Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

Exactly when did I ever claim he is the next Marino?All I have ever said is I want to see how he develops with better talent around him and if he doesnā€™t play better with better talent around him, they should draft a new QB in the 2023 draft.

I never wanted Watson in Miami because of his character issues and his 22 court cases. Not because I donā€™t think he has shown he is a better QB than Tua at this time.

Perhaps you should read though my comments regarding Tua before you decide to claim I have ever said he is the next Marino. Maybe he will develop into a very good NFL QB or maybe he wonā€™t. Obviously you have already made your decision that he wonā€™t. I am just willing to give him more time than you are to develop but you are certainly entitled to you opinion.
The issue I see here is you're assuming that dude can read.

One thing to consider is that Dabol has been around long enough that he'd be able to build a solid staff IMO.
Flores was around a long time too and while he did a good job putting together a solid defensive coaching staff. He was terrible when it came to hiring an offensive staff.

Flores was around a long time too and while he did a good job putting together a solid defensive coaching staff. He was terrible when it came to hiring an offensive staff.
Flores was in NE the whole time though... And alot of that time was actually spent in the scouting dept. iirc.

Flores was in NE the whole time though... And alot of that time was actually spent in the scouting dept. iirc.
Valid point but I am still hoping they hire a HC with previous head coaching experience and someone who has actually put a coaching staff together before. But thatā€™s just me.

Valid point but I am still hoping they hire a HC with previous head coaching experience and someone who has actually put a coaching staff together before. But thatā€™s just me.
I agree with you...

I assume you will be going to be a fan of the team Flores coaches next year. So enjoy your new team and hopefully it brings you less stress.
The Dolphins will be just fine with Tua at QB and fortunately it appears the Watson rumors were just that and he will not be the Dolphins QB next year or ever.
Love the meltdown. Keep it up. Tua is our guy.
Lmao the meltdown is your brain along with the Dolphins dumb ass decisions.

Gonna have to do something about that name...
Iā€™m not gonna do absolutely nothing about it. But all the people with Tua in their name will have to. It may take a little longer than expected but he will be gone as soon as Miami is 1-7 next season.

Iā€™m not gonna do absolutely nothing about it. But all the people with Tua in their name will have to. It may take a little longer than expected but he will be gone as soon as Miami is 1-7 next season.

Can we bet that the fins start better after 8 games than wherever Flo goes? Loser changes their name?

Lmao the meltdown is your brain along with the Dolphins dumb *** decisions.
Personally I just understand that I donā€™t own the Dolphins and therefore I choose not to rant every time Ross makes a decision I donā€™t agree with.

The only issue I had with Flores was his inability to hire a competent offensive coaching staff. I though he did a good job considering he was here only three years and the team was rebuilding those three years.

I have no idea what the issues were between Grier and Flores but obviously Ross decided those issues were enough it meant Grier and Flores could no longer work together and the owner decided that he wanted to fire Flores and retain Grier.

My preference would be to fire both of them in that situation and hire a new HC and GM but Iā€™m not the owner. I have stated numerous times on this forum that I donā€™t agree with a lot of the decisions Ross has made in hiring individuals to run this organization.

I question if he will ever hire the right individuals to turn this team into a consistent winner. Yet I have been a Dolphin fan since 1966 and I realize I have no choice but to accept how Ross runs the team whether I agree with his decisions or not.

So I have just learned to accept those things I have no control over and I certainly have no control over Ross and how he runs the Dolphins,

none of this matters. its the players on the field that win games, not coaches. We should have kept Flores, and fired Grier. Pete Carroll is a good coach, why hasnt he won squat since that 1 sb win?
same with all the other coaches.

look at bellichick, cant even do anything anymore without brady.

ITS THE PLAYERS

Resident Bills fan here. I came on to correct some of the Brian Daboll narrative I'm seeing.

Daboll coached in the nfl for many, many years prior to coming on with the bills. You can look it up - all of his offenses prior to Buffalo were in the bottom of the league. When the Bills hired him, fans were pissed because he never had any kind of success anywhere. At Alabama, he started Jalen Hurts (over Tua, more on that later) who couldn't seem to complete a pass that year. They were a running offense, even at QB, and could not throw the ball. Nick Saban finally overrules Daboll at half time of the national championship game and puts Tua in for Hurts. Tua lights it up and they come back and win. Questions loomed as to how Daboll could have seen and coached both qb's in practice all year long and decided not to play Tua. They placed the blame on Hurts, and said he wasn't good enough, because he couldnt throw the ball. Then Hurts transfers out of Bama and finishes 2nd in the heisman, throwing the ball all over the lot, something he couldnt dream of doing under Daboll. It seems Daboll was the one holding that offense back the whole time, not Hurts. An odd year for Daboll at Bama, to say the least.

Daboll then comes to Buffalo. We know the progress Allen made, but Bills fans, and people in the know, understand that Jordan Palmer and Josh Allen are responsible for the progress, and not anyone else (McDermott, Dorsey, Daboll). The difference in Allen's mechanics was night and day, which is something Palmer corrected, not Daboll. Add in the fact that Daboll never had success with a QB in his 20+ years prior, and we can see Daboll probably didnt have some magic turnaround all of a sudden.

Daboll has been criticized all year long by Bills fans (and McDermott) for his play calls and offensive philosophy. He refused to run the ball, at all costs, even when defenses dropped 9 back. It cost us games. McDermott had to step in and correct that personally, but its still been an issue until recently.

If Daboll takes a job, I dont think Bills fans will be sad to see him go. One of my pet peeves in NFL circles is when teams hire the coordinator of the offense who has an MVP type QB, as if they are responsible for the offense's success instead of the QB. Adam gase comes to mind. The chiefs OC is another one. Daboll gave 100% of his effort to Buffalo, so we wish him well wherever he goes, but I think if there's a team out there hiring him because they think he's some sort of "offensive guru," they are sadly mistaken.

I get the fear of another coordinator coming in with no HC experience. But every successful HC started as a coordinator at one point. Question is, would you rather have a hungry coordinator determined to prove himself and succeed, or a HC with experience who is currently unemployed. I mean, they're unemployed for a reason šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø......with the exception of Harbaugh, and he hasn't coached in the pros for some time now.

im not going to quote everyone that mentioned it. But the thing is...FLores did bring in some good assistants on offense i thought. over the course of his 3 years, if you picked and chose you could've made a decent staff. he just wouldnt keep anyone.

Had Caldwell...either ran him off or he really did have health issues
I think alot of us would've liked to see what O'Shea had because he was held in high regards in NE
Studes was a hold over and has had success with his running game before, he was dealt a **** hand blocking and talent wise
OL coach Flaherty was supposed to be good, he was a Flores casuality after a couple days.

So i dont think a first time HC cant get talent or build a coaching staff, Flo just wouldnt keep a coaching staff long enough to impliment a system. we never really had a system, just an annual playbook. Honestly if we kept Flo, Charlie Frye would prob be our OC in about 2-3 weeks when he fired the 2 headed OC

Back
Top Bottom