Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

So much for the resident FH "experts" who proclaimed Bake to be too lanky, too light and not a good fit in Coach Flo's Defensive system. I unashamedly like Bake and this commitment to him for the future. He is a talented, high character player who has improved every year and he also loves our team. It is good to see good players re-sign and commit to the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Once the cap gets back up this won't seem that big imo. I would have tried to get him at 10 mil a year, but if he has another year like last year with 7 sacks 100+ tackles it's worth it

Fair deal for both sides.

Some ppl bitch if they are hung with a new rope......... Of course some bitch that they aren't hung at all.
you do realize I considered using you in that post...........lol

Once the cap gets back up this won't seem that big imo. I would have tried to get him at 10 mil a year, but if he has another year like last year with 7 sacks 100+ tackles it's worth it
The reality is if this got to free agency, he likely gets more. Look what they signed Van Noy too. Baker’s entering his prime.

I thought they'd let him walk, but you kinda have to give Grier and Flores the benefit of the doubt after having a couple years with him. They're tying themselves to him for the next 3 yrs....that's a long time in the life of a pro football regime.

It did seem like Flores saw something in Baker that none of us had seen before and got him more in that attacking role. I still can't get past the coverage issues.....seems like someone with his athleticism should be better.

Similar contracts but one guy is at least a whole tier above the other.
A whole tier? Some people need to stop sharpening their pitchforks and really look at the players. David had 12 more solo tackles, 8 less assisted and 5.5 less sacks than Baker. PD is also negligible with David having 6 vs 3 for Baker. Where in those numbers does it show that David is an easy tier above Baker?

It's a fair contract for both sides and if it were David's name instead of Baker, the haters would be popping champagne bottles. Not every move is deserving of a resident hater.

Back
Top Bottom