Dolphins Rookie Mini-Camp: Day 3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Rookie Mini-Camp: Day 3

Nick is all about developing players. I believe that's the area that he will get the most pleasure out of. He has talked about developing a couple of the tight ends that he referenced. He didn't mention their names, but he was talking about Victor Sesay and Joe Munson. He mentioned developing Shirdonya Mitchell as a cornerback. He really likes the corners who were receivers initially. My guess is, he feels those types have the better ball tracking skills, and he also referenced in an earlier interview how high school coaches tend to put their best athletes at wide receiver, so a lot of your better college cornerbacks were high school receivers.

I know Nick wouldn't have taken him above value, but when a player has that good size/speed numbers often like the Raiders and Packers they'll reach for players.

SkapePhin said:
Well.. Billichick puts starters on Special Teams all the time.

Also, Chambers was on ST his first year, of course, he wasnt the number 2 overall pick though.
hey buddy this isnt NEW ENGLAND....SABAN ISNT BILLICHICK!! christ sakes everyone always has to mention new england and the coach....we arent new england, just b/c the 2 are friends and worked together yrs ago doesnt mean you mimic them

tucker said:
hey buddy this isnt NEW ENGLAND....SABAN ISNT BILLICHICK!! christ sakes everyone always has to mention new england and the coach....we arent new england, just b/c the 2 are friends and worked together yrs ago doesnt mean you mimic them
Chill out man he was just stating a good point, Belichick is a good coach that wins football games and he was just putting it out that it is a possiblity because it can help us, just like it has helped NE. They(Saban and Belichick) both as much as I hate to say it coach alike regardless of what you say.
BTW-Brown is probably not going to play ST but a starter on offense or defense
could very likely contribute on ST.

BocaHighQB said:
Chill out man he was just stating a good point, Belichick is a good coach that wins football games and he was just putting it out that it is a possiblity because it can help us, just like it has helps NE. They(Saban and Belichick) both as much as I hate to say it coach alike regardless of what you say.

Exactly what i was gonna say

i'm straight....its just pple always wanna bring up new england and what they do...who cares what new england does...and how are they alike? we havent even seen saban action yet, so we dont know what he is like

I actually have seen plenty of Saban coaching in LSU and plenty of his FA pick-ups and draftees and they would all fit into Belichik's system, you can't say nobody has seen him coach because plenty of us have.

tucker said:
did you have a little too much coffee this morning? ;)

Buddwalk said:
Who said ronnie is his #1 tailback...he might of used the 1st round pick on him but for all we know Kay Jay could take his job or lamar gordon could...right now its all speculation
Please tell me that you are not serious. Ronnie Brown IS the #1 RB with no doubt. Only way Gordon or Harris start is if Brown sufferes an injury(knock on wood).

KB21 said:
Oh man! Nick made a reference to the Gestalt Theory in this clip. You would never hear Dave Wannstedt make that kind of reference.

Yeah, and he didn't pronounce it "GeSHTALT", either, as so many pretentious pansies do nowadays.

Nublar7 said:
Please tell me that you are not serious. Ronnie Brown IS the #1 RB with no doubt. Only way Gordon or Harris start is if Brown sufferes an injury(knock on wood).
i don't like that mentality.

i want the best player to start, not the highest-drafted. if we did that, yatil green and john avery would be our starting wr and rbs....

best player for the position!!

side note: gestalt is pronounced geshtalt, if you wish to pronounce it correctly.

texasPHINSfan said:
i don't like that mentality.

i want the best player to start, not the highest-drafted. if we did that, yatil green and john avery would be our starting wr and rbs....

best player for the position!!

side note: gestalt is pronounced geshtalt, if you wish to pronounce it correctly.
The reason I have no doubt that Ronnie will start is because he IS the best RB we have. There is a reason he was the #2 pick in the draft and Harris was an UDFA.

Nublar7 said:
The reason I have no doubt that Ronnie will start is because he IS the best RB we have. There is a reason he was the #2 pick in the draft and Harris was an UDFA.
and ryan leaf is better than tom brady! :D

Back
Top Bottom