Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed

No problem with this signing. Only about four or five starters are guaranteed, and perhaps he’ll benefit from a new OL coach and surroundings. We live in hope.

He's still a young guy. Will add depth and has played plenty of snaps at both guard and tackle
Chris Reed G, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed OG Chris Reed.
Signed by the Jaguars as an UDFA in 2015, Reed's logged 724 snaps at left tackle and both guard positions with Jacksonville over the last three seasons. He'll serve as interior depth on a washed Miami O-line.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

He's still a young guy. Will add depth and has played plenty of snaps at both guard and tackle
Chris Reed G, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed OG Chris Reed.
Signed by the Jaguars as an UDFA in 2015, Reed's logged 724 snaps at left tackle and both guard positions with Jacksonville over the last three seasons. He'll serve as interior depth on a washed Miami O-line.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

well for those that are pushing for a tank you can't say tank better than a guy that wasn't good enough to start on a bad oline coming in and people actually talking about it. Now we need a guy who was a backup on the Cardinals oline.

We haven’t been able to build a line that is effective , stays healthy , scandal free, since soprano days. This seems like more of the same. Color me skeptical our line play is better this year. Though I am happy they let James walk. He was little above average and got paid elite money.

I suspect we’ll be drafting 2 OL and expect them both to start?

I would think definitely at least one. It's early in the new season and I'm sure there will several good opportunities to pickup 1-2 quality FA players. Now them doing it is a whole other question....

We've been kind of OL shocked the last gazillion years though last year we did get Sitton a legitimate quality player when he was healthy...

No clue to his real value but I do find it interesting that

" Reed will reunite in Miami with new Dolphins offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, who coached him in Jacksonville the past two seas "

Reminds me when we drafted RT and hired his head coach the same year as our Offensive Coordinator. Neither were that impressive in college at that time to be both a 1 st round pick and a head coordinator. It just didn't make sense. So this player failed to improve under the same former coach he played for in Jacksonville. Hum.

Back
Top Bottom