Dolphins Rookie Mini-Camp: Day 3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Rookie Mini-Camp: Day 3

texasPHINSfan said:
side note: gestalt is pronounced geshtalt, if you wish to pronounce it correctly.

Oh really? Maybe if you're in Germany, but since when did this phony "utilize pronunciation of original language because it makes me sound like an a$$" become a principle of the English language? It reaks of pretention and reminds me of the gag inducing NPR reporters who pour so much affect into attempting a native pronunciation of every farking non-English name, place, or thing. :shakeno:

Buddwalk said:
Who said ronnie is his #1 tailback...he might of used the 1st round pick on him but for all we know Kay Jay could take his job or lamar gordon could...right now its all speculation
Umm yeah....If Brown isnt starting opening day we are in BIG trouble. And Kay Jay Harris possibly starting? Yeah okay.If any of this happens plan on a nother 4-12 season.

texasPHINSfan said:
i don't like that mentality.

i want the best player to start, not the highest-drafted. if we did that, yatil green and john avery would be our starting wr and rbs....

best player for the position!!

side note: gestalt is pronounced geshtalt, if you wish to pronounce it correctly.

He didn't say he should start cause he was drafted high. He should start cause he is the most talented player at the position.

Kay Jay Harris is considered an excellent specials teams player. He only startedd for one year at WVU, and he played specials for them before that and was a stud.

He was a pretty good kick returner in college and because of his size/speed he did well on coverage units.

I would think this would be the area where Kay Jay would make his mark the most his first year with us if he makes the team.

Shirdonya definitely has talent, but needs major refining in his technique and reads. He can be molded into a good player possibly, but even healthy he would have little impact this year with all the corners we have ahead of him.

You guys see Roth in the end of the TC clip? How he lined up and his leg kept twitching, ready to jump off the line? Love it.

ummmmmmm.....

Agua said:
Oh really? Maybe if you're in Germany, but since when did this phony "utilize pronunciation of original language because it makes me sound like an a$$" become a principle of the English language? It reaks of pretention and reminds me of the gag inducing NPR reporters who pour so much affect into attempting a native pronunciation of every farking non-English name, place, or thing. :shakeno:

what the hell are u talkin about? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Agua said:
Oh really? Maybe if you're in Germany, but since when did this phony "utilize pronunciation of original language because it makes me sound like an a$$" become a principle of the English language?
you can pronounce it any way you want. the fact is its a german name. if you wish to pronounce it correctly, you pronounce it with the "sh" sound. that said, you can pronounce it however you want. its not arrogance or making oneself look like an a$$. what's up with the hostility to other nationalities anyway?

How do you pronounce Chevrolet? Last time i checked, the ENGLISH language would dictacte you pronounce it "chevrolet", yet you pronounce it "shev-ro-lay". why? because its a French name. same principle.

thanks for enjoying our multi-cultural country. drive-thru!

EDIT: oh i see you're from Ocean Springs. That explains a lot.... :D

texasPHINSfan said:
you can pronounce it any way you want. the fact is its a german name. if you wish to pronounce it correctly, you pronounce it with the "sh" sound. that said, you can pronounce it however you want. its not arrogance or making oneself look like an a$$. what's up with the hostility to other nationalities anyway?

How do you pronounce Chevrolet? Last time i checked, the ENGLISH language would dictacte you pronounce it "chevrolet", yet you pronounce it "shev-ro-lay". why? because its a French name. same principle.

Talking about pronouncing things, how do you pronounce: Hudson Houck?

I thought it sounded like: How-ck. I think it was Vickerson that made it sound like: Hawk. Which one is it?

texasPHINSfan said:

It's a pet peeve of mine, and, yes, it is pretentious. Such pronunciation of "gestalt" only found popular, more at *trendy*, usage, within the last 15-20 years or so, so, I suppose at your age, it would seem wholly appropriate.

[Edited to include the following:] I suppose Saban is mis-prouncing it as well, eh? No, he's utilizing the English pronunciation, as he learned it, minus the foreign affect.

Nublar7 said:
Talking about pronouncing things, how do you pronounce: Hudson Houck?

I thought it sounded like: How-ck. I think it was Vickerson that made it sound like: Hawk. Which one is it?

His name is pronounced Hawk and that was Alabi saying it.

tucker said:
hey buddy this isnt NEW ENGLAND....SABAN ISNT BILLICHICK!! christ sakes everyone always has to mention new england and the coach....we arent new england, just b/c the 2 are friends and worked together yrs ago doesnt mean you mimic them

Maybe this is better, O'Brien, the guy who is know in our front office and used to coach ST for the panthers, used to play starters all the time, on ST.

I think he meant that the videos are small so they all look kind of small.

Back
Top Bottom