Dolphins Roster: Bottom-3rd talent-wise? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Roster: Bottom-3rd talent-wise?

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Closer to 14-15?

No franchise RB, maybe a #2?
O-line could develop into top-10 but bottom-10 now due to injury and Covid.
QB ?
TE 15 cuz 1-dimensional;1 guy can kinda block and 1 guy can get (somewhat) open and catch. Neither can do both.
WR: 1 above-average player. 1 average guy who's hurt. The dregs from there.

PK elite
P top 10?
LB bottom-10?
CB Top 5?
S Bottom 10?
DL 15 if healthy.

Nothing about our roster suggests we should be a playoff team now or even with 1 more draft and FA-signing period.
So, I will have to be proven wrong in many of my rankings. I would hope I underrated our LBs, Safeties.
Some of our WRs will have to step up, before we even add to it with a 1st-round talent or a top 15 FA WR.
We extended Shaheen at TE for some reason as he's not special at either chore.
Smythe is our blocker, Gesicki our receiving TE, seldom the twain shall meet. Neither are 'great'.
Our talent on O-line has to be top-10 after getting experience. If we have to keep chasing our tale there we'll never have capital enough to improve significantly at other positions.

Also, if Tua isn't the 'home-run' he needed to be, we just flushed another half-decade, or more, down the drain.

Talking about how much we suck is fun but why weren’t we doing it sooner? Nothing has changed.

It's a testament to our coaching staff, the culture, that we're where we're at.
However Grier has to step up and be a difference-maker because this next offseason makes or breaks this whole rebuild.
If we dont markedly improve at some positions without getting weaker at others, then it's another half-decade down the drain.

Mods can sticky this to my other one but I just wanted this thought expressed.
The roster that Tua comes into, IMO, is still Way Better than the 2012 Roster that Tannehill came into.
Well, at least it feels like it.
Davone Bess was our best WR vs Devante Parker.
I dont think we had a tandem of CBs like Jones and Howard, either.

Where were all these folks during the previous 5 games?

Sure we can use an upgrade OC, LG, MLB, and RB, but we are not bottom 3 in talent overall.

BxBzJiJIcAADa_P.jpg

There is a big disparity in our offense and defense. Offense has bottom third talent for sure, honestly off top of my head can’t think of worse other than the Jets.

Our defense on the other hand has lots of talent, but there’s still some holes.

There is a big disparity in our offense and defense. Offense has bottom third talent for sure, honestly off top of my head can’t think of worse other than the Jets.

Our defense on the other hand has lots of talent, but there’s still some holes.
Our "skills" are, but I think it's a little early to judge our O-line "talent". Both Flowers and Karras are middle if the pack, not bottom third, and there are 3 rookies.

If you want to say they are playing like rookies, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom