Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

From what I've seen, it's closer to 10mil than 13mil per, and its somewhere around 25 mil gauranteed.

IMO, you cant really judge a contract by "surface" publicity release numbers. The devil (and reality) is in the details.
I mean if you add the ~$2.6M he is set to make on his rookie deal in 2021 to his extension it averages out to ~10M per year over the next 4 years.

Last edited:
I wasn't basing it on just one season. Only dolphin fans think they're on the same level.

It's a big contract for a middling player who they're hoping can live up to it. Not much more can be said.
Lmao. Even the people who like the deal have not put Baker on a pedestal. That's a reach. However, the numbers last year I provided didn't say David was astronomically better. That's a fact supported by numbers, not my bias for Dolphin players.

If Baker is middling with virtually the same numbers FROM LAST YEAR, what does that make David? Let me guess, lucky season for Baker? Hardly.

I hope he lives up to that contract. One 7 sack season where he gets noticed makes me cautious. Hope those that think he is still reaching his potential are right and that last year was a continuous up trend. I would have liked to have seen Gesicki locked up first.

That contract will pay him almost as much as Xavien Howard...hope egos don't start as well
How much does Howard get paid?

The real kick in the stones for me would be if they resigned Gesicki at top TE money.

Baker is now the 2nd highest paid linebacker in the league. I am sorry but he was grossly overpaid. As said before, let's hope he outplays it.
Thats just not true. Looks like #7 to me, and that's ILBs. The market moves up continuously. By this time next year, it will likely not even be top 10.

Not sure how to feel about this one. Not that it matters cause the team didn't ask for my opinion. I think Baker is a good LB but not a great LB. I hope he proves me wrong and takes it to another level now.

Thats just not true. Looks like #7 to me, and that's ILBs. The market moves up continuously. By this time next year, it will likely not even be top 10.

You are right. I was thinking he would be getting paid 13.9 mil this year... Which would have made him the 2nd highest paid linebacker behind Bobby Wagner this year. But in 2022 he will be the 9th highest paid LB.

I have hope he can be a top 10 LB but he hasn't been that thus far. I am still hopeful he can still get to a next level.

Exactly. We made Byron Jones the highest paid CB in the league last offseason. He's already down to #5 a year later.

You are right. I was thinking he would be getting paid 13.9 mil this year... Which would have made him the 2nd highest paid linebacker behind Bobby Wagner this year. But in 2022 he will be the 9th highest paid LB.
Did uou look at the link? 6 players have an average per (which is all we know about Baker's deal) north of 13.5 mil per.

What are you talking about? Please enlighten me.

That would be great, but they seem to go through this every other year, so they can drive up the contract with DirecTV/ATT.
AT&T sold a portion of Directv. The deal with the NFL for Sunday Ticket ends after the 2022 season. Its not as a sure thing as in the past. Streaming TV has become a very popular way to watch TV. I think the NFL wants to take advantage of that.

Back
Top Bottom