There are a lot of members that don't like Lemon at all.:wink: I think Lemon will do okay with our supporting cast and coaches.

Its not that I'm a Lemon fan, him starting the season for us would be far from ideal. Its just that he'd be more ready to start than any QB available in the 3rd round or later.

Back
Top Bottom