Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

Let’s say we finish top 5 jerry. Are you taking the nc state 3 down de or are you trading out for a team coming up for either that de or a qb?

Cause if you trade out you gonna get a lot in return and probably still end up with a top 12 pick in the process.

And every down edge and qb are what teams covet when they trade up and “over pay”

Let’s say we finish top 5 jerry. Are you taking the nc state 3 down de or are you trading out for a team coming up for either that de or a qb?

Cause if you trade out you gonna get a lot in return and probably still end up with a top 12 pick in the process.

And every down edge and qb are what teams covet when they trade up and “over pay”

I know I'm not Jerry :) But if we arent taking a QB I'm probably trading down. Of course, that all depends on compensation and how far we drop.

If we had no real trade partners and I was forced to pick, I'd go with a DE or Derwin James. I know, I know, we have Jones and McDonald, that's a big problem and we would have to trade one of them away, but this D needs a safety like James.

That would be the Ideal scenario, if were able to trade down and still remain top 12 , get another 2nd to 3rd rounder and maybe trade up to get another 1st rounder.

I know I'm not Jerry :) But if we arent taking a QB I'm probably trading down. Of course, that all depends on compensation and how far we drop.

If we had no real trade partners and I was forced to pick, I'd go with a DE or Derwin James. I know, I know, we have Jones and McDonald, that's a big problem and we would have to trade one of them away, but this D needs a safety like James.

I like Derwin James but the Fins won't draft a Safety, with the contracts we gave McDonald and Jones ( we got two SS smh)

The dolphins should draft a qb in the first round in 2018. Period.

That would be the Ideal scenario, if were able to trade down and still remain top 12 , get another 2nd to 3rd rounder and maybe trade up to get another 1st rounder.

If we sign William Hayes back I’d put the odds of a top pick de in the top 12 as very low unless they are just gonna ice Andre Branch and pay him $10 mil to ride pine.

They will have their 4 man de rotation if they sign Hayes for 2018

I think miamis play here finish top 5 is trade out for a team coming up for qb or de. It makes the most sense unless we don’t have a 4th de for the rota or we use that pick on a qb

They do have to plan for no more cam wake and Andre Branch both of which likely are gone come 2019. Maybe wake is still here Branch won’t be

I like Derwin James but the Fins won't draft a Safety, with the contracts we gave McDonald and Jones ( we got two SS smh)

I don’t think they will draft a corner or a safety top pick barring a trade out.

Just don’t see any secondary top pick in Miami

I don’t think they will draft a corner or a safety top pick barring a trade out.

Just don’t see any secondary top pick in Miami

I agree with that too, that being said, Tannenbaum loves his DBs and DEs. Dude seems to think they are his specialty.

At this point the only thing that would surprise me with that guy is a Punter or PK in the first round.

If we sign William Hayes back I’d put the odds of a top pick de in the top 12 as very low unless they are just gonna ice Andre Branch and pay him $10 mil to ride pine.

They will have their 4 man de rotation if they sign Hayes for 2018

I think miamis play here finish top 5 is trade out for a team coming up for qb or de. It makes the most sense unless we don’t have a 4th de for the rota or we use that pick on a qb

They do have to plan for no more cam wake and Andre Branch both of which likely are gone come 2019. Maybe wake is still here Branch won’t be

Lets say we trade down to 12, I think rb or OL will be the pick. There's some athletic LBs but I don't think any is worthy of a top 12 selection (I haven't got a good look yet),DT class looks very good but I don't think they will draft a DT, CB may be in play but he has to be truly elite cause we have young players in Howard and Tankersly. I like the TE class but IDk about top 12. So by default the best value will be RB or OL, this rb class is very athletic.

Lets say we trade down to 12, I think rb or OL will be the pick. There's some athletic LBs but I don't think any is worthy of a top 12 selection (I haven't got a good look yet),DT class looks very good but I don't think they will draft a DT, CB may be in play but he has to be truly elite cause we have young players in Howard and Tankersly. I like the TE class but IDk about top 12. So by default the best value will be RB or OL, this rb class is very athletic.

I'd hate taking a RB that high, particularly with the depth coming out in this draft.

At LB I'd get Malik Jefferson, kid is what the doctor ordered for our D.

They trade out I would think rb would jump to the top. Maybe that kid Nelson at guard.

I do know though that if they are sitting there top 5 and that Chubb kid is staring at them it’s gonna be a hard sell.

They loved Derek Barnett in last draft and athletically I see a similar player in Chubb except this ones in a 275 lb package

And they are gonna love that size and do have to plan for wake and branches departure.

Too bad Branch has no trade value with that contract

Keep in mind they are blaming kikos problems on others. Raekwon shows up and Anthony who they traded a pick for takes over strong and they may just roll with it at lb. maybe a 4th round athlete cover add for the rotation. They also control Hewitt still and are developing allen

QB, DE, CB and WR are premium position. Many stats show in todays NFL the best teams prioritize passing on offense and stopping the pass on defense. Teams that run the ball well and stop the run well don't really change the outcome of the game. The NFL has changed and Bill Belichick was one of the first coaches to understand this.

Back
Top Bottom