Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

He’s still young, and I don’t think he’s reached his ceiling yet. As a comparison, he’s younger than Joe Burrow and our own Robert Hunt. Encouraging that he speaks so much about loving the culture of the team at the moment.
It is, and I believe him, but he was doing some serious sandbagging about it a couple days ago

I don't blame him, in fact I think its hilarious.

He’s still young, and I don’t think he’s reached his ceiling yet. As a comparison, he’s younger than Joe Burrow and our own Robert Hunt. Encouraging that he speaks so much about loving the culture of the team at the moment.
Good stuff. Enlighten clueless posters.

I like Baker but 3 years at $39 million works out to $13 million a year if he plays out the entire contract. That seems like a lot of money for a good but certainly not great LB.

I would have rather they used the money to resign Gesicki or even see if they could get Fuller to sign on for more years.

I hope he lives up to that contract. One 7 sack season where he gets noticed makes me cautious. Hope those that think he is still reaching his potential are right and that last year was a continuous up trend. I would have liked to have seen Gesicki locked up first.

That contract will pay him almost as much as Xavien Howard...hope egos don't start as well

A whole tier? Some people need to stop sharpening their pitchforks and really look at the players. David had 12 more solo tackles, 8 less assisted and 5.5 less sacks than Baker. PD is also negligible with David having 6 vs 3 for Baker. Where in those numbers does it show that David is an easy tier above Baker?

It's a fair contract for both sides and if it were David's name instead of Baker, the haters would be popping champagne bottles. Not every move is deserving of a resident hater.

I wasn't basing it on just one season. Only dolphin fans think they're on the same level.

It's a big contract for a middling player who they're hoping can live up to it. Not much more can be said.

Appearently the NFL is not looking to renew with Sunday Ticket. It's my understanding the league is looking at Amazon as a potential partner to stream the games, via Amazon Prime. There are several articles out there on the net, you can read up on, the NFL's interest in an, Amazon deal. The implication is its potentially a huge deal for the NFL. Directv has lost its luster and it looks like the NFL has taken notice.
I would be thrilled if Amazon prime took it over and didn't jack their prices much. I pay $80 CDN/year for prime and I pay $150/year for DAZN to get all the NFL games.

He now seems overpaid. Let us hope he takes a step forward and shows that he is worth this contract.
What would his value be on the open market?

What is his value to our defense?

If both of your answers are in the positive then he's earned that contract.

I would be thrilled if Amazon prime took it over and didn't jack their prices much. I pay $80 CDN/year for prime and I pay $150/year for DAZN to get all the NFL games.
Amazon Prime has signed for the rights to stream the Thursday night games starting next season but I haven’t read anywhere that they will also be taking over the Sunday ticket.

Appearently the NFL is not looking to renew with Sunday Ticket. It's my understanding the league is looking at Amazon as a potential partner to stream the games, via Amazon Prime. There are several articles out there on the net, you can read up on, the NFL's interest in an, Amazon deal. The implication is its potentially a huge deal for the NFL. Directv has lost its luster and it looks like the NFL has taken notice.
That would be great, but they seem to go through this every other year, so they can drive up the contract with DirecTV/ATT.

Back
Top Bottom