Dolphins/ QB backup may come from draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins/ QB backup may come from draft

If we were taking a backup QB in this draft, my #1 choice would be Brodie Croyle. I really like Croyle leadership qualities and ability to make all the throws with his strong arm. He could come in and take over a huddle as a youngster. Everywhere he went players were raving about his leadership qualities. I think the durability concerns are true for any QB, but shouldn't prevent you from taking a shot. Aikman was fragile but no one would have turned him away.

I really DISLIKE Jacobs. I think he is vastly overrated. I don't like the way he throws the ball, i don't like his accuracy (his completion % isn't accurate b/c the teams he plays against are terrible) and i hate the system he played in. I'd rather take a guy like Whitehurst or even a project like that big kid from Grambling or that kid from Jackson St. i think. You could get those guys later and not use a #3.

If we drafted Omar Jacobs he would have plenty of time to get ready for the season....let's see training camp and pre-season!!

icephinfan said:
If we drafted Omar Jacobs he would have plenty of time to get ready for the season....let's see training camp and pre-season!!

Plus he will be learning from Daunte who has a similar style. I do think that if we do get Omar Jacobs we should get a veteren also. Plus if I remember right, didn't Saban say he wanted four QB's on the roster. Brock Berlin won't be around that long so we will need a young guy who's name is not Lemon. (Sorry every time I hear his last name it makes me laugh.)

TheDolphinsR#1 said:
Plus he will be learning from Daunte who has a similar style. I do think that if we do get Omar Jacobs we should get a veteren also. Plus if I remember right, didn't Saban say he wanted four QB's on the roster. Brock Berlin won't be around that long so we will need a young guy who's name is not Lemon. (Sorry every time I hear his last name it makes me laugh.)

Yeah we can still sign a veteran, and draft Omar.:eek:

MiamiMan147 said:
Its not that I'm a Lemon fan, him starting the season for us would be far from ideal. Its just that he'd be more ready to start than any QB available in the 3rd round or later.

I agree completely. It's hard to believe people would rather have Omar Jacobs under center week 1, than Cleo Lemon...a guy that has been in the system for a year, and a guy we already spent a draft pick on (though that shouldn't matter as much).
I would be very, very upset if we spend our 3rd or 4th pick on a QB. I'm not entirely opposed to getting Young if he fell to us in the 1st though.

kpcane said:
I agree completely. It's hard to believe people would rather have Omar Jacobs under center week 1, than Cleo Lemon...a guy that has been in the system for a year, and a guy we already spent a draft pick on (though that shouldn't matter as much).
I would be very, very upset if we spend our 3rd or 4th pick on a QB. I'm not entirely opposed to getting Young if he fell to us in the 1st though.

So, you would be mad if we take a QB with the 3rd, but not opposed to a QB in the 1st.....ummmmmm okay!

icephinfan said:
OMAR JACOBS in the 3rd round!!!

yea thats what im hoping for.ive been watching him all year and was like man i hope he can be a fin someday

dorsaroll156 said:
yea thats what im hoping for.ive been watching him all year and was like man i hope he can be a fin someday

Omar will fit in nicely!!!!:dolphins:

People are hating on Omar...he can throw with good accuracy, has good speed, like a mini me to C-PEP!!!!

305TillIDie said:
omar jacobs will be a nice selection in the 3rd round if hes therethe kid has a good arm and if you dont pay attention to his legs, zoooooom!..hes gone..so watch out!:lol:

Hell yeah, he would fit nicely into what Saban wants to do down here in MIAMI!!!!

icephinfan said:
So, you would be mad if we take a QB with the 3rd, but not opposed to a QB in the 1st.....ummmmmm okay!

I said I'm not entirely opposed. I know it's difficult to understand, but getting possibly the best player in the draft is something I could understand because he could yield several first round picks in the future. Omar Jacobs will just go to #3 on the depth chart and stay there for a couple years before we cut him.

kpcane said:
I said I'm not entirely opposed. I know it's difficult to understand, but getting possibly the best player in the draft is something I could understand because he could yield several first round picks in the future. Omar Jacobs will just go to #3 on the depth chart and stay there for a couple years before we cut him.

Or he could be our future starter. Not for awhile, but in the mean time he would take the backup role and give us great depth in a position that has been very weak up until this year. Well, last year was ok. Gus did a pretty good job for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom