Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

Hard for me to fathom some people think Diggs made Allen. Not saying Diggs doesn’t HELP him but have you watched him? The second half of their Tampa game and he was by far the best player in the stadium.

I would not be a fan if Daboll is hired but I do have to give credit to Daboll on his development on Allen, he did a great job

My question is can the Bills refuse to let Daboll interview for the Fins b/c they're in the same division? I know about the upgrade to HC but not sure about the same division.
Nope and if that happens then Flores would not have been Dolphins coach in the first place

What transformed Josh Allen and the offense was him working with that “QB whisperer” in the off-season after his rookie year and completely reworking his mechanics. Plus, his running ability really hides many of the inefficiencies of him and the offense. I don’t think Daboll is anything great, and obviously Tua doesn’t have the physical tools to work with like Josh Allen.

Sounds like they want someone who likes Tua. This team is doomed
I really don’t know what else needs to happen for people to open their eyes and see. Tua Is not the goddamn answer!!!! They don’t need to go out and get a guy who worked with Tua before!! This is a ****ing disaster. They should’ve kept Flo fired Grier and go get Watson. You guys wait and see what happens to this team next season. We’re going to get swept by New England and Buffalo and God knows who else. Probably get swept by the Jets!! Flores made mistakes but I’m starting to see already this team is ****ed.

I really don’t know what else needs to happen for people to open their eyes and see. Tua Is not the goddamn answer!!!! They don’t need to go out and get a guy who worked with Tua before!! This is a ****ing disaster. They should’ve kept Flo fired Grier and go get Watson. You guys wait and see what happens to this team next season. We’re going to get swept by New England and Buffalo and God knows who else. Probably get swept by the Jets!! Flores made mistakes but I’m starting to see already this team is ****ed.
Gonna have to do something about that name...

Love the meltdown. Keep it up. Tua is our guy.

Nice one! My first choice...

The Miami Dolphins have reportedly requested permission to interview Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.
Daboll has held that role with the Bills since 2018 and has been instrumental in developing quarterback Josh Allen in Buffalo. Before that, he was Alabama’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2017, current Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s freshman college season when they won the national title.

The Dolphins’ request to interview Daboll was first reported by NFL Network on Monday night after Miami fired coach Brian Flores on Monday morning.
Daboll has a playoff game against the New England Patriots to coach on Saturday night. The Chicago Bears are also requesting to interview him, according to ESPN and NFL Network, after they fired coach Matt Nagy on Monday.
Daboll was AP NFL Assistant Coach of the Year in 2020.
[Most Read Dolphins Coverage] Omar Kelly: Which head coaching candidates make sense for Dolphins? »
Among his previous stops, Daboll was Dolphins offensive coordinator in 2011, coach Tony Sparano’s final year at the helm. He also held NFL coordinator roles with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012 and Cleveland Browns in 2009 and 2010. From 2013 to 2016, he was tight ends coach for the Patriots, while Flores was a defensive assistant on the same staff under coach Bill Belichick.

Daboll would mark a switch to an offensive-minded head coach after Flores made his mark in the NFL mostly on defense before getting his first head coaching position with Miami. He also has experience with Tagovailoa, who just completed his second NFL season.
Under Daboll in 2017 at Alabama, Tagovailoa played in eight games, completing 63.6 percent of passes with 11 touchdowns and two interceptions as the primary backup to starter and current Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts. Hurts was benched for Tagovailoa at halftime of that season’s College Football Playoff national championship game, and Tagovailoa threw the game-winning touchdown to DeVonta Smith. It set the stage for Tagovailoa to then unseat Hurts the next season, leading him to become a top draft prospect when he became eligible in 2020.
Daboll has been part of five Super Bowl champions with the Patriots — two during his time as tight ends coach and part of the 2001, 2003 and 2004 champions. He was wide receivers coach in New England from 2002 to 2006 and a defensive assistant from 2000 to 2001.
Daboll has also been New York Jets quarterbacks coach in 2007 and 2008, and before he first joined the Patriots, he was a graduate assistant at Michigan State in 1998 and 1999 and a volunteer assistant ant William & Mary in 1997.

I want to bring in the guy who built their OL. Daboll? I'm agnostic. I can see the advantages and I doubt he'd change the D much. The key, yeah, it's obvious, would be the assts

My preference is they hire a HC with previous experience and someone who has actually hired a coaching staff before, I really wouldn’t like to see another first time HC who will spend his first few years learning how to be a HC in the NFL.

I’m okay with Dabol as the next OC if he decides to leave Buffalo but not as the Dolphins next HC.

Back
Top Bottom