Dolphins should cut Chad Johnson. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins should cut Chad Johnson.

What other reason would I be here for? I will talk football, when the football minded guys start posting and making interesting threads. So far only seen guys like you whining and crying about non football things.

41 posts and we're STILL waiting for that to happen. Despite some of the craziness around here, there ARE a lot of interesting and smart threads/posts if you want to talk football. Take a good look around, I'm sure you'll find them. So instead of whining about people whining, why not just start contributing in a productive way...and not just ones that happen to criticize your boy Chad.

in 2 yr we will be looking for our next coach ireland will be gone two....

I just got done watching the game again, Pruitt and Wallace are making this team, both are big targets and run solid routes, this is what Philbin likes, they are both VERY strong and will take the ball from the corners when challenged.

That leaves Bess and Hartline as veterans.

Now do we really need a nonproductive over the hill trouble maker like Ocho who is at the end of his career and the class clown to boot or keep a guy like Matthews. The kid is doing great kick returning and plays great special teams and has a ton of upside at wide receiver all while being a Philbin prototypical pass catcher.

Now that being said, the packers only carried 5 receivers last year and in 2010.

I think this is where we are at after week one of preseason.
Bess
Pruitt
Wallace
Hartline
matthews
OCHOSTINKO, believe me guys i would love for him to be great again but the odds are against him at 34 years old, if Brady couldn't use him what the heck are we going to do with him.
Gates
Hogan
Cunningham

Also, when it comes to vets, we have Bess, who by the way is one of the best route runners in the league and from a character standpoint is absolutely amazing. Bess is who I want our young receivers learning from, not some loud mouth clown, who runs short routes and and has a case of the drops or is he just scared of catching a crossing route. I could see if it was 2007 and he was acting like this when he was in his prime but it's 2012 and he hasn't done squat in a long time.

The only good thing I see out of Stinko is that he pulls a ton of media attention away from everyone else on the team and allows them to focus on football and not getting caught up in the media garbage. That is the only positive spin i can put on this classless character.

I'm not a Chad Johnson fan at all. But it's just one preseason game. If he continues to be non-existent than it only makes sense to give the young guys a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson ended up being cut, but at the same time we've heard mostly encouraging things from him in training camp.

He'll be on the roster this year, serve his purpose as an experienced WR, earn his pay, then his character will start to surface. No reason to cut him. He'll do that himself within 12 months…

I just got done watching the game again, Pruitt and Wallace are making this team, both are big targets and run solid routes, this is what Philbin likes, they are both VERY strong and will take the ball from the corners when challenged.

That leaves Bess and Hartline as veterans.

Now do we really need a nonproductive over the hill trouble maker like Ocho who is at the end of his career and the class clown to boot or keep a guy like Matthews. The kid is doing great kick returning and plays great special teams and has a ton of upside at wide receiver all while being a Philbin prototypical pass catcher.

Now that being said, the packers only carried 5 receivers last year and in 2010.

I think this is where we are at after week one of preseason.
Bess
Pruitt
Wallace
Hartline
matthews
OCHOSTINKO, believe me guys i would love for him to be great again but the odds are against him at 34 years old, if Brady couldn't use him what the heck are we going to do with him.
Gates
Hogan
Cunningham

Also, when it comes to vets, we have Bess, who by the way is one of the best route runners in the league and from a character standpoint is absolutely amazing. Bess is who I want our young receivers learning from, not some loud mouth clown, who runs short routes and and has a case of the drops or is he just scared of catching a crossing route. I could see if it was 2007 and he was acting like this when he was in his prime but it's 2012 and he hasn't done squat in a long time.

The only good thing I see out of Stinko is that he pulls a ton of media attention away from everyone else on the team and allows them to focus on football and not getting caught up in the media garbage. That is the only positive spin i can put on this classless character.

cunningham should in that top 5, honestly, hartline should be downgraded, he is always injured......

He'll be on the roster this year, serve his purpose as an experienced WR, earn his pay, then his character will start to surface. No reason to cut him. He'll do that himself within 12 months…

As I was typing that, lo and behold, Johnson makes me right 12 months early !

cunningham should in that top 5, honestly, hartline should be downgraded, he is always injured......
I love cunningham also, he will be huge in size in a year or two. Just look at the beast Pruitt turned into.

Also, the news of Stinko beating his wife could change all of this..

You have to look at his positives as well. He is great role model off the field as far as not getting in trouble/arrested. He has a good work ethic and they want to milk him all preseason to teach thse young guys. The recievers look up to chad and see how he works hard and goes 100% so the young guys feel obligated to do the same. Lets not play G.M now, I think Philbin knows what hes doing here.

Yep, great role model.

What other reason would I be here for? I will talk football, when the football minded guys start posting and making interesting threads. So far only seen guys like you whining and crying about non football things.

Step into my office and have a seat next to the other rook... bring your playbook.

Someone tweet Ocho and tell him the dolphins cut him.

I seriously think he would have been cut before the first game anyway.

Look at all the young WR's we have now. Some of them must pan out.

No question about it. But, not because he dropped one pass in a preseason game. For many other reasons. He is next on my list.

After what has transpired in the last 48 hrs or so, Im guessing no players want to volunteer to be 3rd on my list. :lol: Vontae, you better step it up bro. No jokes.

Back
Top Bottom