Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

I agree. I really like Baker, but this is pricey and hopefully it comes with increased production. He had a nice year last year, so hopefully with another year in the system he will really show out.
I don't think it's pricey for what he can still get to. Flores had noticed his improvements and to come this far and not be such a liability on 3rd down says a lot about his hard work. He's not done improving either. I love this.

I don't think it's pricey for what he can still get to. Flores had noticed his improvements and to come this far and not be such a liability on 3rd down says a lot about his hard work. He's not done improving either. I love this.
It’s the shock of the number at first look that got me. You are right, when you look at the improvement, especially as the season went on, this might end up being a great deal if he continues the climb. It’s a different feeling actually trusting the staff to get the players to their potential. A few years ago I would have serious doubts that the staff would help a player live up to a contract extension like this.

They interview Baker 2 days ago and ask him about this. The man isn't concerned with it, he is just focused on being out with the guys. He LOVES being with the team. Has been here for all the voluntary work. Genuinely loves being a part of this crew, putting the work in, wants to be here for life. As I'm watching this I was thinking Flo/Grier have to love this guy.

I certainly loved watching him play last season. That monster 30 yd sack on Mahomes had me jumping up and hollering. I'm a fan of locking him up for a few more years. Really happy to see this.

INTERVIEW

Back
Top Bottom