Dolphins Rookie Mini-Camp: Day 3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Rookie Mini-Camp: Day 3

Buddwalk said:
Who said ronnie is his #1 tailback...he might of used the 1st round pick on him but for all we know Kay Jay could take his job or lamar gordon could...right now its all speculation

Dude there is no way that Gordon and Harris are better then Brown. Saban hasnt said it, but you can tell from what he said that Brown will be our starting RB.

Buddwalk said:
crap beat me to it...oh well

Saban talking about Shirdonya Mitchell right now and he really liked what he saw. [the kid got hurt on his pro day] Ran the 4.4 40 and was a former reciever that they moved to defensive back. Saban's talking real high on this guy...which means he'll probobly make the team

I didn't even realize Shirdonya was back already. Wow that guy has talent to say the least, he can run a 4.31 has good size, hips, and instincts. He's just raw on technique and recognizing patterns.

He said, "if we have to shelf him for a year, we'll shelf him for a year". Said he considred Mitchell a "Draftable" player before the injury, and that as soon as he was injured they made the decision to invite him to camp.

Surferosa said:
He said, "if we have to shelf him for a year, we'll shelf him for a year". Said he considred Mitchell a "Draftable" player before the injury, and that as soon as he was injured they made the decision to invite him to camp.

I don't understand though is he actually going to put on the pads and play in TC?

Jaj said:
I don't understand though is he actually going to put on the pads and play in TC?

Dont know, sounded like he could. I think he was talking about "shelving him" as a worst case scenario.

Surferosa said:
Dont know, sounded like he could. I think he was talking about "shelving him" as a worst case scenario.

If Shirdonya could play this year, that would be a HUGE BOOST :cooldude:

SpeedRush99 said:
I'm sure you've seen them before, they've been around a couple years now. Their the ones that protect your jaw more and have the wierd looking facemasks.

clear.gif

clear.gif
thanks for posting the pics... you are right, i have seen those before and they are ugly!

thanks!

Does anybody have any pics of Roth and Harris?

It's good to see Ronnie in a Dolphins uniform! :clap:

clear.gif

He just tore his acl last month. Larry Chester tore his in Sept and he still won't be ready until training camp, so how does anyone expect Mitchell to be ready in the same time frame?
It is extremely doubtful that Mitchell will make any contribution this season. IMO, it is about 95% he'll be placed on Reserve/NFI list.

Also, at this point he is only potential, even when he gets back on the field, so how do we know he'd give the team a HUGE BOOST even if he could play this season? Before the acl he was considered a late 2nd day pick only.

MrClean said:
He just tore his acl last month. Larry Chester tore his in Sept and he still won't be ready until training camp, so how does anyone expect Mitchell to be ready in the same time frame?
It is extremely doubtful that Mitchell will make any contribution this season. IMO, it is about 95% he'll be placed on Reserve/NFI list.

Also, at this point he is only potential, even when he gets back on the field, so how do we know he'd give the team a HUGE BOOST even if he could play this season? Before the acl he was considered a late 2nd day pick only.

No he was considered higher than that, quite a bit higher than if you follow player ratings before the draft. Considering Routt was selected in the 2nd round based off of physical talent I could have seen someone taking Shirdonya around the 3/4th round range. It would be a huge boost because he'd be able to start his development earlier.

Oh man! Nick made a reference to the Gestalt Theory in this clip. You would never hear Dave Wannstedt make that kind of reference.

Jaj said:
No he was considered higher than that, quite a bit higher than if you follow player ratings before the draft. Considering Routt was selected in the 2nd round based off of physical talent I could have seen someone taking Shirdonya around the 3/4th round range. It would be a huge boost because he'd be able to start his development earlier.

Nick referred to him as a late round prospect before he was injured.

Back
Top Bottom