Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

Yawn! The F.O. believes in this player and paid him accordingly. Congrats to them both on their marriage.

Who cares what the rest of you think about the deal!
Some of us like to discuss, and banter about what's going on with our favorite team.

Others just pop into threads they "are not interested in" to post "drive by" snide comments.......

Some of us like to discuss, and banter about what's going on with our favorite team.

Others just pop into threads they "are not interested in" to post "drive by" snide comments.......

Right...let's complain about what's in the other guys wallet and say if they're worth it or not!

Put the list in "AAV" order, that's their average pay per year, he'll be making the same as #25 on the list.

Correction: #26 on the list is 10.35M per year, about the same as Bake's gonna make for 4 years on average.

Last edited:

Not a response to my question.

He could have been drafted in 2018 and been a Fin through 2021, and then that 13 mill per year could have theoretically been spent elsewhere.

This isn't even really about the Baker contract. But combining the extension (new contract) with a year he was still under his cheap rookie deal, just seems like people artificially deflating how much we actually paid him to feel better about the deal.

We paid him 13 mill, not 10. No mental gymnastics necessary.

Appearently the NFL is not looking to renew with Sunday Ticket. It's my understanding the league is looking at Amazon as a potential partner to stream the games, via Amazon Prime. There are several articles out there on the net, you can read up on, the NFL's interest in an, Amazon deal. The implication is its potentially a huge deal for the NFL. Directv has lost its luster and it looks like the NFL has taken notice.
Thanks brother I am well aware of the conversations. I was posting this for those that may have forgotten. Have a great day!

Right...let's complain about what's in the other guys wallet and say if they're worth it or not!
Some do that too.

I think after the original onslaught of those that complain regardless of the move, most posts were of a more "team assesment" related nature.

Things like how the contract compares to other LBs, how he might be used going forward, etc.

You have to take the good with the bad in an open forum brother.

You are a club member. You know less of that crap goes on in 347.

Not a response to my question.

He could have been drafted in 2018 and been a Fin through 2021, and then that 13 mill per year could have theoretically been spent elsewhere.

This isn't even really about the Baker contract. But combining the extension (new contract) with a year he was still under his cheap rookie deal, just seems like people artificially deflating how much we actually paid him to feel better about the deal.

We paid him 13 mill, not 10. No mental gymnastics necessary.
Average salary for the next 4 years, is just above 10M, really pretty simple. No artificial deflating involved. Average yearly salaries are consistent, actual pay in particular years is fluid and doesn't represent the real picture.

If he were a Fin through 2021, and had even a little better of a year than his 2020, he'da been an UFA, where he coulda cost a lot more.

I guess they should just keep doing FA and player signings like they did for the past 20 years, since it worked so well.

Put the list in "AAV" order, that's their average pay per year, he'll be making the same as #25 on the list.

Correction: #26 on the list is 10.35M per year, about the same as Bake's gonna make for 4 years on average.
You do not distinguish between ILB and OLB? They are paid on slightly different scales.

I'm not commenting on the validity of that, only that it exists.

You do not distinguish between ILB and OLB? They are paid on slightly different scales.

I'm not commenting on the validity of that, only that it exists.
Ya I just looked at all LBs...not that it would be wrong to look at the difference between O/I. If you just count OLBs, he's 17th with the new contract. Still fair IMO.

McKinney's 10th for ILBs.

Average salary for the next 4 years, is just above 10M, really pretty simple. No artificial deflating involved. Average yearly salaries are consistent, actual pay in particular years is fluid and doesn't represent the real picture.

If he were a Fin through 2021, and had even a little better of a year than his 2020, he'da been an UFA, where he coulda cost a lot more.

I guess they should just keep doing FA and player signings like they did for the past 20 years, since it worked so well.
I never stated I was against the extension. That's your interpretation of me simply being against what I do consider to be artificially deflating it by playing games and combining seperate deals.

We paid him 13 mill per for 3 years. How bout you be ok with that, bc that's what happened.

Last edited:
One thing I think has been overlooked is that the FO was able to get 100+ tackles the last two years out of a 3rd round pick and then sign him to a reasonable second contract. Most 3rd round guys don't get that extension let alone that production. Great value to the organization and one less hole to fill for a few years. Can't hate it

Back
Top Bottom