Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

We were 20th in scoring when he was here.

Not great but then again his arsenal was Henne/Marshall/Hartline/Bess/Clay/Fasano/Daniel Thomas

We had 4 30 point games. Not bad.

I always thought he was a decent OC while he was with us, probably one of the better ones we’ve had the past couple of decades TBH.

Garbage hire. Allen still has bonehead games and Diggs is what turned his accuracy around. Bills are continuously inconsistent. Plus just another branch off the Belichick tree. If we hire Daboll this team will regress from Flores. Maybe the offense improves some but the D will be handed off to some newbie assistant and regress considerably. We need an experienced coach who can put together an A+ staff. Not another newbie “offensive genius” roll of the dice.
Very shortsighted on your part. I’m not saying Daboll will be a winner as a HC but he’s a smart offensive guy and he in fact help develope Allen and did a great job doing so. Allen is a different QB from his rookie season, however no matter how well you develop Allen he will always be prone to a boneheaded play once in a while, it’s who he is. You certainly can develop someone into a better player but you can’t change what they are 100% for every single play

I always thought he was a decent OC while he was with us, probably one of the better ones we’ve had the past couple of decades TBH.
He did good job for what he had to work with here. We were not exactly an offensive juggernaut but he improved our offensive play

As I am sure many here recall, Daboll was here as OC once. He didn't strike me as especially sharp then and that team was terrible. But ten years have passed. One impressive thing about him is the range of people he has worked under. Belichick, Saban. They must have thought something good about him for surviving them. He is also a football lifer nerd who eats, breathes, and sleeps football.

I think he is worth an interview to see what is under the hood with this guy.

Dennis Allen would also be interesting if he can bring a Payton offensive disciple with him to run the offense. he runs very sharp defenses and he has head coaching experience that he may have learned from.

I have a feeling that Daboll has a really good shot. I also suspect from chatter that Beal will be involved more than some realize.

I honestly don't know enough about either to know what makes them tick, though. It's not like any of us get the benefit of interviewing them.

Garbage hire. Allen still has bonehead games and Diggs is what turned his accuracy around. Bills are continuously inconsistent. Plus just another branch off the Belichick tree. If we hire Daboll this team will regress from Flores. Maybe the offense improves some but the D will be handed off to some newbie assistant and regress considerably. We need an experienced coach who can put together an A+ staff. Not another newbie “offensive genius” roll of the dice.
Do you forget how raw Allen was? This is not a completed job he is more Bull than Savant - he isn’t likely ever going to read Defences as his comfort zone

Haha just fine? Tua is an average QB. I cant believe that there are people that can't see that. I'm glad you think he's the next Marino. His own coach knew he wasnt any good
Exactly when did I ever claim he is the next Marino?All I have ever said is I want to see how he develops with better talent around him and if he doesn’t play better with better talent around him, they should draft a new QB in the 2023 draft.

I never wanted Watson in Miami because of his character issues and his 22 court cases. Not because I don’t think he has shown he is a better QB than Tua at this time.

Perhaps you should read though my comments regarding Tua before you decide to claim I have ever said he is the next Marino. Maybe he will develop into a very good NFL QB or maybe he won’t. Obviously you have already made your decision that he won’t. I am just willing to give him more time than you are to develop but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom