Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

My preference is they hire a HC with previous experience and someone who has actually hired a coaching staff before, I really wouldn’t like to see another first time HC who will spend his first few years learning how to be a HC in the NFL.

I’m okay with Dabol as the next OC if he decides to leave Buffalo but not as the Dolphins next HC.
If we go the “hot” coordinator route again…

There have to be intelligent people somewhere in this organization. Is there no one who can get in Ross’ ear and tell him that he needs a coach with NFL head coaching experience? How many times can you make the same mistake of thinking you’ve found the next big thing?

I really don’t know what else needs to happen for people to open their eyes and see. Tua Is not the goddamn answer!!!! They don’t need to go out and get a guy who worked with Tua before!! This is a ****ing disaster. They should’ve kept Flo fired Grier and go get Watson. You guys wait and see what happens to this team next season. We’re going to get swept by New England and Buffalo and God knows who else. Probably get swept by the Jets!! Flores made mistakes but I’m starting to see already this team is ****ed.
I assume you will be going to be a fan of the team Flores coaches next year. So enjoy your new team and hopefully it brings you less stress.
The Dolphins will be just fine with Tua at QB and fortunately it appears the Watson rumors were just that and he will not be the Dolphins QB next year or ever.

I hope Boyer has learned enough from Flores to maintain the D schemes next year. Then go get a proven Offensive minded HC that can look at tape find out what needs to be improved with decent D knowledge whether from College or NFL. Not another first timer please.

Sounds like they want someone who likes Tua. This team is doomed

I liked your post because If we are hiring a coach for the sake of Tua, it’s trouble. But I don’t agree it’s our doom.

I have a grave beef with Tua but it has mainly to do with the overwhelming fools around that believe Tua is still the second coming and is not to be blamed for being merely mediocre.

But Tua looks to be a solid QB that won’t lose us games and can take us to the playoffs if- IF- you can put a strong cast around him much like Tennessee.

I don’t want a HC here ready to live and die with Tua rather than a HC that will live and die with whomever/whatever is best.

If we hire a HC willing to go 7 years to see what we have in Tua, it’s Tannehill all over again. If we hire one looking to instantaneously replace Tua, we wasted a vital pick.

We don’t need extremist left wing crybabies or extremist right wing nutbags. We need right down the middle.

I hope Boyer has learned enough from Flores to maintain the D schemes next year. Then go get a proven Offensive minded HC that can look at tape find out what needs to be improved with decent D knowledge whether from College or NFL. Not another first timer please.
You are assuming the next HC will want to keep Boyer or that Boyer would want to stay with the Dolphins, even if the new HC does want him to remain with the Dolphins.

Boyer will probably have more opportunities in the league as a DC because of how the defense performed under his direction. I would like to see him remain as the DC in Miami but I also won’t be surprised if he decides to leave since the man who hired him is no longer the HC.

You are assuming the next HC will want to keep Boyer or that Boyer would want to stay with the Dolphins, even if the new HC does want him to remain with the Dolphins.

Boyer will probably have more opportunities in the league as a DC because of how the defense performed under his direction. I would like to see him remain as the DC in Miami but I also won’t be surprised if he decides to leave since the man who hired him is no longer the HC.
Correct just thinking out loud, which would be a good scenario, but all good points you have made.

I hope the reason we keep going after 1st timers isn't because Grier is afraid of a guy with enough power to challenge him.

This is why GM's should not be charged with hiring head coaches.

Wouldn’t love this. Wouldn’t hate it either. I’ve never found the Bills offensive system to be all that impressive. Allen just has escapability and a huge arm, and Diggs and Beasley are always open. It’s a tough combination to screw up.

Harbaugh, Pederson, and Kellen Moore would be my top options.
Diggs and Beasley are always open? Why would we not want that OC?

I assume you will be going to be a fan of the team Flores coaches next year. So enjoy your new team and hopefully it brings you less stress.
The Dolphins will be just fine with Tua at QB and fortunately it appears the Watson rumors were just that and he will not be the Dolphins QB next year or ever.
Haha just fine? Tua is an average QB. I cant believe that there are people that can't see that. I'm glad you think he's the next Marino. His own coach knew he wasnt any good

I liked your post because If we are hiring a coach for the sake of Tua, it’s trouble. But I don’t agree it’s our doom.

I have a grave beef with Tua but it has mainly to do with the overwhelming fools around that believe Tua is still the second coming and is not to be blamed for being merely mediocre.

But Tua looks to be a solid QB that won’t lose us games and can take us to the playoffs if- IF- you can put a strong cast around him much like Tennessee.

I don’t want a HC here ready to live and die with Tua rather than a HC that will live and die with whomever/whatever is best.

If we hire a HC willing to go 7 years to see what we have in Tua, it’s Tannehill all over again. If we hire one looking to instantaneously replace Tua, we wasted a vital pick.

We don’t need extremist left wing crybabies or extremist right wing nutbags. We need right down the middle.
Tua certainly isn’t the second coming but of course I don’t believe in the first coming.

Tua is merely a young QB that still has a lot to learn at the NFL level and like every QB in the NFL, he makes some boneheaded plays on occasion.
Honestly I have no idea at this time if he is the long term answer for them at the QB position. Yet I would like to see how he develops with better players around him and an actual competent OC.

If he doesn’t show vast improvement under those circumstances, I would have no problem moving on from him. I just think that based on the situation he has been forced to play under the first two years, he certainly deserves to be the starter next year. Then the new HC and his staff can determine if they want to go forward with him as their starting QB beyond the 2022 season.

Back
Top Bottom