Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him' | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him'

Dion Jordan was one of the best defensive players available in the draft and with the flashes we've seen so far he appears to be very much worth the #3 pick we spent on him, but...

Shouldn't a #3 pick be more than a situational player with what turned out to be an ailing shoulder? I don't know, I guess I expect more from a #3 pick. If we had picked Jordan somewhere in the teens, then sure, whatever. But top 5 pick? He needs to be on the field all 3 downs, immediately.

Hopefully this is just minor and he doesn't miss too many regular season games.

in a perfect world, yeah, you'd want to see immediate contributions from your #3 overall pick. but our DL is pretty strong and Jordan has physical limitations that can easily be exploited on early downs for now. i'll tell you this though, i'd rather spend a #3 overall pick on a situational pass rusher than a RT

in a perfect world, yeah, you'd want to see immediate contributions from your #3 overall pick. but our DL is pretty strong and Jordan has physical limitations that can easily be exploited on early downs for now. i'll tell you this though, i'd rather spend a #3 overall pick on a situational pass rusher than a RT

cant argue with that although I would have rather stayed at our original draft position. and kept the second round pick. Nothing against Jordan I just don't think the difference between the 3 and 12 in this draft were so great

cant argue with that although I would have rather stayed at our original draft position. and kept the second round pick. Nothing against Jordan I just don't think the difference between the 3 and 12 in this draft were so great

probably part of the reason why the compensation for moving up was so little. still, i applaud the move. Jordan is one of only a few players in the draft who really has the potential to become a game-changer IMO.

probably part of the reason why the compensation for moving up was so little. still, i applaud the move. Jordan is one of only a few players in the draft who really has the potential to become a game-changer IMO.

I don't like Ireland and am not a huge fan of the Jordan pick but I respect the move in that it was a ballsy move.
It could turn out to be a great move, Im just not a believer of that.

Dion Jordan is the defensive Ryan Tannehill pick. A project with amazing tools...but..

We just got the KRYPTONITE to the Kaepernicks, Wilsons, Bradys, Brees, Rodgers, and Mannings of this league...quite probably, and potentially, the VERY BEST player of this entire draft!!

Not if he is hurt.

This is the GARBAGE fad mentality of "defense wins championships" yada yada all over again... play kill-the-QB and you are bulletproof, yeah,baby!

Whatever.

That pick NEEDS to be a IMPACT BALL-HANDLER for about the next 3 years where we can get some guys that actually SCARE opposing defenses for a change.

If I was Jordan, I'd be itching to get onto the playing field, but any reasonable NFL rookie understands the situation, and best to take it one week at a time. I'd prefer take the pre-cautionary stance and weight train him to recover, and come back fully healthy. Is there always a risk of injury? Of course, but lessen that risk by healing what's already wrong.

Not if he is hurt.

This is the GARBAGE fad mentality of "defense wins championships" yada yada all over again... play kill-the-QB and you are bulletproof, yeah,baby!

Whatever.

That pick NEEDS to be a IMPACT BALL-HANDLER for about the next 3 years where we can get some guys that actually SCARE opposing defenses for a change.

1- there was nobody worth that at #3 (obviously besides the point) 2-that kill-the-qb approach your not fond of, it sure worked for the Giants. I think that's who we are most closely trying to replicate in the talent we have on D 3- I would've been fine with Eifert or Austin at 12 (austin would've been off the board tho) so in a sense, I agree

Just hope that the FO did a thorough pre-draft physical evaluaion & he did`t
come in "damaged goods"

It is obvious that he is hurt from the Jax game.

"i'm looking good, your lookin good; even two rings is looking good."

"Hey tworings! Say something classic"

"Jordan a bust like Jama Fisher."

I don't like Ireland and am not a huge fan of the Jordan pick but I respect the move in that it was a ballsy move.
It could turn out to be a great move, Im just not a believer of that.

Sorry but I don't think you're a believer AT ALL

Not if he is hurt.

Whatever.

Yeah, cause great defense hasn't ever gotten anyone to the super bowl recently......oh wait, it has!

I am all in the Jordan pick but honestly this was IRELAND going all in cause it could be his last draft! Jeff rolled the dice here and if Tanney leads the Offense to a great balance of Run pass and we win the TO battle for once (we will win more than we lose) Jeff won't get roasted for Jordan, but if the O sputters all season and the D is on the field all season long Jeff is TOAST at years end while Jordan recuperates, I don't see a GM demolishing what we ahve in Philbin and Tanny!

I hope Jordan just tweaked his shoulder but I know from my own experience that I lost all my strength and I felt scar tissue in there for two years so while modren med continues to improve the real issue is rushing your star who is supposed to be around 10+ seasons. I say let him heal -> i am not in favourof losing Jordan for his career, to save Ireland's job

How has Dion looked?

Pretty big Ducks fan, loved Dion at Oregon. Hope he does well with you guys. How is he looking?

Back
Top Bottom