Dolphins sign Baker to extension | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Baker to extension

I never stated I was against the extension. That's your interpretation of me simply being against what I do consider to be artificially deflating his salary to 10 mill.

We paid him 13 mill per for 3 year. How bout you be ok with that, bc that's what happened.
With annual salaries being pure fluid, I look at averages. All about consistency. I believe he's worth 10.3M per year for four years, that's how I look at it.

Salaries, from year to year, impact the cap differently across the whole team, and they get moved around ALL the time, but what always rings true is the average.

Appearently the NFL is not looking to renew with Sunday Ticket. It's my understanding the league is looking at Amazon as a potential partner to stream the games, via Amazon Prime. There are several articles out there on the net, you can read up on, the NFL's interest in an, Amazon deal. The implication is its potentially a huge deal for the NFL. Directv has lost its luster and it looks like the NFL has taken notice.
A little birdie told me AT&T is selling Direct TV.

Ya I just looked at all LBs...not that it would be wrong to look at the difference between O/I. If you just count OLBs, he's 17th with the new contract. Still fair IMO.
Baker is an ILB in this defense (3-4 based).

I will say that in our "hybrid" schemes, the distiction becomes blurred.

Generally, fast cover LBs are considered "outside". The better term in this case is probably "off ball" linebacker I suppose.

Seems pricey but he’s one of the better LBs we’ve drafted lately so whatever, hopefully he takes that next step.

also once the cap goes up it won’t be as big of a deal

where does he rank as far as top paid off ball LBs now? I’m sure it’s been answered in these 10 pages but haven’t read yet

Appearently the NFL is not looking to renew with Sunday Ticket. It's my understanding the league is looking at Amazon as a potential partner to stream the games, via Amazon Prime. There are several articles out there on the net, you can read up on, the NFL's interest in an, Amazon deal. The implication is its potentially a huge deal for the NFL. Directv has lost its luster and it looks like the NFL has taken notice.
If this is true, that’s huge. And awesome. Would make it accessible for so many more people

With annual salaries being pure fluid, I look at averages. All about consistency. I believe he's worth 10.3M per year for four years, that's how I look at it.

Salaries, from year to year, impact the cap differently across the whole team, and they get moved around ALL the time, but what always rings true is the average.
That's fine I suppose if it makes you feel better.....lol... . but it makes it difficult to then make a direct comp to other players, without doing a whole lot of research on their previous contract structures.

Seems pricey but he’s one of the better LBs we’ve drafted lately so whatever, hopefully he takes that next step.

also once the cap goes up it won’t be as big of a deal

where does he rank as far as top paid off ball LBs now? I’m sure it’s been answered in these 10 pages but haven’t read yet
#7 for ILB

That's fine I suppose if it makes you feel better.....lol... . but it makes it difficult to then make a direct comp to other players, without doing a whole lot of research on their previous contract structures.
Not about feelings at all...just seems logical. I don't have a feeling either way of what any of these guys get paid...not my money.

Hard to take it that way, given the vast majority of your posts are negative, irrespective of the subject.

Perhaps you should "lighten up".

All of us, that aren't chronic homers, have negative takes, but I don't recall one positive post.

No need to reply, you be you. Just pointing out the irony in you telling someone to "lighten up".
The resident tough guy who interjects himself into EVERY conversation. You do you, and I'll do me.

Stop taking everything so serious. Lighten up pumpkin!

This extension also tells our players and free agents alike that we are open for business, provided you buy into the system and be a 'team player'.

Not terrible

money will go up, not a huge deal
Yep. Like I posted earlier, this time next year, it likely won't be top 10.

I know one thing, if Bake has another good year, with any improvement at all, we would have to pay a hell of a lot more to keep as a FA.

Back
Top Bottom