Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

You have some strange positions and i'm more convinced it's purposeful now.
You're probably also convinced that IGAF about your convictions....

:ny1:

What is and how do you get bloated tackle stats. Never heard that term before.
When the plays come directly to you or your tackles are after they already gained 20 yards, that's bloated stats. I guess meaning that the tackles are almost pointless because the other team already made a big llay

When the plays come directly to you or your tackles are after they already gained 20 yards, that's bloated stats. I guess meaning that the tackles are almost pointless because the other team already made a big llay
...and that was EXACTLY the knock on Thomas during his run. That point was made repeatedly on these Miami boards... Now, it was generally made by the guys who liked to be trollish and controversial... but it was out there.

What is and how do you get bloated tackle stats. Never heard that term before.

There were some who said certain team stat trackers would be a little overly generous with their awarding of assisted tackles. Giving the third guy to jump on a pile an assist. Ray Lewis typically had a much higher tackle to assist ratio and there was always the debate on how much value to place on the two stats.

I haven't kept track of these things but would assume that there are clearer definitions now.

Watch out, another good year by Baker and he might want a new contract.

What happens if Baker gets 10 sacks next year. Will he ask for more money or a trade?:munch:

Just stirring the pot on a slow football day

So your one of them fans that would rather he missed the tackle 20 yards down the field.

Tackles are a useless tool to tell the impact of a LBer. Sure if you consistently get 150 you're more than likely a solid player, but that doesn't mean youre an elite player.

Atlanta had a guy a few years ago that I can't remember for the life of me that had 3 years of 140+ tackles, now he's not even signed iirc.

You guys are right and so convincing. I have no idea why tackles would indicate anything when evaluating a linebacker....silly me 🤔

Zach was known for his film study to make sure he was in the right place, so does that make him a stat stacker or incredible linebacker to force plays to come to him.

Looking at Tackles for LBs is like looking at receptions for WRs(or completions by a QB for that matter)... Having alot is usually a good thing but it also doesnt tell you a whole lot about the quality of your overall game. That being said, I dont really remember this being an argument against Zack Thomas, at least by inteligent people, Zach's most glaring detractors were mostly talking about lack of sack production and coverage issues. Channing Crowder is a guy who took a shitload of flack for his "bloated" tackle numbers, nervermind if deserved or not.

A whole tier? Some people need to stop sharpening their pitchforks and really look at the players. David had 12 more solo tackles, 8 less assisted and 5.5 less sacks than Baker. PD is also negligible with David having 6 vs 3 for Baker. Where in those numbers does it show that David is an easy tier above Baker?

It's a fair contract for both sides and if it were David's name instead of Baker, the haters would be popping champagne bottles. Not every move is deserving of a resident hater.

lol lavonte David and Jerome baker don’t belong in the same sentence. One locked up Travis Kelce in the super bowl. The other carries coverage on rbs primarily.

I got news for ya the only reason lavonte David signed for similar annual money was cause he took a hometown discount to run it back in tampa.

Back
Top Bottom