• Don Jones

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Jelani Jenkins

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Jammar Taylor

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, as I made no mention of Jordan for that reason, we agree on Jones, who was MUCH worse?

I don't think Jones was much worse. Didn't Jordan also play special teams and what did he do on it.
Jones did miss tackles but he made some nice special teams plays more positive than negative which is more than you can say for any other rookie we had

True but. missing 4 was the worst on the team. That's no our rookie of the year.

For most teams a 7th rounder isnt even consider as rookie of the year so thats not too bad. I think we all can agree that the rookie class was poor.

Potential for the future due to injury setbacks with Jordan , Taylor and Davis all having injuries early and really set back Taylor and Davis. I wouldnt say a horrible draft class just yet but definitely no immediate impact.

For most teams a 7th rounder isnt even consider as rookie of the year so thats not too bad. I think we all can agree that the rookie class was poor.

Potential for the future due to injury setbacks with Jordan , Taylor and Davis all having injuries early and really set back Taylor and Davis. I wouldnt say a horrible draft class just yet but definitely no immediate impact.

I don't buy the injury setbacks with Jordan. They played him on special teams so they obviously thought he was healthy. When Wake got hurt they played Jordan quite a bit that game and after seeing he wasn't ready started Shelby the following week.
The staff specified the reason that Jordan did not play more and people just don't want to accept that reason

I don't buy the injury setbacks with Jordan. They played him on special teams so they obviously thought he was healthy. When Wake got hurt they played Jordan quite a bit that game and after seeing he wasn't ready started Shelby the following week.
The staff specified the reason that Jordan did not play more and people just don't want to accept that reason

I know, not so much Jordan because Vernon was gonna play anyway but he did miss a large portion of training camp due to the injury

I know, not so much Jordan because Vernon was gonna play anyway but he did miss a large portion of training camp due to the injury

Losing snaps to Vernon makes some sense losing snaps to Shelby shows how much work he needs to do.
Wish we had kept our two picks , good riddance Ireland

I don't think Jones was much worse. Didn't Jordan also play special teams and what did he do on it.
Jones did miss tackles but he made some nice special teams plays more positive than negative which is more than you can say for any other rookie we had

Jordan was ranked as our #1 special teams player with 4 tackles and 1 missed tackles. Jones was ranked #41 of 41.

Jordan was ranked as our #1 special teams player with 4 tackles and 1 missed tackles. Jones was ranked #41 of 41.

I dont read to much into stats like that because Jones would have been the gunner being the first man down the feild to force the carrier while Jordan would have been more of the guy the the runner is forced into to get the tackle

More PFF crap. No offense. The same site that says Joque Bell and his 3.9 average was better than Knowshawn Moreno last year

I dont read to much into stats like that because Jones would have been the gunner being the first man down the feild to force the carrier while Jordan would have been more of the guy the the runner is forced into to get the tackle

Is this something you think you know? If so, you are wrong.

More PFF crap. No offense. The same site that says Joque Bell and his 3.9 average was better than Knowshawn Moreno last year

Tell me how many special team's players you watched closely over our 16 games, and I will agree. We both know better.

Just wondering ... but I can't help think about what our season would have been if we did the things I was suggesting ... you know, like re-sign Jake Long or trade for Eugene Monroe to play LT, draft TE Tyler Eifert for red zone size and the ability to both block and catch instead of gambling on Keller, draft Cordarrelle Patterson to improve the WR corps (if we didn't draft Eifert that is), sign Eric Winston to play RT instead of Clabo, not draft Dallas Thomas. I'm thinking we would have been pretty well off considering. Sure, half of Finheaven would have been complaining that we overpaid on the OL, but we definitely would have been in the playoffs and had a noticeably better running game.

Is this something you think you know? If so, you are wrong.

All the stats that you keep spraying out are meaningless. Jones was a gunner on the outside to force guys inside. Jordan was an inside guy who gang tackled. Your trying to compare 2 different special team positions based on tackels. Thats like saying Wheeler was the best guy on defense because he had the most tackles. He must have been twice as good as grimes right? he had almost twice the amount of tackles.

Tell me how many special team's players you watched closely over our 16 games, and I will agree. We both know better.

Im sure they watched more runningback plays than me and they still have a silly rating of Bell over Moreno.
I don't live and die by PFF because of their flawed ratings. Not in any way shape or form did Bell have a better season than Moreno yet their eyes tell them he did.
I find pff interesting but its just another group of opinions regardless if they are locked in a room watching TV 16 hours a day. They still came up with the idiotic notion that Bell was more effective than Moreno after all those hours

Back
Top Bottom