Dolphins rookie report: Beck's standing out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins rookie report: Beck's standing out

phinsfan1221

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/07/dolphins-rookiereport-beckstandingout270707.html QB John Beck (second round) - This is the player everyone involved with the Dolphins should be excited about. So far he's shown a strong arm and pinpoint accuracy. It might be his non-physical attributes, however, that are the most encouraging. Not only has Beck, a former BYU star, sought out and embraced veteran quarterback Trent Green as his mentor, but he's assuming a leadership role himself. During Oklahoma drills this week Beck was fired up, rallying both his offensive and defensive teammates. Beck's to-date progress couldn't be much more hopeful

Holy Cr@p i'm excited guys! I really can't take this any longer...
Our rookie class is looking so good this year. Mueller and Cameron may have nailed this class top to bottom!!!

Holy Cr@p i'm excited guys! I really can't take this any longer...
Our rookie class is looking so good this year. Mueller and Cameron may have nailed this class top to bottom!!!

Yea, I know we all get excited every year thinking our rookies are going to be the best players ever...... LOL, but seriously I don't think I've ever seen so many positive reports on rookies. So far everyone is raving about Beck and I can't even remember the last time I heard a good camp report about a QB, it seemed like all I was hearing/reading the last few years was "there were a lot of balls hitting the ground". Now I know it's just been all rookies out there, and it's a Completely differen't game here once the real camp and/or preason starts but this is all still very encouraging none the less

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/07/dolphins-rookiereport-beckstandingout270707.html QB John Beck (second round) - This is the player everyone involved with the Dolphins should be excited about. So far he's shown a strong arm and pinpoint accuracy. It might be his non-physical attributes, however, that are the most encouraging. Not only has Beck, a former BYU star, sought out and embraced veteran quarterback Trent Green as his mentor, but he's assuming a leadership role himself. During Oklahoma drills this week Beck was fired up, rallying both his offensive and defensive teammates. Beck's to-date progress couldn't be much more hopeful

I love it...Where are all the Beck haters who were screaming and yelling when we drafted him. I forgive you all...

Is it possible we have another Steve Young in the making... :kick:

I love it...Where are all the Beck haters who were screaming and yelling when we drafted him. I forgive you all...

I surely hope. They have very similar attributes: Not fast, but nimble in the pocket; Beck's arm is stronger, but both very accurate; Cerebral, can break down the playbook; They take a lickin' but keep on tickin'. I just hope we tap Beck's potential (Unlike Steve in Tampa) before someone else decides to take a chance at him....

Last night I watched a replay of the BYU Utah 06 game and Beck was impressive to say the least! The first two drives he only missed on 1 pass resulting in two TD's. After struggling for two quarters that seemed as much the result of good D, he lead his team to 3 straight TD's including the game winner with no time remaning. The last drive started with 1:09 and 2 TO's, about 78 yards, hopefully a harbringer of things to come!

You know....you just never know for sure, but somehow I have this feeling we got the right guy out of this draft.:ninja:

You know....you just never know for sure, but somehow I have this feeling we got the right guy out of this draft.:ninja:

How could you feel any differently with all these great reports coming out of training camp..."Accepting Trent Green as his mentor"..."Being a great leader" These are intangibles that cannot be tought. This is a direct reflection on his maturity level and was probably the MOST mature person in the entire draft...Lets hope the great reports keep on coming

Very encouraging, like I have been saying, more I read about him, the more excited I become, tomorrow we find out for sure what he actually has. thanks Phinsfan

Last night I watched a replay of the BYU Utah 06 game and Beck was impressive to say the least! The first two drives he only missed on 1 pass resulting in two TD's. After struggling for two quarters that seemed as much the result of good D, he lead his team to 3 straight TD's including the game winner with no time remaning. The last drive started with 1:09 and 2 TO's, about 78 yards, hopefully a harbringer of things to come!

Where is it that you guys keep seeing replays of that Utah game? I need to see that entire game.

Man...I can't wait til 2008 to see him in action...and even more I can't wait to see him in preseason.

Good news coming out about the performance of a Dolphin's QB?
You've got to be joking... it just can't be true... you are sure this is a Dolphin QB, right? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom